The "Whatever" Thread

As much as I love this one that John made me, I didn't care too much for matte finish on the wood I had sent him to use on it. I put a buff job on the wood to bring out more grain, looks even more awesome than it already did!

View attachment 868304
That looks sweet. I remember when John showed pics of that, but I can't remember the model.

On a side note..I have cancer.:eek:

Relax, it was a mole in my sideburn that popped up a few months ago and since I was seeing a dermatologist to get some cysts removed from my back I had him look at the mole and cut it off for analysis.
He says it is pre cancerous and we found it early.
The underlying tumor will be removed Monday morning.
Now I'm gonna have a sideburn with a bald patch from the scar.:mad:
Better than cancer though.:thumbsup::D

Just saw this. Two years ago I had a spot pop up on my cheek under left eye. It was an angioma, or basically a blood blister that wouldn't go away. I do biannual visits to the Dermatologist because of moles I had had removed that they considered precancerous, and on my regular visit about 2 months after it had come up I asked about it. The Dr told me what it was and that it was probably fine and not to do anything unless it bothered me. We'll if I scratched it, it would bleed for several minutes so I wanted it gone. The did a biopsy anyway and then burned it off.
Three weeks went by and no call on the biopsy results, my wife was getting worried and I told her it was probably nothing which is why they hadn't called. I called just to ease her mind and i'll be damned if the nurse didn't say your results came back as cancerous. We were a few months away from the delivery of our first child and I was 27. She did say it was Basal Cell which is the most common for of cancer and most easy to treat and get rid of. Set me an appointment to have Mohs surgery.
I went and they basically shave a layer of skin away and then look under the microscope to check the edges of the skin for any cancerous cells. If the edges look clean they stop, but if they find any at the edges they go back and cut again until they come back clean. I sat in a waiting room with 4 other patients who had the procedure that morning and was easily 30 years younger than the rest. Luckily I only had to have one cut. I don't claim to be a cancer survivor as I feel what I had is so easy compared to so many others, but that phone call was one of the scariest I have ever had. Wear sun protection.

Just saw this. Two years ago I had a spot pop up on my cheek under left eye. It was an angioma, or basically a blood blister that wouldn't go away. I do biannual visits to the Dermatologist because of moles I had had removed that they considered precancerous, and on my regular visit about 2 months after it had come up I asked about it. The Dr told me what it was and that it was probably fine and not to do anything unless it bothered me. We'll if I scratched it, it would bleed for several minutes so I wanted it gone. The did a biopsy anyway and then burned it off.
Three weeks went by and no call on the biopsy results, my wife was getting worried and I told her it was probably nothing which is why they hadn't called. I called just to ease her mind and i'll be damned if the nurse didn't say your results came back as cancerous. We were a few months away from the delivery of our first child and I was 27. She did say it was Basal Cell which is the most common for of cancer and most easy to treat and get rid of. Set me an appointment to have Mohs surgery.
I went and they basically shave a layer of skin away and then look under the microscope to check the edges of the skin for any cancerous cells. If the edges look clean they stop, but if they find any at the edges they go back and cut again until they come back clean. I sat in a waiting room with 4 other patients who had the procedure that morning and was easily 30 years younger than the rest. Luckily I only had to have one cut. I don't claim to be a cancer survivor as I feel what I had is so easy compared to so many others, but that phone call was one of the scariest I have ever had. Wear sun protection.
Mohs, exactly what I had done Monday. But I had Squamous cell carcinoma, the second most common type of skin cancer. The doc only went to the microscope twice but damn, there was a dime size hole in the side of my face so he had to loosen the skin from the connective tissue in order to stitch the hole up.
I also had a cyst removed last Thursday so I have stitches in my lower back and my face now, with three more cysts to go.Yippee.
The bitch of it is, last year my Neuromuscular doc put me on an immunosuppressant that is supposed to help keep me from relapsing with the CIDP but it had a 2-3% chance of causing me to get skin cancer.
Guess what doc, time for a new drug.(ug)
I'll be wearing sunscreen and a boonie hat for now on you betcha.

John what do you think about brimging back the budget hunter for a special. The used one i picked up is awesome.

I'm not sure if that is a Budget Hunter, something looks off. I know the front of the handles have been modified, I've never done them like that. I'm hoping jds1 sees this, I think he has one.

I'm not sure if that is a Budget Hunter, something looks off. I know the front of the handles have been modified, I've never done them like that. I'm hoping jds1 sees this, I think he has one.

I did have a similar knife with Walnut scales, but I gifted it to my son (along with my Walnut scaled Baby Kephart).

Jeff

Spring?
I just looked out the window and it is snowing.
Temps in the 40s so it is melting as it lands, but WTF Ma Nature?
We had a little hail shower push through yesterday afternoon and it left more ice on the ground than this wet snow we're getting now.
Oh well, the heat of summer will be here before we know it and I'll be wishing for this weather.

Back