The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

I agree with uxo2, it’s ultimately your call.

In my opinion, I’d try to revive it. I know many people enjoyed the traveling Delicas, but I’m sure at least a handful more haven’t gotten the chance to host one and would have enjoyed trying out a delica for a short time. That being said, I don’t own a delica so sadly I can’t donate to the thread. Let’s hope Cam finds his way back

This has been one of the best ongoing threads on BFC since I joined.

I love seeing different parts of the world through a pass around. I really enjoyed sharing a bit of my life and San Diego with BFC (and of course with CAM, hahaha).

I’ve since moved to a new city and was hoping to share again, once I get acquainted with my new town.

MostMenAreRuthless MostMenAreRuthless , thanks for your efforts keeping this going! If it’s become tedious, maybe another member might volunteer to assume stewardship?

As a side note, it’s hard for me to believe someone hosting Cam with the intention of scoring a free, heavily used Delica. OTOH, I can easily see how “life” might “happen,” rendering followthrough a low priority in the greater scheme of things. (Not justifying that...just say’n it.)

As a side note, it’s hard for me to believe someone hosting Cam with the intention of scoring a free, heavily used Delica. OTOH, I can easily see how “life” might “happen,” rendering followthrough a low priority in the greater scheme of things. (Not justifying that...just say’n it.)

I was thinking the same thing.

Maybe something happened to Mississippi
and that's why there is no response.
He is in a area where shtf on a daily basis.

BF is low priority.

But why volunteer to host if you're going to ghost everyone.

Last edited:
Over 70,000 views over a 3 year run. It's been fun, but maybe it's time to shut er down?

Your thread
Your call.

I agree with uxo2, it’s ultimately your call.

In my opinion, I’d try to revive it. I know many people enjoyed the traveling Delicas, but I’m sure at least a handful more haven’t gotten the chance to host one and would have enjoyed trying out a delica for a short time. That being said, I don’t own a delica so sadly I can’t donate to the thread. Let’s hope Cam finds his way back

This has been one of the best ongoing threads on BFC since I joined.

I love seeing different parts of the world through a pass around. I really enjoyed sharing a bit of my life and San Diego with BFC (and of course with CAM, hahaha).

I’ve since moved to a new city and was hoping to share again, once I get acquainted with my new town.

MostMenAreRuthless MostMenAreRuthless , thanks for your efforts keeping this going! If it’s become tedious, maybe another member might volunteer to assume stewardship?

I wouldn’t blame you for not wanting to continue as the disappearances are frustrating. If you decide to keep going, I’ve got an orange delica that I can donate.

I'm an OG in this thread and hosted Mr. Brownstone way back when. Here he is with my newborn son while he was still in the NICU:

20161017-180626.jpg

Here's that little guy now:

20190608-204212.jpg

Excuse the blurry pic. The lens was dirty and the iso was way up as it was getting dark. He's huge and doing fine despite his rocky start. (Born 10 weeks premature)

He'll eventually inherit a Delica of his own:

IMG-20180505-180846-813.jpg

That shield has his birth date and the Duncan clan motto engraved in it courtesy of @BOOMER52. Truth be told that knife was intended for my wife, but she prefers a smaller model.

I say we keep it running. I don't have a spare Delica to donate, but I do have a Caly Jr. Superblue that could take up the travels.

No Delica here. I had a blue handled VG10 delica with the ffg blade. I went on vacation to the beach, and put It some where safe.... I'm sure I'll find that safe spot evenutally!!!!

It's been 3 years already. Must have some safe spot to hide that long!!!

I would be more than willing to offer a donation towards a new traveling Delica! Is anyone else with me?

Gents. . . Thanks for your replies and interest in the thread.
3 357snubnose --thanks for offering to provide a replacement. Let's stay in touch when a decision has been made.

BD_01 BD_01 --great to hear that this thread has been enjoyed so much!

uxo2 uxo2 --thanks for your support in the thread and for posting in the GBU. I agree it's likely just a low priority and I also agree with your question of why do it only to not follow-through? (Also, I sent you an email)

Petunia D. Feeble Petunia D. Feeble --cute kid! That's amazing how much he has grown! That helps put it into context of how long this thread has been running!

aVyD aVyD --generous to offer!

Daedric Panther Daedric Panther --also generous to offer!

Hey, guys, I'm still here. I apologize for being incommunicado. We got a little busy over the last month because we lost a bunch of guys to other jobs, issues back home, tired of the job, etc. I did manage to get some pics of my last trip to one of our venues out in the city.

Waiting for the bird to show up
2uZJ7gq.jpg

Local national food at venue
JZV6iEE.jpg

After work.
Xvp6HIy.jpg

Our internet depends on whether the IT guys feel like keeping it running, so we lose ability to load pages or move from one spot on the net to another. Many times, I can go to a page, then it just quits working. yesterday, the internet service was in two to five minute increments, all day long.

I have included a couple of items in the original box Cam arrived in, so whoever is ready to go on some adventures with this little guy, let me know and I'll get it packed up and mailed on my next MWR trip to the Embassy.

Carrying this little guy every day has got me wanting to grab a Zome Green Delica to go with my ZG Endura. I get a lot of looks at dinner chow, especially if we're having goat/camel chops or whatever creature they're serving as steaks, because instead of using the crappy plastic "cutlery" on these tough, overcooked cuts of meat, I use Cam to make neat slices out of these culinary horrors.

The edge has held up quite well, and I've only had to touch it up a couple of strokes or so with my extra-fine DMT diafold. Packing materials, tape, cord, various food items and anything else that desperately needs cutting have all fallen victim to Cam over here. I've noticed a lot of guys carry much higher end knives, like Microtechs and others, but they hardly ever seem to use them for anything, which would seem to defeat the purpose of carrying it in the first place.

My comments about the food might seem a bit ridiculous, but right after I got here in January, I was walking through a passageway near the dining facility, and a guy came from the opposite direction, pushing a paint-spattered wheelbarrow with a frozen pig in it, wrapped in cellophane. It actually had "PIG" written in magic marker on the side, with a date. I wish to hell I'd gotten a picture of that before he trundled off with it.

uxo2 uxo2 --thanks for your support in the thread and for posting in the GBU. I agree it's likely just a low priority and I also agree with your question of why do it only to not follow-through? (Also, I sent you an email)

Glad to see your back and you are in good health
I did not think you were a case of making Cam keeper.

No email received.

Thanks! Good to be back!

Way off-topic, but if any of you guys ever have an occasion to score an Amalgam, I highly recommend it! I've been toting mine since February, and it's a helluva nice blade. It's so light that you'll forget it's there, and the handle contours are really well done.

Our internet depends on whether the IT guys feel like keeping it running, so we lose ability to load pages or move from one spot on the net to another. Many times, I can go to a page, then it just quits working. yesterday, the internet service was in two to five minute increments, all day long.

I have included a couple of items in the original box Cam arrived in, so whoever is ready to go on some adventures with this little guy, let me know and I'll get it packed up and mailed on my next MWR trip to the Embassy.
Glad to see you are doing OK.

Back