The Pioneer X = Brilliant!

sa.0.8231.24.CS__56810.1557346925.jpg

I like the Pioneer X so much that I ordered the Cutlery Shoppe exclusive green. This is basically a tool kit in a slim, carryable design. It has everything I want. I cannot wait for it to get here.

I use my other X all the time. I have it in a leather slip of sorts and it stays in my pocket most days (unless I am carrying a Cadet). I always find something that needs just the attention this is made for. I think this is the apex of Victorinox SAKs. It is brilliant.

I really wish SAK's had more models with tweezers and needle built into the handle, possibly the most useful.option to have on a bladed multi tool but it is so uncommon - why???

Nice knife OP.

I really wish SAK's had more models with tweezers and needle built into the handle, possibly the most useful.option to have on a bladed multi tool but it is so uncommon - why???

Nice knife OP.

I do not know but I do know it is possible to do on a metal handle. Leatherman has done it.

Nice knife OP.

I think for all non-alox models, such as 91mm or even 58mm models, do have tweezers/toothpick/needle, since cellidor models do have a liner underneath the plastic scale, making it possible to host T&T and accessories.

The only exception is the Alox models--since the metal scales itself also act as a liner, so unless Vic drilled a perfect square holes in the scales or putting liner under the scale(which is kinda redundant, but LM does it), it probably is difficult/expensive to do.

Syph007 on MTO do offer custom scales that could host the T&T, which is brilliant, but that's entirely a different story.

I think for all non-alox models, such as 91mm or even 58mm models, do have tweezers/toothpick/needle, since cellidor models do have a liner underneath the plastic scale, making it possible to host T&T and accessories.

The only exception is the Alox models--since the metal scales itself also act as a liner, so unless Vic drilled a perfect square holes in the scales or putting liner under the scale(which is kinda redundant, but LM does it), it probably is difficult/expensive to do.

Syph007 on MTO do offer custom scales that could host the T&T, which is brilliant, but that's entirely a different story.

No engineer but toothpick & tweezers doesn't seem like a very complicated thing to incorporate.

If you are out in the forest and get a splinter, the tweezer / toothpick all of a sudden becomes the best thing you ever owned.

I know this from experience.

Nice knife OP.
The Tweezers and toothpick are on almost every SAK ever made. The needle hole is less common but not hard to find or buy, you just need the plus scales version of the SAK being sold.

^^^ This is probably the number one reason why alox SAKs have not gained ground with me. They are great knives but the tweezers are so useful that I gravitate toward a standard SAK almost everytime.

No engineer but toothpick & tweezers doesn't seem like a very complicated thing to incorporate.

If you are out in the forest and get a splinter, the tweezer / toothpick all of a sudden becomes the best thing you ever owned.

I know this from experience.

Or you can keep a safety pin in your wallet. I've taken out a good number of splinters with a safety pin. Tweezers don't work so well if the splinter is broke off under the skin surface.

I carry a Pioneer daily and don’t miss the tweezers or toothpick. I always have a climber close by anyway.

I love Vics, but their tweezers are junk. I have had a pair of Uncle Bill's Sliver Grippers on my keychain for two decades and never lamented that my alox lacks tweezers.
I won’t call them junk, but Swiza definitely includes better tweezers with their knives. More stoutly made, they grab and hold much better, and cut at an angle so you can use the tip to pinch small slivers easier.

image.jpeg Here are two 91mm G Sekai Trekkers with ZDP-189 main blades. The knife on the right has had the wooden scales replaced with glue on Titanium scales that contain tweezers, toothpick, and pen. These scales also fit 91mm SAK's.

Back