The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramrodmb

Gold Member
If under 5% of forum knives end up being flipped, I'd count that as a success. No need to spend energy trying to solve the remaining % amount. 95/100 is an A in my book.
Agreed. With such a small number of them actually being flipped for a profit, it's always curious to me why it seems to dominate the conversation.
The vast majority of us are grateful and just enjoy them as a very nice forum knife. Some even get carried and used!:D
Wc4gs6s.jpg

auw97hh.jpg

BtirKED.jpg

afishhunter

Gold Member
Please don't be discouraged if someone stomps on your idea, that usually means it is a good and valid one. Bad or unpopular ideas usually die on the vine, if someone thinks your idea should be suppressed, it's probably because they think it might get alot of support and they want to prevent that from happening.
No danger of that. :D

I know that my "ideal" or "dream" knives would garner little to no support among the masses: Multi Blade, "Too Big"/Too "Heavy", etc.
(A 3 spring 5 to 5.5 inch closed Sunfish/ Whaler/Elephant Toe/Pocket Axe/ Emergency Spatula/Rope Knife, (or whichever of the 75 plus names it goes by that you prefer), with either 5160, 52100, 10xx, or 440C FFG Spear Point Primary, full size Lambsfoot or Sheepsfoot secondary blade, with a Robeson style punch/awl, and/or a screwdriver/cap lifter on the 3rd spring, one piece color case hardened steel bolsters and liners, brass or bronze pins, and checkered walnut or tiger stripe maple covers (no doubt WW2 bomber nose art pinup girls would be "offensive" to some, and is probably not "Politically Correct" or "family friendly", anyway), with no shield, for example.) so I keep quiet. :D

Last edited:

Misplaced Hillbilly

Gold Member
TtI7mz9.jpg

EzOYLeq.jpg

SEtAw0V.jpg

To paraphrase a popular saying, "flippers are gonna flip" As you can see flipping is the last thing on my mind with mine lol. In fact this is one of my all time favorite knives period. It just looks like something someone in 1903 would pull from their pocket, and I love that. But if anyone is really worried about flippers, serialize the knives. Whoever places the first order gets 001 and so forth. Then when one pops up for an extremely exaggerated price it will be obvious who is selling it. I have absolutely no problem with someone selling theirs if they legitimately need the money, life happens and it could be a real help to someone. But I don't care or worry about flippers, like has already been pointed out thats a small enough number as to be irrelevant imo.

FLymon

Gold Member

I know that my "ideal" or "dream" knives would garner little to no support among the masses: Multi Blade, "Too Big"/Too "Heavy", etc.
(A 3 spring 5 to 5.5 inch closed Sunfish/ Whaler/Elephant Toe/Pocket Axe/ Emergency Spatula/Rope Knife, (or whichever of the 75 plus names it goes by that you prefer), with either 5160, 52100, 10xx, or 440C FFG Spear Point Primary, full size Lambsfoot or Sheepsfoot secondary blade, with a Robeson punch/awl, or a screwdriver/cap lifter 3rd blade, one piece color case hardened steel bolsters and liners, brass or bronze pins, and checkered walnut or tiger stripe maple covers, and no shield, for example.) so I keep quiet. :D

I'm in for 2! :)

LastRodeo

Platinum Member

(A 3 spring 5 to 5.5 inch closed Sunfish/ Whaler/Elephant Toe/Pocket Axe/ Emergency Spatula/Rope Knife, (or whichever of the 75 plus names it goes by that you prefer), with either 5160, 52100, 10xx, or 440C FFG Spear Point Primary, full size Lambsfoot or Sheepsfoot secondary blade, with a Robeson punch/awl, or a screwdriver/cap lifter 3rd blade, one piece color case hardened steel bolsters and liners, brass or bronze pins, and checkered walnut or tiger stripe maple covers, and no shield, for example.) so I keep quiet. :D
I would be in for a couple of those. Do you know what manufacturer makes that pattern? We couldn't pay for new tooling and keep the cost reasonable I'm afraid.

Quiet

"That guy"
Gold Member

Your idea is patently ridiculous... and frankly I'd be all for it. I have a Whaler, and I laugh every time I open it, so a BF run of those would definitely be good times ahead.

meako

Gold Member
Any more mutinous mumbling about " being quiet" Mister afishhunter afishhunter and I'll give you a taste of the Cat!! This ship runs on ideas....
Actually I believe the Cook is making cat vindaloo today....yummy ..my especial favourite...bagsy me the face......Aye we'll be running before the wind soon enough...:eek:
Mark me Lads ...if we dont start pull together we may find our selves wallowing Sourgrape Cove or aground on Whyowhy Beach this side of the weekend...
Whereawayyy Helmsman? waynorth waynorth do you espy the Great Eastern Sea yet.?..have ye its fair breeze in ye nostrilles as we tack up past Thursday Creek?

Status
Not open for further replies.