The Spyderco Pochi is adorable

I’m only looking at 2, maybe 3, knives from this volume, but the next page made me do a 180 on the Pochi. It’s so cute and giddy that I’m thinking about picking one up simply to show to people. Hell, I’m considering EDCing it as a backup or keychain blade that will be sure to put a smile on my face every time I deploy it.
Well... maybe Ti and S45vn would be overkill for a keychain knife...

I’m only looking at 2, maybe 3, knives from this volume, but the next page made me do a 180 on the Pochi. It’s so cute and giddy that I’m thinking about picking one up simply to show to people. Hell, I’m considering EDCing it as a backup or keychain blade that will be sure to put a smile on my face every time I deploy it.
Well... maybe Ti and S45vn would be overkill for a keychain knife...

I know, right? I'm heavily considering one, too, just because it seems so tiny and handy. If the price is right, we shall see!

My bad it's actually $189. I forgot MAP changed from 35% to 30%

LOL! I didn't do the math right initially and corrected it based on your prior post and now will have to do so again but the point of my initial post remains the same. Didn't realize they changed their MAP. So thanks for that info too!

Last edited:
So... is the Pochi actually a flipper, or is that just aesthetic? And what's the function of the tail part?

The Canis... would be a must buy if waved, but not, so...

I can only speculate, but I'd imagine that it is a flipper, as it seems that'd be a good way to deploy the "tail" simultaneously? I'm not sure.
The tail may be there in order to give your pinky something to land on for such a small knife. Or it could be purely to make the thing look like a dog.

EDIT: Upon further reading, the designer specializes in making tools look like animals, and that this knife is primarily designed to look like a small dog, leading me to think that the tail is purely aesthetic, and probably doesn't flip out automatically.

I can only speculate, but I'd imagine that it is a flipper, as it seems that'd be a good way to deploy the "tail" simultaneously? I'm not sure.
The tail may be there in order to give your pinky something to land on for such a small knife. Or it could be purely to make the thing look like a dog.

EDIT: Upon further reading, the designer specializes in making tools look like animals, and that this knife is primarily designed to look like a small dog, leading me to think that the tail is purely aesthetic, and probably doesn't flip out automatically.

I imagine it'd be kind of inconvenient if it just kind of flops around when the knife is closed, though.

Back