The "Whatever" Thread

Anyone got plans to celebrate tonight? We usually stay home, possibly have a couple friends or family members stop by. Got a couple pounds of shrimp and my wife is fixing loaded nachos.... pretty sure I have a bottle of Sazerac stashed away:thumbsup:
If I can talk my wife into it I think we'll have drinks around a campfire.
Happy New Year!!!

Maggie and I will lie low - might run out for dinner but after that it'll be an early night as Maggie has to be at work at 6am tomorrow.

Happy New Year to you all -

best

mqqn

Anyone got plans to celebrate tonight? We usually stay home, possibly have a couple friends or family members stop by. Got a couple pounds of shrimp and my wife is fixing loaded nachos.... pretty sure I have a bottle of Sazerac stashed away:thumbsup:
If I can talk my wife into it I think we'll have drinks around a campfire.
Happy New Year!!!
Sazerec was all recalled better send it to me I'll dispose of it responsibly.

I'm just gonna sit around with the kids. Might clean up the crafting corner of the garage. The auto corner is a summer me problem.

I will report that I found my bag of JK Handmade Knives in the storage container today! I'll have my hands full getting the furniture back into the house and finish details on the remodel done, but I look forward to the days when I can get out my K-Treet steel and tear these TN woods up! Pictures will be present.

best

mqqn

I did little research. The toxicity of the Sezerac is completely offset with the addition of the proper antidote.

Last edited:
Sazerec was all recalled better send it to me I'll dispose of it responsibly.
Thanks for the update, I've responsibly disposed of mine and can post a pic of an empty bottle for verification purposes if needed.

Prior to the recall notice....
4ahh2j3.jpg

That is some good rye. I've only seen it on base here once and I bought the only bottle.
I did little research. The toxicity of the Sezerac is completely offset with the addition of the proper anecdote.

Thanks for the update, I've responsibly disposed of mine and can post a pic of an empty bottle for verification purposes if needed.

Prior to the recall notice....
4ahh2j3.jpg

The wife, kiddo, and I spent the day at the in-laws chatting about all manner of things in front of the fire place. It was a nice relaxing day, even if I didn't get a chance to get outside and roam the fresh snowfall. Probably in 9:00 if I don't get sucked too deeply into the recently setup design studio in the basement. I'll be up in plenty of time to see what John has to show tomorrow morning.

Curious if anyone carries a first aid kit as an EDC item and/or if you have one when just out stomping the woods. I've been using one I have for cycling, but I'm starting to realize the needs are quite different, since 90% of cycling wounds are road rash. I could probably just pack anti-biotic ointment or vaseline and a ton of gauze and stretch net wrap and call it a day for a cycling first aid bag.

For hiking or camping, I'm less sure. As an EDC, even less sure. Beyond a couple bandaids and maybe something for burns, that's about all I can think of. Given, the EDC thing is a bit personal based on location, what you do everyday and all that, but just curious what some folks here do or have.

I keep one in each vehicle and one in my pack. I also have a pocket size one for when we go on short hikes in the woods around home.

Back