The mods suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I can help.

Things that suck:
Whiny people.
Bullies.
Stubbing your little toe in the dark.
That list of stuff in the Alanis Morissette song.
Dropping your favorite knife on concrete.

Things that don’t suck:
Da Mods, who happen to donate large chunks of their time.
M4 steel.
Freedom.
Dogs.
Steak.
Singing birds and sunsets.

Enjoy a day off. :cool: #1stworldstruggles

i got a 40 demerits for sassin the mods.
I honestly thought this was a joke till I saw my email.
I sell a couple hundred knives every year elsewhere, I'm sure my thousands of viewers will be interested to hear of the gestapo like tactics the mods use here when dealing with very minor problems. Seriously 40 points for calling out mods? For 10 points who here thinks I care if the mods close my account?
You pick up wrong name for this forum D dirtvictim ............. modsvictim will better suit you :D And I use Micarta for some of my knives ........:p

Can we just close this? Play by the rules or take it like a man. Actions have consequences.

I just noticed that this was tagged with "Fear my reag".:eek:

As gratifying as it was to see the guy get kicked I'm pretty sure he was just trolling.

Ban-hammer... had to say it. One of those words that makes me smile sometimes. Like critter.

The Ban-hammer was thrown at the dirty critter who could't keep his thoughts to himself.

Bacon
Bears
Battlestar Galactica

In before the lock

Four pages of comments and the OP is nowhere to be found? :rolleyes: Post and run, mods ding him another 40 :p

inb4 somebody tells me he's banned

Moderators are volunteers here??? :eek:

I always thought Spark was being compassionate by hiring wheelchair bound introverts that have a hard time gaining employment elsewhere......:)

Honestly, I see less mod intervention here than I do anywhere else forum wise I visit.

I see @marcinek trying to be a mod about 10x more than I see the mods modding.:eek:

Wow... I thought it was just me that noticed... more than a few times...

Anyway, I have been around for a while, and the old mods were a different animal. Some were arbitrary, certainly had their favorites, and when talking about knives you couldn't dispute their opinion without taking great care. One even hammered me hard because he didn't like my opinion, thought I was another member (duh...) and warned me about getting banned because he "remembered" warning me that my personal experience in making a small utility blade from recip saw blades was dangerous, and would work. And oh yeah, he had the wrong guy. Rather than apologize, he sent me a pm that told me not to make an issue out of it.

So I quit here for a while (couple of years??) because I was so annoyed. I was looking for info on a particular knife, and there is no greater archive on this planet than here on BF. Started reading some of the posts and responses, and it seems a different place.

I think this current sets of mods are well balanced. Where the guys from a few years ago always opted out to ding you just to make sure they didn't miss a chance at correction, this group seems MUCH more relaxed about things. Still a lot of snarkiness and tattling from the 10,000 post group no doubt, but those folks seem to think themselves as assistant mods. This group of real mods seem to let the kids play, they don't seem full of "stuff" just because they are mods, and they participate in threads like the rest of the guys which makes sense as most of today's mods started as valued participating members here.

So I think this is a good group of moderators. If the OP pissed them off, he needs to pack up his toys and go away. Just my two cents.

Robert

.....Some were arbitrary, certainly had their favorites, and when talking about knives you couldn't dispute their opinion without taking great care.....

Robert

This unfortunately is so very true. Playing favorites, handing out infractions like candy and then bragging about it on the "guitars and hashish" forums to there buddies...
and then childishly joining in and bashing people in the W&C section..trying to become one of the cool kids....seen this happen too many times and its unprofessional to say the least...

But if the Mods are volunteers, that explains a lot....who's gonna pass on free employees? right?
Seen a lot of good people ran off to the "other" forums because of mods here...
Things seem to be better lately ...new faces..new mods.

Last edited:

Anyway, I have been around for a while, and the old mods were a different animal. Some were arbitrary, certainly had their favorites, and when talking about knives you couldn't dispute their opinion without taking great care. One even hammered me hard because he didn't like my opinion, thought I was another member (duh...) and warned me about getting banned because he "remembered" warning me that my personal experience in making a small utility blade from recip saw blades was dangerous, and would work. And oh yeah, he had the wrong guy. Rather than apologize, he sent me a pm that told me not to make an issue out of it.

So I quit here for a while (couple of years??) because I was so annoyed. I was looking for info on a particular knife, and there is no greater archive on this planet than here on BF. Started reading some of the posts and responses, and it seems a different place.

I think this current sets of mods are well balanced. Where the guys from a few years ago always opted out to ding you just to make sure they didn't miss a chance at correction, this group seems MUCH more relaxed about things. Still a lot of snarkiness and tattling from the 10,000 post group no doubt, but those folks seem to think themselves as assistant mods. This group of real mods seem to let the kids play, they don't seem full of "stuff" just because they are mods, and they participate in threads like the rest of the guys which makes sense as most of today's mods started as valued participating members here.

So I think this is a good group of moderators. If the OP pissed them off, he needs to pack up his toys and go away. Just my two cents.

Robert

Do what I do...when they self-appointed 'mods' identify themselves, put 'em on ignore. Hell, I've had marci on ignore since the custom knife forum turned into the 'Fixed Blade' forum and ran me off! :)

Honestly, I see less mod intervention here than I do anywhere else forum wise I visit.

I see @marcinek trying to be a mod about 10x more than I see the mods modding.:eek:

Robert

This unfortunately is so very true. Playing favorites, handing out infractions like candy and then bragging about it on the "guitars and hashish" forums to there buddies...
and then childishly joining in and bashing people in the W&C section..trying to become one of the cool kids....seen this happen too many times and its unprofessional to say the least...

But if the Mods are volunteers, that explains a lot....who's gonna pass on free employees? right?
Seen a lot of good people ran off to the "other" forums because of mods here...
Things seem to be better lately ...new faces..new mods.

Do what I do...when they self-appointed 'mods' identify themselves, put 'em on ignore. Hell, I've had marci on ignore since the custom knife forum turned into the 'Fixed Blade' forum and ran me off! :)
If you all want to turn this into a discussion about the different moderators, you should start a thread in the Tech Support forum. I don't think it will go anywhere but have a blast.

This thread is about one person melting down and the good job the moderators did handling it. You shouldn't diminish that by dredging up your personal feelings about the way you may have been treated in the past.

Now, before I get accused of trying to be a moderator, can anyone tell me what micarta is and where I can can get some?

The mods are people too. They have been given the task of watching over what can be at times a zoo(or kindergarten class). Just like the rest of us they can have bad days and I am sure tire of dealing repeatedly with the same infractions and people never reading the forum rules. All in all I think they use a fairly light hand, but if they say to do(or not do something) it is best to heed them and certainly not attach them or don't be surprised by the consequences. If you have a problem with that or question it-take it to PM not the open forum. Overall I think it is a pretty thankless job and I certainly would not want to do it, but we can make it a little easier for them by working with instead of against them.
With that I will thank them
my 2 cents

Last edited:
If you all want to turn this into a discussion about the different moderators, you should start a thread in the Tech Support forum. I don't think it will go anywhere but have a blast.

This thread is about one person melting down and the good job the moderators did handling it. You shouldn't diminish that by dredging up your personal feelings about the way you may have been treated in the past.

Now, before I get accused of trying to be a moderator, can anyone tell me what micarta is and where I can can get some?
I know a guy who knows a guy, but he only sells if you're cool. Half the members here including me are automatically excluded :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back