- Vintage Tudor Submariner "Blue Snowflake" ref. 9401
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Tribute to 1931 Reverso U.S. Edition
- Chopard Chrono One
- Rolex Daytona
- Blancpain Fifty-Fathoms Bathyscaphe in ceramised titanium
- Vintage Sinn 142S
- Tempus Machina "Red Depth" modified no-date Submariner
- Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Moon Ultra-thin

And hey, I love me some Rolex too -- my Deepsea Sea-Dweller D-Blue is one of my favorite watches -- but the rabbit hole runs deep in this hobby, just as it does with knives, and there are a ton of manufactures, both old and new, that are worth a look.

In many ways, I view Rolex and CRK as analogous in that they're both mass-produced in a relative sense (almost a million per year in Rolex's case), yet their quality remains beyond reproach, and as a result their resale value is tops. I will never hesitate to recommend a Rolex to someone new to the game, but for folks looking to stand apart from the crowd, there are plenty of interesting choices lurking just off the beaten path.

Regards,
Adam

PS - I hope it's clear that I most definitely do not own all the watches listed above. The pic was taken at a gathering for watch collectors.

I have to say I love the tempus machina and the AP. They would definitely be part of my collection if money was no object!

I also agree with the Rolex-CRK analogy, they're in similar positions in their respective commodities.

You're right, and that was presumptuous of me. What can I say, my main passion, and indeed my business is horology, and sometimes in my zeal to preach my enthusiasm gets the better of me. At the end of the day we should always buy what we like and wear what we buy, so kudos to you for finding your sweet spot. Again, my apologies for offending your sensibilities and I do hope that your Rolexes will continue to bring you joy in the years to come.

Regards,
Adam

OK, thank you for that. :thumbup:

efc32563b3dc5c75799b059838014846.jpg

you have great taste. Not trashy at all, I love my JDD. very high quality and beautiful piece

I do love mine.

Someday I'll upgrade to a "better" watch. I've been eyeing the 45.5mm Planet Ocean for months now. One problem is that in order to sneak it into the house, I'd have to unload a whole bunch of knives and/or guns to cover partial cost of it. The other reason is that if my wife found out that I spent $4000 on a watch, she would probably cut my balls off. :D

I do love mine.

Someday I'll upgrade to a "better" watch. I've been eyeing the 45.5mm Planet Ocean for months now. One problem is that in order to sneak it into the house, I'd have to unload a whole bunch of knives and/or guns to cover partial cost of it. The other reason is that if my wife found out that I spent $4000 on a watch, she would probably cut my balls off. :D

I know from experience that a $500 Lui Vuitton bag can achieve incredible things. Just a thought. :D

I do love mine.

Lol that's the exact same watch I'm going after next, and I also am in the same exact situation. Are you looking at the newer one with clear caseback? I think I would cool with either, but the clear one is just plain awesome!

Lol that's the exact same watch I'm going after next, and I also am in the same exact situation. Are you looking at the newer one with clear caseback? I think I would cool with either, but the clear one is just plain awesome!
I like the Planet Ocean Seamasters, but I feel like the 45.5mm is just ridiculously large. What is the appeal to getting the XL? Wrist presence? Maybe I just don't like the size due to a slim wrist. Hope you get yours soon, they are great watches.

I like the Planet Ocean Seamasters, but I feel like the 45.5mm is just ridiculously large. What is the appeal to getting the XL? Wrist presence? Maybe I just don't like the size due to a slim wrist. Hope you get yours soon, they are great watches.

Because a regular sized watch looks like a ladies watch on my wrist, mainly. I have a hell of a time finding a rubber or nato/zulu strap that will actually fit. Right now at work I have a g-shock ga100c on, as a beater watch, and it is on the last notch. Got lucky with this one. :D.

Because a regular sized watch looks like a ladies watch on my wrist, mainly. I have a hell of a time finding a rubber or nato/zulu strap that will actually fit. Right now at work I have a g-shock ga100c on, as a beater watch, and it is on the last notch. Got lucky with this one. :D.

That makes sense. I always thought it looked large even on a fairly large wrist, but that is the point I guess. If you're looking for a NATO strap that will accommodate your wrist you might want to look into a perlon NATO. No problems trying to fit one notch or another

upload_-1.jpg

Most will be very long.

My old G-Shock that is now with a friend from BF :)

IMG_20150314_135648.jpg

They are awesome beaters!

Thank you! Sadly I'll be selling both very soon to fund a new watch that is a little bit costlier than I'd like to stomach without first making some space.

What's next? Deepsea Sea Dweller?

116610LV SubC "Hulk". Buying it from within my family for a solid price but, will not be able to pick it up from them until mid november. The price is worth the wait.

Even better! You might say that I'm "green" with envy.

I've never been much of a wrist watch guy..more of the pocket watch type but some of the watches you guys have are fantastic!

116610LV SubC "Hulk". Buying it from within my family for a solid price but, will not be able to pick it up from them until mid november. The price is worth the wait.

Nice ! :thumbup:

I'm still holding off on the deepsea, but I know it's going to happen sooner or later. :D

Back