THE "Knives on NCIS" Thread

I haven't read all the posts after page one, but I saw an episode where Abby beat up a guy who had a large Cold Steel Tanto Voyager.

There was a SS Spyderco Police left at a murder scene.

I saw a Benchmade Nimravus in one episode.

Other knives I've spotted:
Cold Steel Kobun.
Spyderco Delica and Endura.
Gerber (model??).
Kershaw Leek.
MOD CQD.
To name a few.
Jim

Now then, on to the NCIS update I promised:

Ziva reveals a fixed tanto that she had concealed in her waistband. Any ideas on this one guys?
EDIT: Hahaha, James Y ID'd some knives while I was typing up this post. So for now I'd say that this is a Cold Steel Kobun.
Season 3 Episode 4 "Silver War" (11:54):
NCISS03E04-1154.png

Later she kills a baddie by throwing it into her chest!
Season 3 Episode 4 "Silver War" (42:00):
NCISS03E04-4200.png

Gibbs uses his Gerbed to free a prisoner.
Season 3 Episode 7 "Honor Code" (40:51):
NCISS03E07-4051.png

Gibbs has his trusty Gerber clipped to his pocket, which he uses to open a package. Geez, well into his 3rd season with this thing, time for an upgrade!
Season 3 Episode 8 "Under Covers" (15:18):
NCISS03E08-1518.png

NCISS03E08-1520.png

Some baddies threaten Tony and Ziva with a crazy fixed blade (that they apparently keep in a briefcase?).
Season 3 Episode 8 "Under Covers" (31:43):
NCISS03E08-3143.png

NCISS03E08-3638.png

A lab tech threatens Abby with what I'm guessing is a Cold Steel XL Tanto Voyager?
Season 3 Episode 9 "Frame Up" (41:56):
NCISS03E09-4156.png

NCISS03E09-4205.png

Ziva intimidates some young punks into talking by trimming her fingernails with her Cold Steel Kobun.
Season 3 Episode 13 "Deception" (32:39):
NCISS03E13-3239.png

Gibbs gives a North Korean defector a combo edge (with the old style serrations) Kershaw Leek to diffuse a bomb.

Season 3 Episode 14 "Light Sleeper" (39:58):
NCISS03E14-3958.png

NCISS03E14-3959.png

NCISS03E14-4016.png

I swear they put this shot in just for me :D
NCISS03E14-4059.png

I really did like, and watch this show. But early this morning on a 2d amendment rights site they had a list of Hollywood actors who are anti-gun. Mark Harmon was right up there. I've lost all desire to see that shaow again. He has no problem being Leroy Jethro Gibbs for a paycheck, but would take your and my guns away, probably our knives as well as they go hand in hand.

I'm sad and disgusted.

The sight was Maryland shooters. The forums was the 2d A. rights national level.

I really did like, and watch this show. But early this morning on a 2d amendment rights site they had a list of Hollywood actors who are anti-gun. Mark Harmon was right up there. I've lost all desire to see that shaow again. He has no problem being Leroy Jethro Gibbs for a paycheck, but would take your and my guns away, probably our knives as well as they go hand in hand.

I'm sad and disgusted.

The sight was Maryland shooters. The forums was the 2d A. rights national level.

I figured as much - most if not all dems are hypocrites. I recently saw a list of all the conservatives in hollywoooood and he was not among them. Nobody on the show was on the list.

Knock off the political BS. That's not what this thread is for and that kind of talk is not allowed in this forum.

Tsk tsk, lazy prop department. A baddie uses a Gerber to threaten and then untie Director Shepard. Coincidentally the exact same knife that Gibbs carries (but we all know how he feels about coincidences) :D

Season 3 Episode 22 "Jeopardy" (36:40):
NCISS03E22-3640.png

Gibbs uses his Gerber to open a vent where he suspects (correctly of course) that a camera may be hiding.

Season 4 Episode 1 "Shalom" (29:34):
NCISS04E01-2934.png

Ziva throws her Cold Steel Kobun into the wall to pass the time.

Season 4 Episode 1 "Shalom" (37:36):
NCISS04E01-3736.png

Gibbs uses his Gerber to bust open Tony's voice recorder.

Season 4 Episode 2 "Escaped" (34:27):
NCISS04E02-3427.png

Last edited:
new episode tonight had a knife in it. I couldnt tell what it was, but it was a folder with a clip point (i think thats what its called) blade, silver colored bolsters and what looked to be a wooden handle.

Great thread. Its nice to see a show like NCIS using good quality knives instead of cheap crap for their proper. Hopefully more police/forensics/military shows follow suit.

What's funny is that I have never owned a Gerber but I actually like the one that Gibbs carries a lot. Seems like a decently sturdy knife instead of crap like most people say Gerbers are.

Ziva uses her Cold Steel Kobun to cut down a bag that is hanging from the roof.

Season 4 Episode 5 "Dead and Unburied" (31:58):
NCISS04E05-3158.png

Ziva pulls out a knife we've never seen before to defuse a bomb. I could be wrong but it looks like a junker to me.
Season 4 Episode 7 "Sandblast" (22:28):
NCISS04E07-2228.png

NCISS04E07-2229.png

NCISS04E07-2231.png

Later on in the episode, Tony gives Ziva what appears to be a SAK to defuse another bomb.
NCISS04E07-4025.png

NCISS04E07-4031.png

Ziva teaches the team how to throw knives. She also teaches us that "knives don't run out of bullets".

Season 4 Episode 15 "Friends & Lovers" (02:16):
NCISS04E15-0216.png

NCISS04E15-0217.png

Agent Lee almost kills Gibbs with her attempt:
NCISS04E15-0343.png

The black handled "junker" with the yellow rectangle on the handle was a sub-$20 Schrade sold at Wally World in the 90s...

I read that in real-life, the actor who plays Denozo (sp??) is the son of a (the?) major importer of Swiss Army Knives into the U.S.
Jim

Any updates! I'm really enjoying this thread!:D

Glad to hear it, hmmm, I remember seeing one last night, gimme a sec....

This knife is found with a body and logically is suspected to be the murder weapon. I haven't done any research at all into what it is, but it sure looks Kershawesque IMO. Although if it was I suspect it would say so on the pocket clip, as they usually do.

Season 4 Episode 22 "In The Dark" (04:15):
NCISS04E22-0415.png

Gibbs bags the evidence:
NCISS04E22-0443.png

Last edited:
Back