1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The magic of the Insingo.

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by kidcongo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Redwood25

Redwood25 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2015
    My small 21 Micarta Insingo, is one of my very favorite knives. I hope to be buying a large 21 Micarta Insingo soon.

2. blade man

blade man Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 8, 2001
    @kidcongo I'm sad this thread has lost its photos. I picked up a large Insingo and came back to find this. :(

Any chance you'd be able to update this thread? Your photos detailing this and other Sebenza details were absolutely superb.

3. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    I will stay with the drop point hands down

4. clockman

clockman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I've had a large Insingo for a few years. I've never been able to carry it for a day once in a while.
    I read your thread and the great comments from you Cody The comments from everyone else were great too.
    I've been carrying mine for almost two weeks and I don't see a reason to stop any time soon.
    I love the blade shape on this knife! It's the best slicer CRK makes.

5. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    For most of us the drop point is much more functional for everyday applications and easier to sharpen as well

6. clockman

clockman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2009
    @ tank sniper...have you ever used an Insingo ? Your comments about the drop are exaggerated and one sided.

"tank sniper For most of us the drop point is much more functional for everyday applications and easier to sharpen as well.

7. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    yes I have used the insingo. I don't care for it as you can tell. The drop point does everything I need it to. I simply see more disadvantages with the insingo than advantages especially if you are a big game hunter. Obviously the insingo has a big following but maybe the majority of these are "gentleman users" as it were.

Here is a link that I think will be okay to post here since they advertise here or did at one time.
    https://www.knifeart.com/chris-reeve-blade-shapes.html

8. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Disadvantages based on your use for sure. Different blades for different functions. Glad CRK makes different bladed types. I’ll use my insingo blade to gentlemanly cut things.

JohnM likes this.
  9. tank sniper

tank sniper

Jan 8, 2018
    LOL... I agree different blades for different uses...