The MountainManDu Journey.

Great mail call. :D

16952146429_0608e6e676_z.jpg

Next to BK9 for size comparison

17112385556_304c091f34_z.jpg

She is thick, on my calipers at .281"

16950567768_88e06f03ce_z.jpg

An awesome chopper!! Handle feels great on this big monster!!

My Rat family. Use to be 4X larger... But im REALLY happy with whats here and ALL are/will be users!

16950568518_e0749e633f_z.jpg

Id like to thank Mr. Magoo for the Solution and Warden setups, and the awesome Mr. T and badass Scarpyard Coin. Magoo your name escapes you this time mate. Thank you so much for the box slap full of awesomeness brother!

And id also like to thank E for helping me scores this badass chopper!! Im looking forward to sinking this monster into some wood!

Last edited:
She feels excellent in the hand. And while it does have the same shape handle as the RMD its not exactly to size.

MountainMandu is 1.46" at widest point of handle And the RMD is 1.32" at widest point.

The extra width coupled with the added thickness gives you a great feeling purchase on it.

Its not a light knife, but for its size its quick! I absolutely love it bud.

Nice bunch of Rats mate !!!! Those grips make the Warden into an entirely different knife as well..!!!!

Oh man, you've gotta love opening packages like that! Those warden scales are hard to get ahold of now, Magoo did you a solid there!

Congrats on a greath score- love that Mountainmandu, pure SR-77 awesomeness. Even with 1/4 of what your collection used to be, you still got an excellent collection.:thumbup:

Thanks for posting on the Rats Forum, should wish some more would do that instead of other places.

Congrats Wood!!!! :thumbup:
Can't wait to hear what you think of the MountainMandu once you've had a chance to take her out for a "spin"! ;)

Nice. I prefer the Swamp Rat blade to the BK9 in the pic, but would prefer the Becker scales...if only they got together and had an offspring! Haha

Thanks everyone!! They are some sweet blades!!

The MMD is having some work done.... I look forward to getting it back and seeing how she performs after the regrind!!

16629637663_75e88445da_z.jpg

Wow!! Really interested to hear about how the MMD chops,, I can't help to think it looks like it would want to slip out of your hand,, but Im sure thats not the case.
Where did you get the scales for your warden??

Wow!! Really interested to hear about how the MMD chops,, I can't help to think it looks like it would want to slip out of your hand,, but Im sure thats not the case.

I'm also interested in the Warden scales, my little warden is my most carried fixed blade.

Man.....that thing is going to bite DEEP!

Yessir, im thinking its going to perform really well!!

The handle actually feels really secure. Im thinking if your hand makes it over the hump at the plunge line and then on to the blade you were doing some crazy stuff with this beast LOL

The scales came from my buddy Magoo, a member here that lives in Australia, but were made by another member named bpiatt. More info here, http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1136446-Swamp-Warden-handles

Getting beat on after the regrind;

[video=youtube;VwfZae0iY4g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwfZae0iY4g[/video]

Back