The Science Behind The "Light Brigade" Series. . . . . (Cool Pics)

Awesome pics and work!!! Is all the work done on a computer controlled mill? Or is it done the old fashion way?

Awesome pics and work!!! Is all the work done on a computer controlled mill? Or is it done the old fashion way?

These are done with a CNC router. I'd hate to think of the turnaround time for one of these done by hand...

In case you're interested how I know, I asked about getting the Light Brigade treatment on a custom NMFBM. Garth said that it wasn't feasible because he'd have to make a whole new program for the CNC machine just for one knife.

WOW!

looks awesome- but how does it balance?

I'm wondering about what happens when water gets behind the slabs as well? Are the slabs gonna be sealed some how or a drain hole put in?

I know it's been a while since the last post on this subject, but I've just ordered a TGLB and would love to know the answers to the questions from Demonic.

Also any comments from anyone who owns one of these now would be great.

I know it's been a while since the last post on this subject, but I've just ordered a TGLB and would love to know the answers to the questions from Demonic.

Also any comments from anyone who owns one of these now would be great.

It's sealed and there are no balance issues. It's currently my favorite blade of this size and I'm fairly certain you will not be disappointed.

That's very cool Jerry. Does the handle inset into the cutout handle area rather than sit flat on the slab? I would think that would greatly reduce the likelihood of the handle getting knocked off and the pins getting bent.

Man, now I need to order another one :D!

Thanks Jerry!

That's very cool Jerry. Does the handle inset into the cutout handle area rather than sit flat on the slab? I would think that would greatly reduce the likelihood of the handle getting knocked off and the pins getting bent.

Man, now I need to order another one :D!

Thanks Jerry!

That's a very good, cool idea, but they don't do that from the pictures of deconstructed TGLB I've seen.

I've got to bring this thread back and find out how everyone is liking their TGLBS!? Is the light brigade version everything that you expected and more?! How does it compare to the original? And how stinkin cool is it that Daryl Dixon has one. :thumbup:

I've got to bring this thread back and find out how everyone is liking their TGLBS!? Is the light brigade version everything that you expected and more?! How does it compare to the original? And how stinkin cool is it that Daryl Dixon has one. :thumbup:

I don't have one :grumpy: If you would like a review, feel free to send me one. You have my shipping info on file....;)

I think I posted about mine in the past but to me it certainly lived up to my expectations and then some. It just feels great in the hand, very light and balanced and came with the best edge of any of my Busse knives.

Well I don't have an original to compare it to, well not yet lol. But I do have some TGLB's and really like them a lot. One I have that's muddy with Black canvas is waiting on Chuddy Bear leather pants and then it's off to the wood's :D
Great knife !!!!!!!! May even purchase another :thumbup::)

I had a original and the tglb at the same time the light brigade version is much quicker in the hand and cuts better. Easier to sharpen as well as the original was really thick at the edge. I liked the new version so much I got one for my daughter as well.

I have two original TGs and four TGLBs...what can I say, my favorite Busse design ever :)

That being said I really like my CF TGLB, very lively and fast in the hand...but there is just something about the TG and that full slab of INFI under the handle scales that just calls to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two original TGs and four TGLBs...what can I say, my favorite Busse design ever :)

Damn Carl you found 2 originals? Nice, hang on to those. They're going to be pretty damn rare

i really wanta see the pics of inner-tang shape of ASHBM:D

It's not the same LB treatment as used on the TGLB, Jerry posted they were using through holes.

Anniversary SHBM notes. . . .

We did a slight modification to the Light Brigade treatment on this model. Instead of the web design like the Team Gemini we used simple through holes to achieve some really awesome balance. All corners are rounded for comfort and impact resistance.:thumbup:

That is all. . . .

Prepare for war!:eek:

Jerry:D

Last edited:
It's not the same LB treatment as used on the TGLB, Jerry posted they were using through holes.

thank you ,i had read it before , but can't imagine that the conture of the holes . I am hesitating whether I shall buy one:D

I had a original and the tglb at the same time the light brigade version is much quicker in the hand and cuts better. Easier to sharpen as well as the original was really thick at the edge. I liked the new version so much I got one for my daughter as well.

That is awesome, I bet she was a happy camper!

Back