The most ergonomic knife ever.

This hunter by Daado. Perfect : size, weight, balance, shape and girth of handle (and it's stag...), everything is just right. The feeling in hand is amazing.
MbXveSO.jpg

Most of us have been through a few knives at least, searching for that perfect solution. Some of us, through piles of knives.

Which one was made for you? What’s the one knife that is the most ergonomic to your particular hand? Which one makes the heavens part and the chorus of angels sing?

Any multiples are disqualified. I want to hear about “the one”.

My list:
1. Fantoni HB-01 made in Italy with 4.1 S125V blade or M390 blade.
2. Rick Hinderer Full Track with M390 blade
3. ZT 0452CF
4. ColdSteel 4-Max
5. Chris Reeve Large Sebenza w/ S35VN
6. Spyderco Tatanka w/ 5 inch VG-10 Japanese blade
7. Microtech Socom Elite w/ 4 inch M390 Blade

The Adventure Sworn Mountaineer is my pick.
Feels perfect in hand. Light and nimble.

Honourable mentioning is my Fiddleback Forge Kephart.

Mine would be a Buck 112. I have bigger hands and while a 110 might "fit" better, the 112 "feels" better. Might not make sense, but I love the front bolster on the 112. It definitely feels locked in when I grab it. The ZT 0566 fits my hand pretty good too...

XM-18's in 3.5 and the XM-24 both are fantastic to my hands, as is the Emerson Commander and CQC-13. I'd also have put the Rockstead Shin up their if it had more traction. Even though it is non-textured titanium, my custom Cheburkov Scout is also fantastic in the hand.

AzVP8uMh.jpg

w3XDVsAh.jpg

2YCKgJah.jpg

sbRBXCMh.jpg

tQERVX9h.jpg

6vnz0clh.jpg

Some that I thought were great:

Buck 110
Buck 112
Gerber Gator
Spyderco Chinook
Spyderco Wayne Goddard
Kershaw Leek
Kershaw Blur

My favorite is still the Buck 112 in water buffalo scales or elk antler scales.

Kyzliar Orlan or Sterkh,they both have the same rubber handle...i wear glove size 11.
its a shame they dont produce them anymore.

Most of us have been through a few knives at least, searching for that perfect solution. Some of us, through piles of knives.

Which one was made for you? What’s the one knife that is the most ergonomic to your particular hand? Which one makes the heavens part and the chorus of angels sing?

Any multiples are disqualified. I want to hear about “the one”.
My fiddleback forge monarch without a doubt.

I swear Andy Roy makes this thing feel like an extension of your hand in any grip position

iVXu0Pe.jpg

YCczRGb.jpg

PEzN6oq.jpg

Last edited:
For me beside my small pile i thing mora companion and opinel no 8 is near perfect for my hand,not the ones that i carry though..the most "locking in the hand" knife was one from wood that i carve,in one of those endless waiting time on my job.It came carved almost alone itself and my three years old boy enjoy it..:)

Small:

i-vW5RrBC-X2.jpg

Large:

i-vV4w3Zt-X2.jpg

On your Manix 2, is that the flytanium lock thingy? I've been thinking about ordering one. Seeing it with wood scales makes me think it will go well with mine. The plastic ones are fairly worn down after 5 & 1/2 years of ownership.

On your Manix 2, is that the flytanium lock thingy? I've been thinking about ordering one. Seeing it with wood scales makes me think it will go well with mine. The plastic ones are fairly worn down after 5 & 1/2 years of ownership.

Yes, they work well, I can recommend them.

I have a Big Chris personal edc model in m390 with kirinite scales. I use it hard, and have done so for about 8 years and I swear he made a mold of my hand.

Russ

The best ergonomic? Burt Foster, Tad Lynch, Songrit are the best I have ever held.

75233650_2472762652777832_2353314608426516480_n.jpg

Back