The new BladeForums.com STORE!

Oh, yeah! I almost forgot. I place for us aspiring knifemakers to display our own creations for sale. This could be separate from the "For Sale" forum. Strictly for novice/amateur knifemakers.

Tony

Mike, Most EXCELLENT! I would support such a store. The Bladeforums are a favorite of mine and a thousand others.Can't think of anything that hasn't been mentioned. I like the calendar.(without SPARK in a tutu)
biggrin.gif
How about a roll up canvas knife multi pouch for folders,with logo.Books and videos would not infringe on the shops. Maybe we need the BLADE channel?(just kiddin)...
CHAD great sticker! A bladeforums knife sharpener, keychain. MOUSEPADS!!
ALRIGHT THEN.

We will have the site up in a week or so. I will use most of your suggestions. We will also have secured ordering thanks to Mike Gallagher of ABC-Direct who will lend us an order form page. Thanks to all for the suggestions and look for the site VERY soon.

Also I need your help here as well. I have donated $10,000 for startup costs to have certain things in stock. Some items will need to be ordered at the time you place your orders. This may cause a delay of about a week or two to get your items in.

Will this be acceptable?

------------------
Best Regards,
Mike Turber
BladeForums Site Owner and Administrator
Do it! Do it right! Do it right NOW!
www.wowinc.com

I for one would have not problem with a wait like that. I am very greatful that you are showing your comittment to the forums by opening up the store and investing your own money.

Regards,

Tom Carey

How about a good quality T with the BladeForums logo of front and "Have a Knife Day." on the Back. I"ll buy it. And some of the aforementioned TuffCloth.

Mike,

This should be a pretty cool little shopping area . There were many great suggestions and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us .

P.S. I am looking foward to the limited edition (BladeForums ) Spyderco , hope you have more info soon .

Mike, I also do not have a problem with the wait. I don't think it's a big deal as long as you are up front with it. Maybe you should have a brief explanation/warning/whatever you want to call it, somewhere on the site or, only with certain items.

Waiting is usually only a problem when places lead you to believe that they have everything in stock and, you find out the hard way that they don't.

Bernie

What Bernie said.

Looks like to me the wait just comes with the territory. A lot of hard to find items are being requested by forumites.

Mike, this is a significant investment for you (time and money). Just tell me when an item has a wait attached and I'll be a happy customer.

How about one arm bandits? I could use about a dozen. I second the idea of display cases and ditto the small screws and bolts we all need. In addition, how about some good small srewdrivers and Torx drivers in the sizes we all need. And last by not least, how about a set of 1/4 inch bits in straight, phillips , hex and Torx in sizes to fit the most popular knives in one of those little plastic holders like the Leatherman tool adapter comes with so we will always be ready to deal with problems.

phantom4

What about replacement stones for our sharpmakers and lanskys. Replacement rods for the lansky. I like the kit knife idea,
and the idea about knives made by the forum members. Phone cards, like the ones you pay $5 or $10 for. Polo shirts w/ BFC and a persons username embroidered on the front.
BFC honing oil?
smile.gif

PR

------------------
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

Band-Aids with the BF.com logo on them.

Also, I don't recall if anyone has mentioned it already, but perhaps after-market belt pouches in a variety of sizes to fit the popular knives and multi-tools? I know a lot of people have asked for horizontal-carry-capable pouches for this or that multi-tool. You'd help us a ton if you could list along with each size what knives/tools it will be compatible with.

David Rock

[This message has been edited by David Rock (edited 02 March 1999).]

oh oh oh, I got another one, how about aftermarket G-10 scales for the BMs, Spydercos, Kershaws, etc,etc.
just an idea,
prigger

------------------
If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail!

Back