The Official Beckers and Booze Thread

Thanks, but that was at the distillery....although they make excellent rum from what I've been told, and tasted - though I'm almost always a beer drinker.

Cool to see the Appleton bottle. I visited the Appleton Estate when I was in Jamaica - 40 years ago. I do remember my grandmother and my dad getting a "tiger in the tank" - fresh coconut with the top lopped off, Appleton rum poured in and a straw. Kinda funny riding through the place on the tour wagon with my dad and his MIL drinking out of coconuts.
Very cool stories. I got to know Dominican rum quite well at my brothers destination wedding.

As I recall, it began "It was a dark and stormy night..."

(I can't help but wonder how few will actually get that, lol)
On a more serious note, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Both are Blackjack BKs, and both are sterile blades with a grey coating. The coating on the Brute is much different, though - smooth & somewhat shiny, looking a lot like paint. I was familiar with the finish on the 2; but surprised by the look of the Brute...enough so that I contacted Bladite to ask about it. He affirmed that, once upon a time, the Blackjacks were finished that way. I'm guessing that it probably isn't pretty underneath, though, since he advised against stripping it.
You answered my question. I'm not very well versed in Becker brands and models that came before Kabar. Thanks for filling me in!

Well I just turned 21 a few weeks back about time I make a contribution here. My brother in law recommend this to me its pretty good it you like fireballs or hot tamales.
photo%201_zpsyg4r4gbg.jpg

Did a search for "Beer" in the Becker sub and this thread was all the way back on page 6!
Who knew beer was so appreciated around here.

Well, had some from a new (to me) brewery last night. Well, this is the second time I tried their wares.

There IPA is one of my favorites style wide. Not overly hoppy and a relatively smooth finish.
Good stuff.

Their "Wee Heavy" isn't photo'd but it was consumed as well, good stuff, but it is indeed a "wee heavy" in the spice note area.

Some of Cincinnati's offerings. Not pictured is Mad Tree Lift which is one of my all time local favorites. Also missing is the Cincinnati BK2 that I haven't found just yet!

0f048714b5073080fe66dd7a16f7317a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No (visable) Becker content is the real party foul.

Let's see what you're drinking in 2013. Alcohol content over 20% only. No weak sauce!

P1050852-800_zps54eb52d1.jpg

P1050858_zps2123e241.jpg

That's a lotta pappy.

I think we've identified someone who like a wheat-heavy mash bill!!!

(me too... and i'm jealous, so now i hate you.. and admire you... i'm conflicted. I need bourbon)

Edit to add: And I just got duped into replying to a post from four years ago.. now i REALLY need bourbon!

I'm no connoisseur of fine spirits, but this stuff was pretty damn good. Actually, I loved it. It was gifted to my father in law. Nice sweet, smoky flavor:

Back