1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The "Official" Fiddleback OFF-TOPIC thread!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, May 9, 2016.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    I feel we have a STRONG community here and want to provide a place for everyone to “Hangout”. This is the thread to talk about anything you would like, It does not have to be Fiddleback related but that is always a good thing!

-If you got a new knife and want to share…..Post It up
    -Just picked up some new gear….Post it up
    -Have some awesome “yoda” tactics like fogdart….Let us know
    -Found the most awesome “doohickey”.....Tell us about it
    -Had a crappy day….Someone can probably relate…

Post up and hopefully this will provide better insight to each of the members here and further the awesomeness of this place ya’ll created.

Here is a new GEC 77 Yankee Jack i received from DLT today.
    [​IMG]

2. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I was looking at that exact GEC today. :D

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    this one was #6

im used to the 25 pattern and this one was a little bigger than i expected

Get you one!

4. Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    I most likely will. I have the #73 liner lock Trapper. Sweet knife. I want one of those slip joints though. :thumbup: I have to say it again, awesome PK. :D

5. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i have this 73
    [​IMG]

and this 74[​IMG]

6. Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    Wow. Those are sweet. I'm slowly building my traditional folder collection. Like, glacier slow. What's the wood on that 74?

7. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    Hot dog a new place for some knife pics I'll be nice lol...

Here's my daily carry pretty much 95% of the time now.

[​IMG]

Resident assistant thread jacker

8. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    those are both cocbolo iirc

i started with fixed blades and then transitioned to slip joints & came back to fixed blades.

now i buy both

9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    those are cool kymedic

whats the northfield?

10. Guhul

Guhul

Oct 30, 2015
    Those Minions keep distracting me from your pretty knives Kymedic....

11. Onedog

Nov 5, 2013
    Is that an EDC Minions cloth?

12. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    its a tactical schemagh

13. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    So this showed up today...

[​IMG]

New pants for my Lil Ness from Mark Condos - my first sheath from Mark but damn, I will for sure be a repeat customer.

14. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2007
    This is a great thread Phil. I predict this will become one of the most popular threads on the forum. :)

This is a Cold Steel Pipe Hawk that I customized for a buddy of mine as a gift. (vinegar dipped, file worked and re-fit the head, sanded,burned then treated the haft, added the 2 cord wraps, sharpened the factory edge) It was a cool project to try. I made some mistakes but I thought it came out pretty good. Yes the chopped pieces in the pic were done with the Hawk. :)

[​IMG]

15. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    this is one of my other hobbies "Pre- Beard"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Georgetown G5 shaving scuttle
    [​IMG]

16. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    Westy, that sheath looks awesome! I really need to get some leather from Mark.

17. MajorD

MajorD Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 2007
    Wow that is nice Matt! That will make a beautiful and functional combo.

18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    westy
    Mark makes incredible sheaths

majorD

thanks. I hope so

can you get a "trail hawk" and make it like that and send me a bill?:D

19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i concur

i have 5 from him and they are excellent

20. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    77 not sure of the name of it

Resident assistant thread jacker