THE "Knives on NCIS" Thread

Colonel Ryan uses a Spydero Delica? Spyderedge to free himself from his bonds and then throws it into a baddies neck!

Season 1 Episode 15 "Enigma" (00:30):
NCISS01E15-0030.png

NCISS01E15-0050.png

Gibbs uses his Gerber Fred Carter Utility GB5856 to open a package and then sticks it into I'm assuming a pad or something on his desk and not the desk itself :)

Season 1 Episode 15 "Enigma" (06:20):
NCISS01E15-0620b.png

NCISS01E15-0620a.png

Gibbs uses the Gerber to whittle a stick while waiting for the bomb squad.

Season 1 Episode 15 "Enigma" (10:10):
NCISS01E15-1010.png

Last edited:
Gibbs uses his Gerber Fred Carter Utility GB5856 to pry open a stereo speaker.

Season 1 Episode 17 "The Truth Is Out There" (10:14):
NCISS01E17-1014.png

Now this one is interesting. Gibbs whips out his Gerber and uses the blade as a mirror to read some text that is on the ground. In the shot of the mirrored text it is clearly not the Gerber's blade though.
Season 1 Episode 17 "The Truth Is Out There" (32:17):
NCISS01E17-3217a.png

NCISS01E17-3217b.png

Last edited:
Is this of any interest to anybody or am I wasting my time?

McGee uses a fully serrated Spyderco Endura? to free Kate from her bonds.
Season 1 Episode 18 "UnSEALed" (14:33):
NCISS01E18-1433.png

I have a bunch from seasons 1 & 2 but those would take a long time to upload. Here's a few of Gibbs's knife from Season 4 Episode 2.

sknife05rr7.jpg

ncis0402gibbssknife08ah3.jpg

ncis0402gibbssknife03br0.jpg

I don't have one but the Gerber Fred Carter Utility looks okay to me -- nothing special, but an okay folder. AUS-8 steel, 5" closed with a 3.7" blade is a decent size.

Impressive that Gibbs' stayed with that knife thru the different seasons.

I don't have one but the Gerber Fred Carter Utility looks okay to me -- nothing special, but an okay folder. AUS-8 steel, 5" closed with a 3.7" blade is a decent size.

Impressive that Gibbs' stayed with that knife thru the different seasons.

I know a lot of guys who use a knife a lot. Knives aren't a hobby for them, just a tool. So when they have one that does what they need done, they stick with it. So, Gibbs' behavior sounds realistic to me.

I agree that it's realistic, just surprised because Gibbs is a TV character and not a real person. I've been EDCing a Benchmade 940 since before the NCIS pilot so I'm very aware of sticking with a tool that works.

does spyderco and gerber actually pay to have these knives in the show or are they just used because those are the ones around the set when filming or what?

In the Episode "Recoil" the Murder has an Applegate fixed blade fighting knife (Boker I think) and in his house there is a Spyderedge Police model.

Saw Ziva throwing a Cold steel Kobun into a wall on the episode where (spoiler) Ziva was suspected of being a spy for her country by the FBI and she had to go and hide, and she called Gibbs who just retired to help her.

Spotted that one in the commercial. She could use her Mossad thumb hold on me any time!!!

does spyderco and gerber actually pay to have these knives in the show or are they just used because those are the ones around the set when filming or what?

We've never paid for our knives appearing in this or any other show. We're very fortunate, several production crews carry Spyderco.

Kristi

Gibbs uses his Gerber to cut open a plastic bag. While not terribly exciting, I think this scene shows that Gibbs is really a knife nut like us. The average person would just struggle for a few extra seconds to rip open the bag, but we cut EVERYTHING open :D

Season 1 Episode 19 "Dead Man Talking" (06:51):
NCISS01E19-0651.png

One episode a Ka-Bar was used. Ziva also uses an MOD CQD Mark I auto :cool:.

-ROOK-

DiNozzo quotes Rule 9 "Never go anywhere without a knife" and then reveals that he has a belt-buckle knife.

Season 1 Episode 20 "Missing" (29:49):
NCISS01E20-2949.png

Gibbs uses his Gerber to break into a payphone.

Season 2 Episode 3 "Vanished" (14:47):
NCISS02E03-1447a.png

NCISS02E03-1447b.png

FINALLY something new. Kate uses a large AO/Auto (unfortunately as a screwdriver) to extract a camera from a vent. Any ideas on this one? The way the finger guard sticks out WAY past the blade reminds me of a SOG Twitch, but this knife appears to be much larger than that?
EDIT: Possibly a Benchmade AFO 9050BK? Credit to jack lowe

Season 2 Episode 9 "Forced Entry" (33:35):
NCISS02E09-3335a.png

NCISS02E09-3335b.png

McGee uses (I'm guessing the same Spyderco Endura that we've seen before?) to get some scrapings from a crematorium furnace.

Season 2 Episode 13 "The Meat Puzzle" (32:41):
NCISS02E13-3241.png

Last edited:
Back