The most ergonomic knife ever.

Fixed = Another vote for Mora. Very comfortable knife to hold and use.

Folder = Gerber Gator. Thick, round, and comfortable. An under rated knife in the good "bang for the buck" category.

I have big hands (xl/2xl glove) and I like a thick, wide handle. That is one reason I don't own many frame locks. I like another scale on the side to make it thicker.

Some knives that I really enjoyed and that deserve some honorable mentions:
Large sebenza 21
Paramilitary 2
ZT 0350, 0640 and 0630
Emerson CQC 7 with wave

but I think the small inkosi without lanyard is really the one I prefer in terms of ergonomics when it comes to EDC

yiDLpdf.jpg

Fixed blade is an easy pick for me. This Helle Gaupe feels like it was made for my hand specifically.

U31yypy.jpg

And I'll just go ahead and graciously pre-disqualify myself on "the one" folder. Too many to get down to one.

First pick for ergonomics would be a benchmade 710 because you could hold it in any grip and it would still be comfortable.I'm sure there are others......

I should mention Emersons are well known for handle ergonomics.Every one I have is comfortable their handles are not overly wide or thick.

If you can’t cut it down to one, I understand. I’m mainly curious if any of you have found the one knife that just melds with your hand.

I am familiar with a most of the knives discussed, but there have been a few posted that I hadn’t known about. As always, thank you all for contributing. :thumbsup:

My #1 is the Buck 302 Solitaire. The handle is exactly 4 inches long closed which spans the palm for a full four finger grip. It's the Clark Kent of small pocket folders.

Buck302BlackRose01b.jpg

When I need more, I back it up with one of the hundreds of variations of the Buck 110 Hunter (here a fixed blade version). Very comfortable for hard work.

Buck%2B302%2Band%2B101_zps9nnigfxl.jpg

On the fixed blade side, the Buck Vanguard feels just right.

Buck_FixedBlades_Vanguard_692_192.jpg

Zt 300 series. Rounded with melted edges everywhere, so nice

They're just so dang heavy I never carried mine

34526197.jpg

Benchmade Kodiak like the one above. Everything works on that knife handle for me - length, width, thickness. Great in regular, reverse, choked up, etc....

Not fancy, but just a tremendous knife all around.

Back