The " Roosters " are crowing for the " Farmers"

jLZNOhj.jpg

The Jigged Bone version is on constant standby whereas the Ivory Bone is a store and adore subject :cool:

For me, the 38 is the best pattern GEC has made, versatile it is in all its forms.

VGcuFRr.jpg
I think it’s form is the classiest of classic pocket knives. The symmetry of a well ground pruning blade is professional artistry.

1641658012233.jpeg

Here’s my set of all of the GEC made farmer’s jacks, model number 383215. The pick bone lick creek is my favorite, and one that is in my pocket just about everyday. The two Tidioute micarta ones are users as well, but since acquiring the pick bone they mostly stay in the collection box. I’ve got a couple of old print trays I need to modify a bit to make a wall hanging display for these and some of my other favorite GEC’s.

Lick Creek SFO for Lyle Fry
1 - Old Smooth Ivory Bone No Shield SFO (1 of 5 or 6, not listed in totals)
2 - Antique Yellow Pick Bone (1 of 67)
3 - Gabon Ebony (1 of 64)
4 - Old Smooth Ivory Bone (1 of 54)

Orchard Gem SFO for Charlie Campagna
5 - Antique Amber Pick Bone (1 of 67)
6 - African Blackwood (1 of 64)
7 - Cranberry Pick Bone (1 of 68)

SFO Derrick Bohn
8 - Black Camel Bone (1 of 5)
9 - Brown Camel Bone (1 of 48)

Regular Run Tidioute
10 - Jigged Brazilian Cherry Wood (1 of 73)
11 - Dusk Blue Jigged Bone (1 of 99)
12 - Maroon Linen Micarta (1 of 99)
13 - OD Green Linen Micarta (1 of 97)

Congratulations.
Of GEC’s , I believe that’s all of them, two more individual knives than I have. I never got a black camel bone or one of the smooth ivories I had made without the shield. The smooth ivories were to be scrimshawed and scratted ; ancient history now.

Congratulations.
Of GEC’s , I believe that’s all of them, two more individual knives than I have. I never got a black camel bone or one of the smooth ivories I had made without the shield. The smooth ivories were to be scrimshawed and scratted ; ancient history now.
Thanks!

Interestingly enough, one of shieldless white ones is marked as a “2” knife. The gentleman I got it from said that he acquired it directly from you at a knife show years ago. I wonder if some of them escaped as 2nds unknowingly?

Montepulciano d'Abruzzo!!🍷View attachment 1576451

View attachment 1716941

Here’s my set of all of the GEC made farmer’s jacks, model number 383215. The pick bone lick creek is my favorite, and one that is in my pocket just about everyday. The two Tidioute micarta ones are users as well, but since acquiring the pick bone they mostly stay in the collection box. I’ve got a couple of old print trays I need to modify a bit to make a wall hanging display for these and some of my other favorite GEC’s.

SFO Derrick Bohn

Regular Run Tidioute

Thanks!

Interestingly enough, one of shieldless white ones is marked as a “2” knife. The gentleman I got it from said that he acquired it directly from you at a knife show years ago. I wonder if some of them escaped as 2nds unknowingly?
Don’t understand the 2. I asked Bill to leave off the shield on 5 or 6 ( for the purpose stated. neither he or I could remember the exact number , that’s the numbers you quoted). I wouldn’t think it could have had a 2, as I paid for all good knives.
What show, and who was that gentleman?

View attachment 1716941

SFO Derrick Bohn

Regular Run Tidioute
What a wonderful, complete collection, Fuzzy!! 😲

View attachment 1716941

SFO Derrick Bohn

Regular Run Tidioute
Impressive collection FuzzyH0bbit FuzzyH0bbit , I was hopping GEC would roll out some Farmer Jacks last year with the 38 run.

Impressive collection FuzzyH0bbit FuzzyH0bbit , I was hopping GEC would roll out some Farmer Jacks last year with the 38 run.
So was I, then I realized I’d have more to chase to keep my set complete, so I was a little relieved. Love the english whittler they did though.

Here’s a closer shot of my favorite user 38 along with its ebony brother and another all time favorite carry GEC.

1641697433854.png

Last edited:
Back