The Upcoming and Past Toothpick Thread

I'm a bit partial to the regular clip blade with the long pull on mine - fantastic knife. I'm sure everyone will like the new run:

rK4tlyf.jpg

SIDE NOTE ... I ALWAYS HEARD THIS PATTERN WAS CALLED A POWDERHORN, NOT A TOOTHPICK ?!? Toothpicks to me are a much slimmer pattern ... your thoughts ?

Last edited:
My new #12 Che Chen single slender clip arrived and it is very well made. Pull is a 6, very good snap to open.

Blade centered, shield inletted perfectly but the serpentine shield seems a little strange to my eyes. Thin and light, a nice knife.

The Che Chen wood is very nice, but it is not cocobolo or ebony. Wood fit is excellent.

The bolsters are brushed, and this is not my favorite, but these are super nice knives. Looking forward to the aqua camel bone.

The wood looks great, but I'm just TOTALLY turned off by the brushed bolsters. Will the bone handled ones be brushed as well?
A little Flitz and some pocket time will take care of that :)
I am hoping this is the ony brushed bolster version of the run.

I don’t have the lighting for decent pictures but mine in rosewood arrived today and I am pretty impressed. The fit and finish on this example is immaculate! Dead center, not a backspring gap to be found anywhere, and the transitions from bolsters to wood are so smooth and seamless you would swear it was all a single piece of material. I may or may not bond with it long term.. it’s an interesting pattern... but man they did a killer job quality wise.

I received mine and I like the bolsters more than I thought. It arrived with two small scuffs on the bolsters, which at first upset me but then made me realize I didn't have to fret over putting the first couple of "dings" in my "new car", since they were already there and pretty inconsequential. Fit and finish is excellent. Wood/bolster transitions are smooth. No gaps between spring and liners, and those transitions are smooth as well. Pull isn't a nail breaker and it's definitely not wimpy, so good there. I've seen very few photos of che chen rosewood that does it justice. The chatoyance and the different-colored highlights are just gorgeous. The pivot does need to be flushed. The blade does not close without a little help, but I can feel a little grit in there and once I get it out, the walk and talk should be good.

Is there any way to easily maintain the brushed look of the bolsters? Or is it just easier to let pocket wear just do it's thing, and maybe eventually some polish?

Is there any way to easily maintain the brushed look of the bolsters? Or is it just easier to let pocket wear just do it's thing, and maybe eventually some polish?

i5NRnLq.jpg

Get the assortment above (1, 2, 3, 9, 15, and 30 Micron) and you can maintain satin or highly polished bolsters. Just search for micron polishing cloth and you should eventually find these.

i5NRnLq.jpg

Get the assortment above (1, 2, 3, 9, 15, and 30 Micron) and you can maintain satin or highly polished bolsters. Just search for micron polishing cloth and you should eventually find these.

Can these be used to bring the polish back to acrylic?

Back