1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The "Official" Fiddleback OFF-TOPIC thread!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by VANCE, May 9, 2016.

1. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak Platinum Member

Aug 26, 2008
    The lady that came to rescue the owl didn't happen to be named Monteen?

2. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    It appears the my IG account has been hacked....Not sure what to do because the IG help/support, ain't helping OR supporting. Perhaps someone or everyone who is in my contacts should be prudent and block and/or report this account...varga49...This SH*T sucks but please be careful and do not accept anything from this account

3. Nbrackett

Nbrackett Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 19, 2015
    My daughters, who are much more technologically advanced than I, told me today that IG had been hacked and a LOT of the accounts had been compromised. This isn’t official, just from my teenage girls.

varga49 likes this.
  4. varga49

May 1, 2016
    I’ll be checking with my teenage granddaughter.... likely your daughters and my granddaughter are far better “in the know”

Nbrackett likes this.
  5. cbach8tw

cbach8tw Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2006
    Has Fiddleback ever thought of using D2 steel or have there been any models made to test it?

6. Lady1911

Lady1911 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2018
    That sucks. Keep us posted. Feels weird to block you, since you were one of the first people I followed. Nothing is sacred anymore. :mad:

varga49 likes this.
  7. NoRest

NoRest Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 27, 2015
    The Instagram problem seems to be fixed.

varga49 and Lady1911 like this.
  8. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    that was very frustrating yesterday....i must have re-booted my phone 10x's trying to get a video posted..finally loaded it this morning go check it out @fiddlebackforge
    lots of Black Ash Burl action

varga49 and NoRest like this.
  9. varga49

May 1, 2016
    After a lapse of time, it turns out FACEBOOK and IG both had something going on, that to a lot of people, including me, interpreted as being hacked... I’ve been able to reclaim my “page”, or whatever it’s called...but it’s left me with an impression I don’t like. That said, it looks as though I’m still a viable IG account holder. I’ll reset my profile picture... etc.

Nbrackett likes this.
  10. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Bump, just looking to see I feel this was ever tried?

11. LucaBazooka917

LucaBazooka917

Aug 1, 2018
    Hey it's Luca.

I have this wood from a Track Rock or two ago that I want to cut a handle from.
    I think it's cactus but not sure.
    Could someone please help me?

Also......

How can I know if it's stabilized or not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Nbrackett likes this.
  12. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    So what do you get when you have a hospital 3 blocks away and new neighbors with a basset hound they tied to a dog house (as close as possible) on the other side of your privacy fence?

An early warning system for ambulances :cool:

The dog hears em way in advance, starts howling, gets the other neighborhood dogs howling and then it gets really fun when you can hear all the dogs plus the ambulance.

13. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    What is Instant Gram ????

Bill:confused:

14. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Instant gram is when your mother becomes a grandma when you adopt a new child. BAM! instant gram. Or when your Grammy is on speed dial....Instant Gram.:D

Nbrackett likes this.
  15. VANCE

VANCE Allen, I have an axe to grind with you. Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 13, 2006
    I dont recall D2 ever being used

16. cbach8tw

Jan 9, 2006
    Thanks, had to ask.

17. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    I thought maybe it was coke dealer on speed dial...

Bill

Nbrackett likes this.