1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The magic of the Insingo.

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by kidcongo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. swarthys

swarthys

Apr 8, 2015
    Well, I finally pulled the trigger. My small insingo micarta just arrived in the mail -- my first CRK -- and it is a beauty! I finally get it now -- the fit and finish on this blade is really impressive. This one was a used blade picked up from another forum user. It just came back from the spa. I am sure this won't be my last CRK purchase.

[​IMG]

2. Boomer34

Boomer34

Dec 13, 2014
    Love that!

3. ice_man

ice_man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 16, 2014
    That's a good looking piece for a used blade.. Congratulations...:0

4. dawgfan

dawgfan Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Hot off the bench...

[​IMG]

5. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. ice_man

ice_man Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 16, 2014
    Nice! Sent you inquiry on a CF scale for a small seb 21... :D

7. hLHXWG

hLHXWG Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

8. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. metallikat87

metallikat87

Apr 1, 2015
    This thread may have sold me. I have been ogling CRKs for some time now but have been on the fence about what my first one would be. Even though I love CRK Damascus I am leaning towards a small micarta inlay Insingo. If they would do a raindrop or basket weave Damascus Insingo then I would be completely decided.
    Now I just need to find one I can afford...

10. Officer's Match

Jan 23, 2013
    Don't pass up a CF if you can find one, either size. Impossibly amazing knife with ridiculous (lack of) weight. And the resounding "thock" the large one I have makes upon opening... just too cool for my grasp of words. :cool:

11. metallikat87

metallikat87

Apr 1, 2015
    I know there are some still available online with the full CF scale. I really wish they would do a CF inlay on the Insingo, I'm not sure why they limit the options with that blade shape so much.
    I am leaning towards the small just because I think it would be more normal in my typical office environment but I don't think the large is too big either. It just depends on what I find when i have the money to pull the trigger.

12. flyingjon

flyingjon

Jul 18, 2014
    They do! It's a dealer exclusive but they offer it in an insingo.

13. metallikat87

metallikat87

Apr 1, 2015
    I had forgotten about that exclusive, I know they are OOS now though. Any chance they ever come back? I have not seen one in the secondary market, not recently anyway.

14. flyingjon

flyingjon

Jul 18, 2014
    There was a large a couple weeks ago. I asked them a couple of months ago and they said they had another order in. I don't know if those have come in yet or not. A batch only lasts about an hour if even.

15. metallikat87

metallikat87

Apr 1, 2015
    I am on the email list if they do come back. Hopefully I can catch one

16. luke2236

luke2236 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2010
    This thread has done it for me,once I sell my strider ar I'll be ordering a small insingo.

17. delkhouri

delkhouri Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 25, 2007
    For a small insingo Id recommend the micarta inlays. I have large hands and the micarta makes the small sebenza feel a bit more substantial.

18. Officer's Match

Jan 23, 2013
    Agreed, for any Small for that matter.

[​IMG]

19. metallikat87

metallikat87

Apr 1, 2015
    The micarta is definitely growing on me, I really like the way it wears in and darkens.

20. gull wing

gull wing Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2002
    You guys with nice pointed, and clean tips on your Insingo just make me jealous. ;)
    Mine is blunted some, from use.