The "Whatever" Thread

You're on the wrong coast. Today's forecast here is for record highs. Since Phil made his appearance Saturday we've had unbelievably warm weather. We spent Sunday pre-gaming for the superbowl drinking beer and grilling outside in the 60° sunshine.
Well now, if you look at a map you'll see I'm actually on the right coast.:p
We're just swapping weather with the wrong coast for a while.:rolleyes:
Round two is hitting now with another 8 or so inches expected through tomorrow and early next week.
At least it warmed up this week and I was able to hit the stores and stock up on food.

:)
I'm a little North of Topeka - but I work in town if you ever want to meet up for lunch, a coffee, or a beer.

Man, that sounds like a winner ! Wonder how far a drive that would be from central Florida? LOL!

Last edited:
it takes me about 15 hours to drive to Atlanta, counting fuel and walking breaks - so 22 hours? :)

Going to the range on Wednesday. Connie wants to shoot her Micro 9, and after renting one, Becky bought a Sig P365 she wants to shoot. I’ll take my Glock and Kimber .45. I need a distraction from business.

Damn snow, make it stop already Ma!
I had to buy a snow shovel last week!
Never owned a snow shovel before!
Never needed a snow shovel before!
Own one now!
Damn snow, make it stop Ma!
:D

Damn snow, make it stop already Ma!
I had to buy a snow shovel last week!
Never owned a snow shovel before!
Never needed a snow shovel before!
Own one now!
Damn snow, make it stop Ma!
:D
made me laugh myke. :D

We got dumped on yesterday and last night.
More shoveling.
More shoveling.
More shoveling!:mad:

Yay cabin fever!;):D

I just had my truck cleared of snow yesterday dang it!
Hopefully it'll get above freezing and rain like they say it will tomorrow.
DDArSKR.jpg

And here are some pics from a new hiking area I found closer to home than the park I was going to.
Some of these are from November and some from last month.
I've been out there 3 times exploring different trails.
The first leg starts along an old rail road bed and crosses the river, then branches out in three directions right after crossing the river.
This is the western end of the Whitehorse Trail. Going east it runs up to Darrington some 25-30 miles distant.
I dread this part of the hike because of the large gravel/rocks and the length.
It seems to take forever to get to the river with just farm fields on either side to look at.
Boring and hard on the feets.
BvAhN8u.jpg

Though I did spot some New York Elk out grazing in the grass.;)
WF75iOz.jpg

Looking back at the bridge from the center trail.
I met a fellow hiker the second time out and he told me two men died building the bridge.:(
C6fjxaw.jpg

On up the trail.
32ryAp0.jpg

This end of the Whitehorse follows the river for a ways before joining up with the Centennial Trail which is partially on another old RR bed and runs north/south.
Z9LWuFN.jpg

On the left after crossing the bridge there is a short trail that runs along the river bend with a couple of low spots with river access.
I found where some bushwhackercrafter practiced their shelter building skills.
1XzrGK9.jpg

The first time out here I went to the right after the bridge and followed a gated road until I found a trail that branched off towards the river and found a few old shacks and some huge stumps on the bluffs overlooking the river.
U7c7HDv.jpg

EPEVW7f.jpg

The view from the bluffs.
The buildings in the center are where I catch the trail at.
2PskNBZ.jpg

The hiker I mentioned before also told me there was an old log holding pond back in further so I went looking for it the last time out.
Up the road I went.
MQwusnM.jpg

And I found it.
What a pretty little pond.:thumbsup:
7oZgUeK.jpg

LPRlHeR.jpg

And the back side of the pond where it's vewy vewy swampy.
R6K9VEZ.jpg

The road leading past the pond ends up at some buildings with keep out signs so I didn't trespass.
uqYfaqZ.jpg

The road forked down below the pond so naturally I went and explored the other fork after running into the forbidden area up past the pond.
After a bit I could hear a creek running down to the river and found a trail going downnnn.
And a muddy trail it was with water running down it in places to join with the creek.
wjz3bv6.jpg

x2rBbyN.jpg

The creek rushing to get to the river and it's end.
HUYBPVK.jpg

Back up to the old road.
x7Hcele.jpg

And I run into a tree farm.
wAy1xSP.jpg

But just before the tree farm there is this big old water holding tank right next to the old road.:cool:
yxPn89X.jpg

Okay...th,th,thats all folks.

really cool pics myke. thanks for taking the time to share.

we are supposed to be getting 6-12" of snow tonight/tomorrow.

Back