1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The "Official" Fiddleback OFF-TOPIC thread!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, May 9, 2016.

1. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    my "every week razor"

Edwin Jagger DB89L
    [​IMG]

I also have a Muhle R41 but i am afraid of it. Its a ton more aggresive than my DB89L

2. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Thanks guys - I took a few pictures tonight in the dang rain - better pictures will follow once it dries up a bit. Keep an eye out over on the Surls forum for the additional pictures.

Phillip - I'll have to get a pictures of the old Gillette safety razor I found under my bathtub four or five years back when I remodeled it. It's out of the 40's or 50's if I am remembering correctly. I cleaned it up a bit, ordered some blades and put it right to use. It really only see's light duty as I got a beard as well but I use it a few times a week cleaning things up a bit.

3. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    i have some of those too
    [​IMG]

since I grew a beard I have forgotten alot of what I knew

post it up

4. hasco

hasco Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2014
    Very nice!!! His work is exceptional.

5. huang618

huang618

Apr 1, 2015
    Thats very nice westy, love mark's work, beautiful & solid!

6. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    some of the more experienced Users here may remember travel shave kits
    [​IMG]

7. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    What's that silver thing in the bottom of the kit?

8. Kal-El

Kal-El Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 30, 2010
    Recently picked this up from Charles at Suwannee knife. Sweet little keychain kiridashi. I've been using it more than expected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thats the handle
    it screws into the head at the top

they are super short for travel

[​IMG]

10. Onedog

Onedog Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Nice. That's pretty slick. :thumbup:

11. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Here is my setup - the razor was one of the many "1940's-1950's" treasures we found under the tub when we replaced it. Perfume, cologne, razor, blades, kids toys and some other various glass bottles were all under the old cast iron tub.

[​IMG]

12. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    thats cool westy

alot of guys still use Proraso

had too take a break to eat

[​IMG]

13. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    BTW westy

Feathers are known to be some of the sharpest blades around

14. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i don't know Sergio

I think a Mosquito would suit me better

15. _Westy_

_Westy_

Dec 19, 2009
    Damn that looks good!

BBQ & cooking happens to be another one of my "hobbies"...

Little batch of bacon getting ready for the smoker

[​IMG]

Smoke rolling...

[​IMG]

Brisket...

[​IMG]

16. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    That's freaking awesome westy

Nice smoke ring

17. Kymedic45

Kymedic45

Apr 28, 2013
    I'm headed to Westy's to eat. And I couldn't use on of them fancy razors I'd cut my darn throat.

Resident assistant thread jacker

18. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    i havent tackled a brisket yet but when I do im going to use the Black Ops rub

everything i have read says its the one to get

19. VANCE

Mar 13, 2006
    they are far from fancy

the blades cost about .10ea much better than $40 for 4 Mach 3's or whatever they run now

20. Scotcha

Scotcha

Oct 25, 2013
    Sharpening gear
    [​IMG]

Choppaman likes this.