The Walking Dead season 6 *spoiler alert* Read at own risk!

I can't beleive that some people consider Negan as a good guy. Yes, he spared the lives of the group..... For them to increase his personal army.

This guy goes around the different communities and demands half of everything of what they have. He's a dictator, a parasite.

How can different communities organize and trade with groups like the saviours around. I think that's it a bit early for wide scale trading to occur, anyway.

As for Enid being the spy..... Yup, that was my choice.

I bet they wait to decide who gets Lucile to the face. See how he fans react and then pick.

N E G A N

How does he do it?

Many men at every road checkpoint. OK obvious.
But wouldn't he need many many more at every point of the road in order to see if when and where people might leave the RV? On top of that he needs many more to hunt them down at every possible point. Nobody can follow them fast enough parallel to the road to keep an eye on them thus you need many lookouts considering the number of routes with curvy roads and framed by forest blocking visibility. Radios might help for the lookouts to call in strike teams but still a way bigger number of men would have been needed than what was shown, in my opinion.

Are his capabilities greatly exaggerated or am I missing some strategy which Negan could have employed?

As a side, how would you have fought him? Going back to the least defended point dismount before they see you and then outflank or something better?

Thanks guys!

You are correct: None of this is even remotely plausible in the way it is depicted to happen: The road blocked behind them goes on for quite a while, and there is no way Neegan's crew were set up to know at what exact point a small group would leave the road (and vehicle) and cut across woods on foot...: They could have gone left, which doubles the already huge requirement for surveillance...

Did you see the thirty foot high pile of wood they used to block the road? Even the US Army could not pull that off in such a short time span... Furthermore, a short go-around in those thin woods could have defeated even this pointless display of mightiness...

And the whole caravan is in a semi-circle exactly where they come out of the woods? Please...

As to society not rising out of this, it is clear very small numbers are left... Not enough to even make cities in the thousands: I remember the absurdity of the "Governor" boasting about his population of... 76 or something...: Worst season of the entire lot imho.

But for population to get this low, zombies would have to have been more effective on an individual level, at least initially...

I think as a whole, for this phenomenon to defeat our reactiveness to such an obvious plague, it would initially take near-super zombies... After a while they could be slower, but they would have to be truly superhuman at first: World War Z actually get this right, at least for a long while...

Speaking of speed: It clearly has been more than two years, with at least one Winter referenced, which is another problem: If they freeze up in Winter, we just eliminate them all... So the zombies have to keep going in Winter...

And the gas would already be bad after 6 months... 10 months and they would be deep into using frying oil conversions with simple carburators, which all these modern electronic-loaded injection models would turn into a huge problem: All that could be brought back easily to running on cooking oil would be collector cars: By year one it would already look like Cuba's car situation in the 90s, but with a 70s touch...

Gaston

Another thing I hadn't thought of til now. Look back at the different men's philosophies on how civilization would make its comeback. Dale had a somewhat "left wing" view. Relying on people being good to each other for everything to work out. Hershel, the more grass roots heartland "conservative" type, believing that hard work and self reliance was the key. The Governor had a federal government type of "use military strength to preserve a sense of normalcy to the general population" approach. Deanna had more of a state legislators "let's just figure out how to keep ourselves comfortable" method, not really thinking about the rest of the world. The Hilltop clan is more of an industrialist/capitalist state, making goods for trade. Negan is the iron fisted brutal dictator. And then there's Rick. "Our" leader, who has dabbled a little in all of these philosophies.

It's funny... I was thinking along similar lines yesterday.

How is Negan different than our own federal government? They take at least 50% when you add up all the taxes, fees, etc.

I am wondering if Glen's "death" earlier (remember the dumpster) wasn't part of the plot to get us used to the idea of him being gone.

Personally, I understand why they do the cliffhanger. I don't really like it.... but here we all are talking about it. It's all over the radio and internet. EVERYONE is talking about it! That is why they do it. Sucks we have to wait 6 months! :(

It's funny... I was thinking along similar lines yesterday.

How is Negan different than our own federal government? They take at least 50% when you add up all the taxes, fees, etc.

I am wondering if Glen's "death" earlier (remember the dumpster) wasn't part of the plot to get us used to the idea of him being gone.

Personally, I understand why they do the cliffhanger. I don't really like it.... but here we all are talking about it. It's all over the radio and internet. EVERYONE is talking about it! That is why they do it. Sucks we have to wait 6 months! :(

I would say that the thing that sets Negan apart from our federal government is that if we don't earn enough to meet a certain threshold, we are exempt from their wrath. If our Govt went full Negan we would be telling Mexico and Canada that they owe us half if their stuff and if they don't pay, we roll in and make an example of one of their major cities.

Negan and his group are more honest than our government for sure. At least he tells ya when it's about to be "pee pee pants city".

Dang, I hope that wasn't another comic spoiler. I'm out. Way too much of that going on for me.

