The next pre-order?

Nathan the Machinist

KnifeMaker / Machinist / Evil Genius
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
I like to have two pre-orders going at a time so one is ramping up while the other is shipping, and (if we're going to do one) it is probably once again time for our next pre-order.

I'm not gunna lie, I was going to do a ~20" Nottakatana and y'all were going to lose your collective minds because it was going to be another dope-as-hell collaboration but after that K18 I need a break from that. It would have been good because I like to have a large project to run alongside a small project but the only other large project in the works right now would be the kukri but that isn't ready for prime time yet.

I think it's time to take a look at ramping up the DEK2 and the DEK3 and maybe do a re-release of the DEK1 while we're at it. Obviously, we're going to run Delta 3V, and I'm thinking we'll also probably run some Magnacut. Maybe Cruwear too? Idunno. I haven't really optimized either of those yet and I may be putting the cart ahead of the horse.

Whatever we do, I'm going to have materials made for the project so we need to get something on order soon because we're seeing a lot of delays these days and I don't want to be sitting on my hands in six months waiting on materials to arrive.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Yeah, what Meridian Meridian said! I am still waiting on my two UF2 pre-orders which I hear are moving along nicely. Seeing some pop up actually!! Someday mine will arrive and I'll need to be waiting on the next greatest thing!! LOL. So I would love to see what is next. Magnacut!! I'm game.

I love Cruwear, but I’m thinking Magnacut makes Cruwear kinda obsolete…or at least pointless as an alternative choice here. All the Cruwear goodness but more of everything? Unless price is a big driver…

I love Cruwear, but I’m thinking Magnacut makes Cruwear kinda obsolete…or at least pointless as an alternative choice here. All the Cruwear goodness but more of everything? Unless price is a big driver…
I'd like to hear from supreme leader as to what his own destructive testing has shown. It is intriguing...and I say this as a big Cru-Wear fan.

I'm not gunna lie, I was going to do a ~20" Nottakatana and y'all were going to lose your collective minds because it was going to be another dope-as-hell collaboration but after that K18 I need a break from that. It would have been good because I like to have a large project to run alongside a small project but the only other large project in the works right now would be the kukri but that isn't ready for prime time yet.
A Nottakatana is all I want for Christmas!

I was really hoping to see Integral Dagger, Something Shiv-ish and the long anticipated Folder. DEK variants do not exactly warm up my cockles but then again that is because I already own 3 very exquisite and rare DEK1s with possibility of a 4th finding its way to me at some future point ;) During these past 5.5 years with you, I have only missed one preorder (the CC) which at times I regretted but I managed to live without.

Your reasoning for taking on the next preorder makes very good business sense and it will satiate the ever growing CPK posse, it's a good business and economic move. I'll wait for the next "vintage Nathan" in CPM-3V with the Delta magic sauce. I have sold every other fancying and higher $ folder which I had owned but one Military in the anticipation of the CPK-Folder but I do own one of Mark's mammoth folders (in terms of size not material!) with your DNA added onto it. This will get me content till your Folder preorder :)

Very interested, have some stuff lined up on the side to help stir up extra funds for this!

I'd like to see some finalized dek 3 pics maybe a thin grind or hollow grind with no swedge !

Patiently waiting for Nathan's thoughts on magnacut also

Mmmmm Nottakatana

YES
Eta:
If this is a wish list, I would love to see the shiv or a variation of it, make a return. Next would be an 8" HDFK. Then a hunting style knife, then the folder.

Would love to see the DEK1 re-offered along with the new DEK's so I can fancy one up.

Last edited:
Back