The Revenant: Any knife action??

Yep! It's not a "slasher" film by any stretch of the imagination but does have some scenes with knives being used for their intended purpose(s).

Yes I agree with shadowofleaves. I'm not an expert on the subject but they didn't use over the top huge bowies and the like just because they were "frontiersmen". The blades looked like something that would have actually been used.

I loved the movie.

Yes I agree with shadowofleaves. I'm not an expert on the subject but they didn't use over the top huge bowies and the like just because they were "frontiersmen". The blades looked like something that would have actually been used.

I loved the movie.

Couldn't have said it better.

Tom Hardy's character carries a medium sized skinner on his waist, perfectly appropriate for a trapper.

ML Knives used in the movie (these are his photos).

"Skinner": 1095 high carbon steel. Blade size is about 5 1/2″ long. Handle size is about 4 1/4″. Spine/tang is 1/8″ thick.
Movieknivesskinner.jpg

"Spearpoint": 1095 high carbon steel. Blade size is about 4 1/8″. Handle size about 4 1/4″. 1/8″ thick spine/tang.
Movieknivesspearpoint.jpg

Did the leg work for you guys. Looking forward to seeing the movie. I figured there had to be knives in it, just didn't know what they would have looked like.

My dad and are are going to see it, hopefully this week! Looking forward to it, I have heard lots of good things:thumbup:

It's a true grit epic tale
In the traditional sense of the word.
It doesn't feel like atypical hollywood movie
Imo, a beautifully cinematograph story
Of a dark brooding odyssey.
Where there were knife props
Such scenes did not zoom on the knives
So that its details could be clearly made out.
It's as perplexing as trying to remember the
Details of the actors costumed footwear.
Sure there were knives
But in the scale of things
The magnificence was capturing the essence of the wider scheme of things.
Remarkable and haunting to say the least.

"Skinner": 1095 high carbon steel. Blade size is about 5 1/2″ long. Handle size is about 4 1/4″. Spine/tang is 1/8″ thick.
Movieknivesskinner.jpg

"Spearpoint": 1095 high carbon steel. Blade size is about 4 1/8″. Handle size about 4 1/4″. 1/8″ thick spine/tang.

Did the leg work for you guys. Looking forward to seeing the movie. I figured there had to be knives in it, just didn't know what they would have looked like.

Those are both gorgeous...I REALLY like the spear point.

Matt Lesniewski (ML knives) made knives for the movie.

I bumped into him one night out drinking.
Nice guy.
I wanted to have him make sheath for me at some point but now I think I'll have to have a package put together.

Movieknivesskinner.jpg

The Skinner look close but there was a knotch on the blade used near the end.

Go see it on the big screen. Not a fan of Decaprio's leftist politics but he is a great actor. Very good movie.

An Old hickory butchers knife and a cold steel tomahawk came close to what was in the movie.

Planning to see it today. Hopefully have a good shot of Matt's knives, but bet the outdoor scenes are great.

Back