Everyone is talking about it, about how terrible it was.
Imagine how much BIGGER it would be if they did it right.
Imagine this instead (graphic description):

Negan beating Glenn to death on camera. Caving his head in, Glenn's eye popping out, going into convulsions, screaming "Maggie!"
Negan beating his head until its nothing but his body with mutilation where his head should be.
Everyone screaming and crying. Maggie screaming in terror. Rick sobbing. Negan laughing.
Rick getting angry, says, "I will kill you. not today, but I will kill you."
Negan responds, "You still wanna act tough, I'll have a few of my men run a train on your boy. I'm sure a few would be into that sort of thing."
Rick looks down, defeating, crying, says, "No, you're right, I'm sorry"
Negan grabs Ricks chin and says, "YOU did this. Your birth didn't have to be so hard. YOU made it that way. I hope we learned our little lesson. I'll be back next week for first payment. Ta-ta."
The final scene being Negan walking away, his back turned to the camera. Lucille slung over his shoulder with Glenn's brains dripping off.

^^^People would be talking about that WAY more. That would have been historic. There would have been news articles about "Did the walking dead go too far or break violence boundaries?" There would have been reports of people having panic attacks in front of their TVs. It could have been glorious. Negan shows up and within 5 minutes he has brutally murdered a favorite character. THAT is an introduction.

I understand what they were trying to do. But I think it failed.
I get the whole thing about it being the end of an era for the group, and who dies is part of the next segment. I just feel like everyone knew that scene was coming. Everyone knew someone was going to die. Then we wait 1.5 hours and it's still not known. Ugh.
I personally liked the road-block build up. It made the saviors seem overwhelming and menacing. The increasing numbers at each, the man they hang as an example. I thought the episode was really good up until the final scene.
A cliffhanger needs to be at the right place. This wasn't it. Even if it had done nothing more than show the person who died, everyone would still be talking about it, except it would be "That was crazy! What are they going to do next?" There is ALWAYS speculation and cliffhanging in a show like this, because we don't know where it's going next no matter what just happened.
The impact of that character death is ruined. The momentum is gone.

Last edited:
It should be obvious it's not Rick or Carl. (Right before the kill, Negan says, "If anyone moves, cut the kid's other eye out and feed it to his dad. Then we'll start."). Not to mention Rick is the protagonist. (also keep in mind Negan's motives. Rick is the leader. He wants the group to work for them. He wants to scare Rick into following his orders)

Those were his exact words (I listened several times, am sure of it). Therefore, him saying that in its entirety does not preclude killing either of them, especially Rick. In fact, it would be quite the incentive to Rick to kneel and take it. It may be the only thing that would convince him to kneel and take it. Yeah, THE main character dies. It would be a he**uva twist! But I don't really think it was Rick. Nor Carl, really.

Michonne is filling the role of herself and Andreas comic counterparts, but the odds of it being a female character is very low. I'd be VERY surprised if it was her.

Michonne is who I think it is. Primarily because of the spattering of... matter... that the POV picks up on at Negan's feet after the first blow. Of all the people kneeling on the ground, only Carl and Michonne have anything on their head. Carl's is a full hat, and I don't think a piece would come flying off it, more likely the entire hat. I don't think it is an eye (could definitely be wrong there), but even as hazy as my view was (not an HD TV, nor a particularly large screen), it didn't look like an eye. It looked to me like an unshaped dark or black material, like the head-band that Michonne had on her head. Right where the bat could catch it on the follow-through, tearing it and bring blood with it. OK, yeah, I'm reaching. But again, it would have quite the impact on the group and the show. Plus, she was at the right end of the line-up. But I'd have to look again to see if it looked like she would have been able to see the RV from her POV. That one has me hesitant.

Oh well, it is what it is, just a show. It was beginning to get really good here in the last few episodes, I thought. At least finally starting to pick up. But then they do yet another cliff-hangar, and I'm just getting tired of the effort of trying to keep up when they do that. Don't know if I'll be back on it in the fall. I certainly don't think I'll be going out of my way to keep up.

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of wrapping barbed wire around a bat? I don't get it. It's going to make the bat snag on any cloth it touches rendering it awkward or completely stuck in a heavy coat. It's going to be full of infected zombie flesh and stink like hell. It adds nothing to the strength. If it comes unraveled in combat it becomes it's own trap.

Sorry.....I guess I am trying to interject common sense and reality into a show based on zombies :)

Can someone please explain to me the purpose of wrapping barbed wire around a bat? I don't get it. It's going to make the bat snag on any cloth it touches rendering it awkward or completely stuck in a heavy coat. It's going to be full of infected zombie flesh and stink like hell. It adds nothing to the strength. If it comes unraveled in combat it becomes it's own trap.

Sorry.....I guess I am trying to interject common sense and reality into a show based on zombies :)
Maybe it offers different levels of uses. Could just pull it over somebody's face or use it like a bat. The little points might also cause more blood to stream while the bat doesn't break the skin as often and more of what's underneath. Of course that's not necessary if the bone is right under the skin like on a head for example.
You are right the if the barb wire isn't secured to the bat it might unravel once it gets stuck in something. A medieval mace would be more efficient however not as effectful if it comes down to make it last and scare zombie survivors or impress a TV audience.

Aaaaannnnnnnd.......?

lol okay I'll say it (I try to avoid posting spoilers because I don't like them)

(SORT OF A SPOILER)
He does that because what they do is smear zombie guts and saliva all over the barbed wire, then they don't have to directly kill opponents. All they have to do is break their skin and they will get infected and die later. It's a simulated zombie bite.
(SORT OF A SPOILER)

Nice... a fate worse than death. That IS one mean-a** son... etc.

What's the point of them dying a day later? In a fight you got to disable people there and then.
Thus it's only used if he's winning anyways. And then its so not necessary. Cruel bosstard.

Back