The Watches CRK People Wear...

P0zStpL.jpg

Brass Helson SD45. The rubber just didn't look right to me, so I whipped up a leather strap for it last night. I am pretty rusty with the leatherwork, but I wanted a rather worn "rough and tumble" look to it anyway. As the brass tarnishes and gets a nice patina, I think it will look much better.

430870BC-3CA7-489D-BB08-713243944376_zps9xsdadvq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Ok, so not a watch, but I thought this was awesome!!! Apparently WWII era out of pacific theatre fighter/bomber... No idea...
77A46519-03A5-43B7-A676-B3EF2F0008C9_zpsn3q9eflg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Shot of the back

Sorry about lack of pics but I have and and wear a number of mechanical automatics. Rolex Submariner, Datejust, Zodiac Red Point and a Glycine Incursore. I enjoy mechanical watches for the same reason I enjoy Reeve knives.

Brass Helson SD45. The rubber just didn't look right to me, so I whipped up a leather strap for it last night. I am pretty rusty with the leatherwork, but I wanted a rather worn "rough and tumble" look to it anyway. As the brass tarnishes and gets a nice patina, I think it will look much better.

Nice job on that strap! A perfect match for when that bronze darkens. I used to have that helson, used liver of sulfur to accelerate the patina. Btw, looks like you have a massive wrist!

Back