The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misplaced Hillbilly

Gold Member
Your idea is patently ridiculous... and frankly I'd be all for it. I have a Whaler, and I laugh every time I open it, so a BF run of those would definitely be good times ahead.

every time I snap mine open I automatically think, this thing is awesome.
I have a Case elephant toe/spatula. Awhile back a friend asked me to trim a thread from her shirt, I said "I gotta little pen knife perfect for that" it just so happened I had the elephant toe in my pocket. The look on her face was priceless :D

Sacto

Basic Member
Since they are tooled up for the 85 at GEC maybe we could get a Tidioute trim spear and coping blade in a shadow pattern??

oh well. Now we wait till Charlie can call Bill.
I think they’ve already moved on to the 38s, but I could definitely get excited about a shadow pattern.

cudgee

Gold Member
EzOYLeq.jpg

SEtAw0V.jpg

To paraphrase a popular saying, "flippers are gonna flip" As you can see flipping is the last thing on my mind with mine lol. In fact this is one of my all time favorite knives period. It just looks like something someone in 1903 would pull from their pocket, and I love that. But if anyone is really worried about flippers, serialize the knives. Whoever places the first order gets 001 and so forth. Then when one pops up for an extremely exaggerated price it will be obvious who is selling it. I have absolutely no problem with someone selling theirs if they legitimately need the money, life happens and it could be a real help to someone. But I don't care or worry about flippers, like has already been pointed out thats a small enough number as to be irrelevant imo.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. Glad to see how much passion you have for your knife, is just so good seeing it being put to what it is supposed to do-WORK. It does look like a 1903 tool that someone would pull from their pocket, all scratched up, hand worn grimy and patina'd up. Love it.:cool::cool::cool::).

a 50-tool Swiss Army knife. With regard to special feature(s), it can:
1. be evenly separated by a fat pin, with one half having a fold-out spoon while the other a fold-out fork, or
2. have hygene-related features like a straight razor, various tweezers, even a sharp lancet that can be sterilized, or
3. this may be offensive but how about an Alcatraz special? It will feature useful items for, you guessed it, breaking out of the federal coop.

Will Power

Gold Member
More musings to fill the void ;)

ACTUAL USERS The ones I use and like a lot are the 2014 Stag Clip, the 2018 Elk 2 blade Buck and the 2020 Viper Ram's Horn Wharncliffe. The similarities? Er, er they look attractive, they move me and they have scales made of animal head protuberances :D

The other Forum Knives I still own 2008, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 I like a lot too but they don't get the use. Recently cleaned up the 2011 it's near mint but I don't carry it yet it spawned the whole 85 pattern which is currently on a re-issue :cool:

t.willy

Gold Member
a 50-tool Swiss Army knife. With regard to special feature(s), it can:
1. be evenly separated by a fat pin, with one half having a fold-out spoon while the other a fold-out fork, or
2. have hygene-related features like a straight razor, various tweezers, even a sharp lancet that can be sterilized, or
3. this may be offensive but how about an Alcatraz special? It will feature useful items for, you guessed it, breaking out of the federal coop.

I could of used one back in 05 but I've since done my time and I plan on staying this side of the Big House for the rest of my days. So I for one won't be needing any Brake Out S.A.K. no how no way.:eek::D:rolleyes:

Greetings all!

It is time, once again, to have a non-binding, unofficial discussion that carries no weight, about the possibility of a 2021 Bladeforum traditional knife.

I will start the thread by proposing that either 1) GEC make us a mini-trapper pattern with either red jig bone covers or osage orange wood covers, or, 2) Buck make us a full flat grind 105 or 103 pattern in S45VN, with ironwood handles and brown leather sheath.

Since my ideas are so good, a simple “yes, those are the two best ideas ever” can be posted as a show of moral support and moral superiority.

It is also acceptable to submit other ideas for a 2021 forum knife, to complain that we are starting too early, starting too late, that you will never ever buy a certain style of knife, that GEC won’t do it, Buck won’t do it, the forum owner will have flashbacks and refuse to do it, that a dealer will never step up, or that Covid makes the whole thing logistically impossible, or even that you already have all the knives you need so a forum knife is pointless to you.

What is your opinion?!
Yes to the 103.

Status
Not open for further replies.