The "Whatever" Thread

Took the Kimber Micro 9 and S&W M&P 9C to the range this morning. Fired 150 rounds of ammunition through each one, at 7 and 10 yards. Only had one issue, the Micro 9 failed to lock the slide back on the last round one time, otherwise no problems with either one.

Sounds like a good morning. I looked at the M&P45 Shield recently and was very impressed with it. I don't need another 45 but may spoil myself when we get our tax return.

Thinking about making some black linen micarta grips for my Micro 9.
I am quite fond of the beautiful checkered wood grips that came on my Micro 9 - but it will be interesting to see you make some grips for yours!

best

mqqn

I am quite fond of the beautiful checkered wood grips that came on my Micro 9 - but it will be interesting to see you make some grips for yours!

best

mqqn
Mine are checkered with the Kimber logo too, just want to try something new.

I prefer the micarta grips for carry guns for sure. Keep the wood ones in good shape and use micarta for form and function

I told the wife I needed to get outside earlier today. She told me to help myself, they(her and my son) had no intention of going out in the freezing air. I decided to try for tout at the lake. This is the view I was greeted with. The wind reminded me how smart I was to skip shaving the past couple of days.

No fish from the lake but I did pick up a rock full of surprises for my 3 year old son.

I moved to downstream of the dam hoping to escape the wind, better but still cold.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/22ZyJLp]
This little guy grabbed my lure on my first cast into the river.
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Dm24vX]
I had several more bites then lost a nice fish. Can you see why?
[url=https://flic.kr/p/Dm1UHg]
[/url][/url][/url]

I told the wife I needed to get outside earlier today. She told me to help myself, they(her and my son) had no intention of going out in the freezing air. I decided to try for tout at the lake. This is the view I was greeted with. The wind reminded me how smart I was to skip shaving the past couple of days.

No fish from the lake but I did pick up a rock full of surprises for my 3 year old son.

I moved to downstream of the dam hoping to escape the wind, better but still cold.

Your hooker is missing.

Great pics,thanks for sharing the day.
Judging by the missing "hooker" I'd say Virginia has stricter gear regs than we do up here in WA.
That or one of the missed biters was a big un.

Some days you can never depend on your "hooker" to perform. I have caught many trout that I consider trophy size from the lake and river. Most were released with no pics and no witnesses. The biggest one was a hook jaw Brown that spit out a 10" Rainbow when I got him to the bank after a 30 minute fight. I love fishing this time of year when I'm usually the only one there.

Watching that big Brown cough up that Rainbow must have been something to see alright.:eek:

Some of my most memorable fishing took place while alone.
The big bass in the secluded cove that took the first frog I threw out when I was a teenager, the big Steelhead hen up on the wild stretches of my favorite river and the big Dolly Varden buck on the same river.
All caught in solitude and no pics were taken except in my mind.
I do have a few pics from Steelheading trips with my older brother, but none compare to the fish caught while alone.:thumbsup:

Having your children nearby is a blessing. I remember how nervous I was before my son graduated. He had a few good job offers but none were close to home. We were ecstatic when he accepted a job within an hours drive. Congrats John!

Our oldest, Angie, lives with her family about an hour away in Indiana, my grandson Jon, lives about a half hour away, Becky and her family are about 20 minutes away, and now Alison is 5 minutes away.

That sweater is key on a day like today! I'm in the market for a dog now that we are settled into the new house. I've always "rescued" dogs but I am not having much luck finding a dog that needs a home right now besides the dozens and dozens of pit bulls that are out there. There was a beautiful border collie mix I found at a foster home but it looks like she's already taken. The search continues.

Back