The new ROBO-DOMINATOR

Will Fennell, thank you for all the answers. Darrell Ralph keeps coming out with inovative products. He seams to top himself every year...from frame locks to neck knives to mega folders to d2 to robo mechanism. DDR's designs are incredible. I can't wait for the new robos.

I love the Dominator, at least from the pics. It may end up being my favorite of Darrel's EDC designs -- I didn't like the handles on the CUDA Maxx, and the Dominator has features that should make it more secure and comfortable than the Apogee and EDC's handles. Love the way the flipper looks like it provides good up-front finger protection. I can't tell from the pics -- does the Dominator's blade have a very subtle re-curve, or is it completely straight-edged past the belly?

Like a few others on this string, I dislike assisted openings, and lament the fact that the trend seems to be catching on beyond Kershaw. That said, if the spring on the Dominator is easily user-removeable, it'll be a sure-buy for me, pending in-person examination to see if it fits my rather finicky hands.

Anyone have an idea of how thick the Dominator is (compare to any other common folder, like the BM Axis 710 or whatever). Also, any idea as to weight?

Thanks!

Joe

Joe,
There is no recurve, but I know what you are seeing...the rear of the blade curves OUT, not in, towards the flipper/guard. That gives some illusion of a recurve in the edge.

I don't have the exact wieght, but the knife is about 4-4.5 ozs. I'll try to wiegh one tomorrow.

Width measured from outside of frame to the other side.... .480"

Individual frame thickness[one side] is .160".

Hope this helps.....btw, give this assisted opening mechanism a try before you take the spring out;)

Oh yeah, definitely plan to give the assist mechanism a try! Thanks for the reply Will! I love the design, hope it takes off

why don't they ever make the cool knives with reversible clips and tip up carry? Is it really that hard to drill some extra holes...

Actually, drilling a few extra holes isn't a big issue on one or two knives, but it can add up when your dealing with large production runs. If you'd like your clip relocated, I can do that for you. Let me know.:D

any word on when the dominator will be available?

i pre-ordered but no date was available.

To all those asking where it can be pre-ordered from:

It's on the front page of the 1SKS Site. It's about $160. Just click on The Store at the top of this page.

Ken

Edited to add price and instructions

you can PRE-ORDER CAM-2447 Camillus Dominator at

http://www.1sks.com/store/camillus-dominator.html

but "What is the release date?"

The all-new Darrel Ralph designed Dominator is destined to be the new leader of the tactical knife market. The Dominator combines the best features of current custom tactical folders with its flipper-actuated, assisted opening ROBO mechanism, Titanium frame lock design, and ergonomic handle shape for a sure grip even when wet. The slim Titanium handles are the rugged base for the strongest lock of any knife in its class. The 3.65” S30V clip point blade is perfect for the military or LE user seeking the toughest, fastest tactical folder made.

I think Gibbs said 58-60 rc on the blade!
Im jumping up and down waiting for this knife to come out!

The more I look at the pictures of the Dominator the more I think it may actually replace my tactical EDC - the venerable but very well made Spyderco/Bob T. Starmate. The blade shape, size and handle profiles are remarkably similar (except for the spyder hole of course) but the Dominator's flipper guard looks to be a better guard that the small one built into the Starmate's handles.

I really can't wait for this one!!!

:D

Jon

Originally posted by simple6
new graham was $147 iirc. i have a source for $140 shipped.

Hi,

I haven't seen it at newgraham's website. Can you provide a link?

Also, I would be interested to know where the $140 source is. Kindly send it via PM. Thanks.

Back