The "Mini/Micro" knife discussion

250nic1.jpg

Other than Swiss Army knives, I don't have too many "mini" knives, and those I do have are kicking around in one of my knife chests somewhere because I don't use them. I have larger hands, so I don't tend to enjoy knives of that size. That said, I do have several knives, like the Kershaw Shuffle, an ESEE Candiru, and a few others.

IMG_20180926_010740.jpg Tactical Geek Variable X. I have a lot more minis, but I'm in Brazil for a few months and this is the only one I have a picture of. I love my Hoback MK Ultra.

I use both of these almost daily. Obviously not for heavy work but both open with one hand.
Christy and Korcraft.
otJBiDbl.jpg

xb95F2yl.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've had a Christy knife or three since the late 1950's. My dad was an enthusiast of the little slider, and gave both my sister and I one when we were kids. My sister Anne used hers it stop an attempted sexual assault when she was 20. They have a fascinating history with both the U.S. armed forces and certain government agencies. I use mine daily for small cutting jobs like opening packages and cutting twine in the garden.

I'm curious about the Korcraft. Does it use regular X-acto blades?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I've had a Christy knife or three since the late 1950's. My dad was an enthusiast of the little slider, and gave both my sister and I one when we were kids. My sister Anne used hers it stop an attempted sexual assault when she was 20. They have a fascinating history with both the U.S. armed forces and certain government agencies. I use mine daily for small cutting jobs like opening packages and cutting twine in the garden.

I'm curious about the Korcraft. Does it use regular X-acto blades?

Cool story.
I think it is an X-acto blade but not 100% sure. Comes with extra blades in different shapes, a bottle opener and extra bushing. Quite handy little guy. You can remove the blade with a coin (unscrew the nut) if caught at the airport (in the old days).
rKRTaFml.jpg

jodmK94l.jpg

Around the house, in my robe or pajamas, I'm never without my Gerber LST ultralight in my pocket. :thumbsup: Lockback, half-stop, good 420HC which takes an excellent edge, weighs next to nothing and handles all those "little" things I use a knife for in the house (outside of the kitchen). :cool:
Fantastic light weight knives

This little guy lives in my wallet:cool:

20201225_154322.jpg

Awesome comparison picture compared to the Mnandi. My edc is a Mnandi, it was my office/work knife. I wear a suit so I can't get clip anything on my pocket. However based on the weight and sleekness of the Mnandi I made it my always knife. I never came across anything I couldn't do with it.

Congrats on the purchase.

Back