The Parliament Of The Olamic Owls Is Now In Session

Some really beautiful pieces. How are the grinds on them? Thin and slicey or thick behind the edge?

Some really beautiful pieces. How are the grinds on them? Thin and slicey or thick behind the edge?
They are ALL pretty tough blades.
But sharper than an ex-Wife s divorce Attorney!

Seriously though, curious how you went about collecting them, did you commission all of them or is it a constant eye out on the secondary?

Ilya warned me that entropic was not going to stand up to daily carry, but I had no idea that I was going to end up carrying ONLY my Wayfarer for the last few years and the finish is basically gone after just over 2 years.

I'm just waiting for MagnaCut and I'm definitely going to sell whatever I need to so I can get a new one made. No one has seen MagnaCut being used yet?

Trying to find my "before" pics to show the difference, not complaining or anything. The Timascus hasn't held up any better, it's to be expected. I'm sure they would re-ano it but I am just going to get my next one with something more durable.

Attachments

• 20230123_115948.jpg
    20230123_115948.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230123_120010.jpg
    20230123_120010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Have you heard any talk of MagnaCut yet?
I am confident that I will keep using mine so the next one I get I plan on doing whatever I want with, have you had the chance to handle any of the mokume or damascus/mokume?

I have some truly exotic materials for special projects, as soon as I hear about MagnaCut from them, definitely pulling out the stops and getting something spectacular. They listed a Wayfarer in their "invite only" personal stock sale a month or two ago with Wayfarer labeled "Wayfarer Holy Grail" or something similar, but holding out for MagnaCut.

Let me know if you want to commission a ridiculous piece and I will share any materials you want I have, my favorite stuff right now is unthinkably incredible flame grained lace sheoak and some high end meteorite.
This is the sheoak, I had a couple bows and grips made in it, not necessarily putting wood in a Wayfarer, but if you are doing a display might be something you would want to look into. Unlike a lot of the tropical hardwood, there is no environmental damage harvesting sheoak, it's a very common wood in some areas and the figuring is a mutation that can't be bred into the lumber so zero issues harvesting it.

Attachments

• best.JPG
    best.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 3
  • fedora 1 (1).jpg
    fedora 1 (1).jpg
    529.9 KB · Views: 3
  • lace sheoak  blank.jpg
    lace sheoak blank.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 3
My latest:

8RAQSQy.jpg