The Walking Dead Season 3 Thread...

Yeah, I've been disappointed with Maggie's shootin' lately. She can headshot a walker from 50 yards, but can't pop merle's thinker from 7 feet? When he had Glenn down on the ground, & she was standing over him, that would've been Michael Rooker's last night on the show.

Same with when Merle took Maggie and had a gun to her head. From 5 feet away a head sized target is huge Glenn could have easily dropped him.

Same with when Merle took Maggie and had a gun to her head. From 5 feet away a head sized target is huge Glenn could have easily dropped him.

That wouldnt make for good tv though lol if characters did the logical thing than tv would be very short and boring.

I just watched it again; and a thought occurred to me: anyone think the Merle = traitor is a setup? We know that Merle told the Governor that he and his men had killed Michonne a couple of episodes ago; and we didn't see what transpired in the doctor's office after the Governor told Merle "I was attacked". We also didn't see how Daryl was taken. What if the two of them don't escape....just Merle.....because it was planned that way?

The Governor wants an inside man....anyone think that this whole thing is being staged; and Merle agreed to do it to save his own and his brother's life, given that the Governor knows that he lied about killing Michonne? We've already seen what the Governor is willing to do just to get information. I don't doubt that he'd make a threat like that to get Merle to do his bidding; and I don't doubt Merle would make the deal.

And what about the part in the preview when Herschel calls out to Rick "Get back here!"? I'm thinking that Rick offers himself as an exchange for Daryl (with Merle at the prison, secretly being the inside man). Once he's gone, and Merle has Daryl back, he sets out to destroy the group.

It'll be interesting to see how Andrea handles things, once she's face to face with her old crew and finds out more information. And if my theory is correct, it'll be interesting to see how Daryl handles the conflict, both internal and external.

Last edited:
I just watched it again; and a thought occurred to me: anyone think the Merle = traitor is a setup? We know that Merle told the Governor that he and his men had killed Michonne a couple of episodes ago; and we didn't see what transpired in the doctor's office after the Governor told Merle "I was attacked". We also didn't see how Daryl was taken. What if the two of them don't escape....just Merle.....because it was planned that way?

The Governor wants an inside man....anyone think that this whole thing is being staged; and Merle agreed to do it to save his own and his brother's life, given that the Governor knows that he lied about killing Michonne? We've already seen what the Governor is willing to do just to get information. I don't doubt that he'd make a threat like that to get Merle to do his bidding; and I don't doubt Merle would make the deal.

And what about the part in the preview when Herschel calls out to Rick "Get back here!"? I'm thinking that Rick offers himself as an exchange for Daryl (with Merle at the prison, secretly being the inside man). Once he's gone, and Merle has Daryl back, he sets out to destroy the group.

It'll be interesting to see how Andrea handles things, once she's face to face with her old crew and finds out more information. And if my theory is correct, it'll be interesting to see how Daryl handles the conflict, both internal and external.

I think the Merle insider idea is plausible. you have got me thinking...

I thought at first that Merle was going to be the inside man. After I thought about it for a bit, it didn't make any sense. Disregarding the preview we saw for episode 9, you have to see it through the Governor's eye (pun intended). A woman that your right hand man told you was dead just "killed" your daughter, took out your eye, and revealed to your girlfriend what a freak you really are. You have already had suspicions that his loyalty may be stronger with his brother than with your group. All of a sudden, his brother shows up with dead woman in tow. How could you not think Merle was behind it? Also, if you want someone on the inside that can gain the group's trust, you don't send the guy that they left chained to the top of a building. Especially after he just beat the living hell out of one of the members of that group.

Now taking into account the trailer for episode 9...

n2lts5.jpg

It appears that Rick and Maggie immediately go back in and get Daryl and Merle out of Woodbury.

It's true that Merle did not look so surprised at all when the Governor called him out on his betrayal. It's only speculation what that could mean though, and it could go either way. Bad acting? Good acting, and Merle's going to be a spy? Something else? The trailer already reveals that Merle eventually goes with the group, and I can't wait to see what that's gonna be like. Merle is kind of a prick, but they also did leave him chained up there, and as far as either party is concerned, the other side is the wrong, immoral one.

Last edited:
I do have to admit, I would be really pissed if someone handcuffed me to a roof and left me.

Daryl was in fact in the preview for the next season running, my guess is they both get out alive
dar.jpg

Looks like he stopped to pick up his crossbow, though....right? Unless he took it from the guy who was holding it on Merle at the end of the mid-season finale during the gas-grenade-fracas that it looks like might be occurring at the start of the season's second half...if that was actually his, which it could well have been....or just a spare?

(All I want to know is, will he get his Team Gemini back, too?)

You guys raise excellent points. It'll be interesting to add some "main course" to all of the "appetizers". I still think that a sociopath like the Governor would not refrain from using a person motivated solely by his own self-interest (which includes his brother) and who is obviously afraid of the Governor. The Governor may be bat-spit crazy; but he does not appear to be stupid.

Merle's motivation is the wild card.

I do have to admit, I would be really pissed if someone handcuffed me to a roof and left me.

I can see where I would be holding a grudge.

I really hope that Daryl gets a chance to grab his knife on the way out. Just wouldn't be Daryl without it.

Garth

I can see where I would be holding a grudge.

I really hope that Daryl gets a chance to grab his knife on the way out. Just wouldn't be Daryl without it.

Garth

Maybe they will make a big scene over it. They come to rescue Daryl out of there and he starts screaming, "Not without my knife! I need my knife!"

I feel the same way! I can't even begin to think what I would have done if I was actually in the situation. . . .Maybe he has a huge soft spot for his brother and will help him, regardless of if he is on Rick's team or not. ( I hope :eek: )

Back