1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

The Mini Hatchet

Discussion in 'Axe, Tomahawk, & Hatchet Forum' started by Hacked, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Fmont

Fmont Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Love it. I need to get one.

Yankee Josh likes this.
  2. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
  3. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Boy those really came out nice! Great work!

Fmont, Meek1 and littleknife like this.
  4. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Thanks.

Fmont and Yankee Josh like this.
  5. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    Heading into town after work today for dinner a movie ( opening day of Midway, loved the original and had to buy tickets for this one ) and a little bit of shopping and I've decided to pick up some BC cold blue and blue these little guys.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019 at 11:31 PM
    Yankee Josh and Fmont like this.
  6. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    I'll get some somewhere, but while walmart had the BC cold blue solution a couple weeks ago they didn't this time.

Not sure where else to buy it if the other walmart doesn't have it next time I'm up that way, so I'd probably have to order it if the stuff can actually be shipped to California ( I know my leather dye says not legal for sale In California on the box but I've got no problem ordering it )

Fmont likes this.
  7. Yankee Josh

Yankee Josh Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2018
    You probably know this already but I thought I'd mention it anyway in case you didn't. Cold bluing involves lots of rinsing to do properly and you've already hafted them! Makes it a lot harder to do. Can you get the sticks out of 'em?

Fmont likes this.
  8. Hickory n steel

Feb 11, 2016
    They're definitely not going anywhere, so I guess that means I won't be cold bluing them.

I'll probably just paint on some ketchup and leave 'em overnight, the dark dull grey doesn't look that bad and it evens out over time.
    That's what I did to my first one.