The Rise Of The Baddest Blade In The Land. . . The Anorexic Fusion Battle Mistress!!!. . . . Coming Wednesday, November 2, 2022 At 9:00 pm Eastern!!!

Sorry for not having a quicker update. I've had a crazy & busy week. Just as an update with my situation, UPS did deliver it to the wrong house in my neighborhood. Luckily my neighbor that received it gave it back to UPS and UPS eventually delivered to me a few days later. I'm a very happy man! It's such a great knife! Perfect size and I love the slimmer blade on this Anorexic compared to the original FBM. Surprisingly, this is/was the first Busse or kin knife with the maroon micarta scales and a stonewash blade that I've had, and I love it. Looks great. I'm so, so, so happy it didn't get lost or stolen. I'm looking forward to giving this AFBM some good hard use.

Mine arrived today after getting an email last night from UPS saying it was delayed until Monday, lol. Was pleasantly surprised when I got another email this morning that it was rescheduled back to today again!

Very nice knife, I much prefer this one to my old Fusion Battle Mistress Battle Grade. That ole' pig was just too much knife for me as a smaller statured person and this one is just at the ragged edge of what I'll be interested keeping. I like the new handle contours also.

I was also very happy to see that the edge was ground quite thin on these compared to Battle Mistress of all flavors from years past. This one should perform very well penetration-wise, especially if you wanted to reprofile the edge more acutely for chopping wood.

Father & Son gives this one TWO THUMBS UP!

View attachment 2012853
What's considered thin for busse?
Can you measure bte?
Thanks

My card got dinged on 12/23 and my status still reads Awaiting Shipment. I'm chalking up the delay of a tracking number due to the Holiday's, but wondering if this seems
kind of a long time? I'm by no means whining, it's just that our neighborhood uses mailbox clusters and we have break ins way too often. No tweaker deserves an $800.00 blade,
so figured I'd check with y'all before I start bugging.

Can you measure bte?
Thanks

Per Jerry :

The edge of the new AFBM is a mere .025" thick prior to sharpening! The original FBM edge came in at .035" thick prior to sharpening!

I measured mine to be .031-.033 BTE measuring in multiple spots from heel to tip. It's very consistent along the entire edge and doesn't thicken up at the tip like many other knives do. That is right in line with Jerry's .025 before sharpening statement.

My card got dinged on 12/23 and my status still reads Awaiting Shipment. I'm chalking up the delay of a tracking number due to the Holiday's, but wondering if this seems
kind of a long time? I'm by no means whining, it's just that our neighborhood uses mailbox clusters and we have break ins way too often. No tweaker deserves an $800.00 blade,
so figured I'd check with y'all before I start bugging.
I wouldn't be too worried about the wait as I believe this can be typical. I've seen people report the charge coming through and then receiving their knife about 2 weeks later. That's about what mine was.

Given the holidays, you'll probably get it in the next week or so. But you can also always call Busse directly for a status update. They've always been very helpful.

Can you measure bte?
Thanks

I don't measure typically because it's not critical unless you are chasing a certain level of performance. I will say though that the edge on these is still what I would call invincible at this thickness and I would be shocked if Busse put out something thin enough to allow the primary grind to take damage or blow out. It's easy enough to test your own blades to get a sense for this by getting a pair of calipers and placing them on the blade directly where the primary grind meets the edge bevel. I'd say many of them over the years have been at least .040" thick behind the FACTORY edge bevel. This is important to not because if you lower the edge angle the thickness behind the edge actually increases as that bevel grows wider and climbs higher up the primary grind to thicker steel.

I wouldn't be too worried about the wait as I believe this can be typical. I've seen people report the charge coming through and then receiving their knife about 2 weeks later. That's about what mine was.

Given the holidays, you'll probably get it in the next week or so. But you can also always call Busse directly for a status update. They've always been very helpful.

Thanks for the reply...that's what I was thinking. I'll just sit tight.

Has anyone done any prying with these on logs or tree stumps? I’m wondering how the thin tip holds up.

Has anyone done any prying with these on logs or tree stumps? I’m wondering how the thin tip holds up.
Yes. Light prying on birtch tree trunk and seasoned firewood. However, I do know if I push it too much the tip would likely fail given how thin the geometry is.

I have begun testing the AFBM. I’ll eventually bring it out in the field and do real world testing on trails and in woods. Will document and give a review.

This knife bevel is thinner than any other battle mistress. I am a little cautious. However, this thing chops extremely well and bites into wood fantastic. The edge almost seems to have gotten sharper after using. I’m impressed so far.

C1527F1C-73B8-48C0-8EA8-DC33FBF18829.jpegE1320CE6-3DA7-4E8D-B8AE-5AD6F9D78399.jpeg

Back