The Simple #74 from GEC!!

Cbr1000 I don’t really know. I just loved the color and wanted to secure a good one. They are nice

Last edited:
I've found myself reminiscing over the 74 recently and this thread has only stoked that fire, so to speak. I've only had one and I let myself trade it away awhile back and have often found myself missing it as of late.

I think this is the last pic I took of if, it really has some stellar Ebony.

WHuQW30.jpg

I have two 74's and they are both safe queens I would say. They are both something special, in my opinion :)

I was fortunate (and quick) enough to grab the SFO from the exchange recently...I confirmed with Frank there were less than 30 made plus a few seconds. This SFO is not listed in the production totals but the regular NF version is.
EDIT: dangit...not sure if I am allowed to post pics of this SFO or not? Pulling the pics until I find out.

And this crazy, slicy, dicy, magnificent beast is a mint version of the 2015 Rendezvous knife.
GEC_74_rendezvous.jpg

I have two 74's and they are both safe queens I would say. They are both something special, in my opinion :)

I was fortunate (and quick) enough to grab the SFO from the exchange recently...I confirmed with Frank there were less than 30 made plus a few seconds. This SFO is not listed in the production totals but the regular NF version is.
View attachment 1295294
View attachment 1295295
View attachment 1295296
And this crazy, slicy, dicy, magnificent beast is a mint version of the 2015 Rendezvous knife.
View attachment 1295297

I saw you snag that lovely red SFO. Both of those 74s are super sweet Darren.

I saw you snag that lovely red SFO. Both of those 74s are super sweet Darren.
Thanks! I just pulled the pics out of my post though because it occurred to me that I may not be allowed to post that SFO :(

Thanks! I just pulled the pics out of my post though because it occurred to me that I may not be allowed to post that SFO :(
Well folks can go hunting on the exchange for the pictures because it wasn't that long ago. What do you think of the straighter clip as opposed to the more aggressive down-angled clips of newer GECs?

Well folks can go hunting on the exchange for the pictures because it wasn't that long ago. What do you think of the straighter clip as opposed to the more aggressive down-angled clips of newer GECs?
I like them both I think...big fan of clip blades in general :thumbsup: I may lean towards the more aggressive version though :)

GEC is hinting on their web-sight that a #74 is down the road. I would love to have one in green tea bone. No #74s in my collection yet , I always try to buy one of each that I like.

GEC is hinting on their web-sight that a #74 is down the road. I would love to have one in green tea bone. No #74s in my collection yet , I always try to buy one of each that I like.
That'd be great. The #74 and the #78 are my favorite GEC patterns for a trapper/jack knife. While I prefer the looks of the Stallion to the Mustang, there is so little of the blade sitting above the blade well when closed on the Mustang that it makes for a really nice carry in the pocket.

Back