The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

I'm not suggesting we give up hope , but if Mr Brownstone is still MIA in a couple of weeks I have a distant cousin of his that is more than happy to jump into the role of international Delica ambassador ( I live in Australia , and maybe other Aussies could host him for a few days before he heads overseas to the USA or Europe ? ) and allow this wonderful thread to grow .
He is a bit of an oddball because he has the burnt Orange scales of a Hap40 sprint Delica , but the standard VG10 blade .

He could be called into action at a days notice if required .

Ken

Ken--that's very kind of you to offer--there are actually a couple of Aussie's on the wait-list!
Let me try and get a hold of Mr. Beans for another day or two and then we can discuss the next option.

I agree with you--I don't want the thread to die!

Ken--that's very kind of you to offer--there are actually a couple of Aussie's on the wait-list!
Let me try and get a hold of Mr. Beans for another day or two and then we can discuss the next option.

I agree with you--I don't want the thread to die!

Ken. . . After further attempts, still no word from Mr. Beans. Let's get your Delica out in the world as a substitute for Mr. Brownstone! If Mr. Beans re-surfaces with Mr. B we can put him back out in the wild.

Shoot me an email at mostmenareruthless AT gmail.com and I will get you the address of the next person in line. Thanks!!

Reactions: 353
No worries .
I'll send an email soon .
I might take it to work with me next week to compile my own little post of his life here before it gets packed up and mailed .
What will he be called ?
Mr Brownstone # 2 ?

Ken
Ken. . . After further attempts, still no word from Mr. Beans. Let's get your Delica out in the world as a substitute for Mr. Brownstone! If Mr. Beans re-surfaces with Mr. B we can put him back out in the wild.

Shoot me an email at mostmenareruthless AT gmail.com and I will get you the address of the next person in line. Thanks!!

So it begins .

Just sent the email , and went and dug #2 out of his resting place .
Just to give a little history to #2 .
He was born recently when his parents ( father was a Hap40 , mother was a Grey VG10 ) got together .
The sad truth was that his twin brother was favored because he had the attributes I was looking for ( Hap40 blade - Grey scales ) and #2 was put away and forgotten about .
But in a crazy twist of fate it looks like #2 will become more famous than his handsome rockstar brother .
The first thing that was required to do was to find a pocket clip , because up until now #2 has been running around naked .
So after scrounging around in my " box of bits " he now has a new black clip ( the Burnt Orange Delica originally came out with a polished clip so the black may look a bit unusual to those with some Delica knowledge )

I'll update each day if I can and by the end of the week he will be on his way to another Australian member .

Ken

Super cool of you todo this hope mr. Brownstone pops back up and I hope mr bean is well. And comes back here soon

Just discovered this thread, great idea! I too hope the original gets back into circulation and am glad to see this thread live on. I'm actually going to be receiving my first ever Delica from a forum member next week hopefully, and this thread is getting me even more excited!

First day of carrying #2 .

It's Sunday afternoon - early evening here in Australia and #2 has been my companion for a day now .

Opening up some packaging .

Helping fix the exhaust on my Ute ( pickup )

Feeding time at the Zoo .

One of the most important jobs a knife can do , pencil sharpening .

4.00 am start tomorrow for a week away from home working , so will see what #2 gets up to at work this week .

Ken

Sounds like the ball is rollin' on #2. However, I think we must come up with a more clever name than "#2." I think Mr. Harronek has earned the naming rights to this new phase in the Traveling Delica thread, but I would ask to name it something considerably Australian like "The Kuttin Kangaroo" or the "DUD (Down Under Delica)." Just a couple silly ideas. . ..

Sounds like the ball is rollin' on #2. However, I think we must come up with a more clever name than "#2." I think Mr. Harronek has earned the naming rights to this new phase in the Traveling Delica thread, but I would ask to name it something considerably Australian like "The Kuttin Kangaroo" or the "DUD (Down Under Delica)." Just a couple silly ideas. . ..

Its been a hectic couple of days so far at work , and taking pics is often hard to do when your mind is concentrating on things , but I am compiling a few pics that I will post at the end of the week before #2 gets transfered to a new host .

To be honest , Ive personally been calling #2 ...... Bluey .
Here in OZ it is a nickname given to redheaded blokes and is widely used , understood and recognised .
Because #2 is Burnt Orange it was only natural that he got called " Bluey "
I have copied this from the interweb to explain .

" The nickname Bluey originated in the 1890s and was used as a nickname throughout World War One to refer to red-haired soldiers of the Australian Imperial Force . During the Second World War, nearly every redhead was nicknamed Bluey, and it spread to civilian life.

The name is ironic, and it seems red-haired men didn't mind it, compared to the usual ginger or red nicknames that are often derogatory. "

So if its my choice then #2 is now officially

" Bluey "

Ken

Mid week update ,

Tuesday morning food of champions breakfast .

Tuesday night afterwork ( 4 Beers Deep ) Richy and Chucky meeting Bluey for the first time ( see how everyone has a " Y " added to the end of their name ) .

Wednesday ,

Knocked over a few problem trees .

Then had to travel 170km ( just over 100 miles ) to another job on red dirt as we call it here .

Believe me its not gravel , and the dust is extraordinary

Ken

Its been a hectic week and I dont really have any more pics of Bluey's travels , but he has been my companion for the whole time .

Sadly its time to set him free .

So he quickly got a touch up on the Sharpmaker

Then he had a bath where he got scrubbed and cleaned with detergent ( he got quite dirty last week and was looking a bit secondhand ) , that was followed by a squirt of Lanox to keep him looking young and vibrant .

Then into his bed for the trip to South Australia where he will be visiting Lou7

See you later Bluey , have fun .

Ken

Bluey survived his journey to South Australia from the Northern part of the country and immediately wanted to catch some rays.

Here he is meeting one of the locals, Kookaburra.
ap231es.jpg

Next up Bluey eagerly accepted the invitation to help prune back the canna lilies.
ptN58rw.jpg

He also helped chop them into the compost bin.
urGXBJR.jpg

A little leisure time is planned for him to join the family on an outing over the weekend, although Bluey may be actively involved with other chores before then.

Back