The NEXT SALE

Had I been Jim I would not have vacated one spot. That was an honest mistake, and of course you were just trying to be helpful abbydaddy. It's not like we are all sitting around on a big conference call and in constant communication all the time, miscommunication happens. I hope the controversy didn't take the wind out of his sails because the both of you are good folks.

Shark01 Shark01 Jim, if you don't have a D3V HDFK yet (I can't keep up on who has what anymore :D ) I'll let a terotuf one go at cost.

Sorry Dave, I looked at the wrong message and thought it was from Mat. Thanks for the kind gesture Dave.

Next sale question for Nathan- I think. Any chance of a FK in Delta 3v coming up any time soon?

What is the difference between the Delta 3v and your terotuf material? I'm considering an order on that new chopper though it will be for practical use not competition

thanks

Next sale question for Nathan- I think. Any chance of a FK in Delta 3v coming up any time soon?

What is the difference between the Delta 3v and your terotuf material? I'm considering an order on that new chopper though it will be for practical use not competition

thanks

In response to a similar question a couple of days ago - whether there would be a run of the FK this year:

Yes I plan to. It will be a variation of the original without the scraper on the end and perhaps a few tweaks to the geometry but fundamentally the same Field Knife we all know and love. Most likely a Mashed Cat sheath this time around.

D3V is a specially heat-treated version of 3V steel. Terotuf is a handle material.

LOL- I knew that about the Delta - which is why I'm inquiring, whereas I had no clue on the terotuf....

Shows how long I've been away from the forum, yikes!

thank you sir

whereas I had no clue on the terotuf....

Hi waveone. I started a thread asking about terotuf just a week or two ago. A lot of good responses from folks who have used it, might help you decide. Since then I have a HDFK with terotuf and I really like the way it feels. It has just a little amount of what I would describe as 'give' that makes for an excellent grip IMO.

Next sale question for Nathan

What is the difference between the Delta 3v and your terotuf material?

thanks

Delta 3V is a highly martensitic particle metallurgy super steel characterized by a very high ferric percentage for the class of steel and a relatively large volume of ultra fine vanadium carbide that has been heat treated in a way to land in the border between lath and plate martensite formation with an extremely low percentage of stabilized retained austenite and an unusual mix of incredibly small highly cohesive eta carbide that pins the crystalline lattice of the highly homogeneous micro structure leading to a matrix with very high strength and ductility and an unusual amount of abrasion resistance and stain resistance.

TeroTuf is a handle material.

Just for clarification, post in the for sale forum when it opens at 3 with the model/color? Or would you recommend posting something and then amend the post?

Thank you

Just for clarification, post in the for sale forum when it opens at 3 with the model/color? Or would you recommend posting something and then amend the post?

Thank you

Just post as fast as you can and then edit. For politeness it is best to edit as soon as you can (so that other folks don't have to wonder if you were taking a knife or not), but if you type out a long message it will take too long, and I find that even pasting can trip me up, personally. So I just type some quick gobbldygook and then edit.

Delta 3V is a highly martensitic particle metallurgy super steel characterized by a very high ferric percentage for the class of steel and a relatively large volume of ultra fine vanadium carbide that has been heat treated in a way to land in the border between lath and plate martensite formation with an extremely low percentage of stabilized retained austenite and an unusual mix of incredibly small highly cohesive eta carbide that pins the crystalline lattice of the highly homogeneous micro structure leading to a matrix with very high strength and ductility and an unusual amount of abrasion resistance and stain resistance.

TeroTuf is a handle material.
Hmm.... still not sure what the difference is.;)

I might if missed it but when is the next sale?

Its (as per usual) in the first post of this thread.

"20 HDFK in Delta 3V out on the main sale forum, Friday April 13th.

That might be the last of the HDFK until we can do another proper production run of them, which might be a while...

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time."

Its (as per usual) in the first post of this thread.

"20 HDFK in Delta 3V out on the main sale forum, Friday April 13th.

That might be the last of the HDFK until we can do another proper production run of them, which might be a while...

Sales are at 3:00 eastern time."

Thanks

Since we will finish the EDC 2.0 preorder tomorrow (and we started cutting chips on the BC preorder today) we could start another pre-order. If this sale of HDFK on Friday goes quickly and there appears to be unmet demand we may start another pre-order for more HDFK on Friday.

Since we will finish the EDC 2.0 preorder tomorrow (and we started cutting chips on the BC preorder today) we could start another pre-order. If this sale of HDFK on Friday goes quickly and there appears to be unmet demand we may start another pre-order for more HDFK on Friday.

Thank you sir !
I always miss the friday 15:00 sales... I have to pick up my kids in school at that time

Back