The "Whatever" Thread

Nice looking rubs, good luck this weekend TPVT! Congrats on the new sidearm as well, Ruger makes great guns, especially their wheel guns.

trevytrev has one of the best avatars ever *(besides bulgron's beer girl) ;^)

best

mqqn

it works. how did...? who the...? what the...? whoooa.

You provide your shoe size and your date of birth, and through magic calculations it is able to derive your shoe size and your age. ;^)

best

mqqn

I've been a Ruger fan for over 30 years, especially their .44 mag Super Blackhawk and Redhawk. I've also had quite a few No.1 single shot rifles. I also have a numbered set of prints that Ruger came out with back in the late 1980's called the 21 North Americans. The one showing the bighorn sheep was done by Gary Swanson.
A few months back, I sold this No.1 International in 30-06 and picked up another Redhawk which I outfitted with the V-notch rear and gold bead front sight, and planned to use it on deer and elk this year but didn't get drawn for either so, maybe next year.

Attachments

• NA 1.jpg
    NA 1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 14
  • NA 3.jpg
    NA 3.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Ruger No.1 in 30-06.jpg
    Ruger No.1 in 30-06.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Redhawk & JK.jpg
    Redhawk & JK.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 20
I've been a Ruger fan for over 30 years, especially their .44 mag Super Blackhawk and Redhawk. I've also had quite a few No.1 single shot rifles. I also have a numbered set of prints that Ruger came out with back in the late 1980's called the 21 North Americans. The one showing the bighorn sheep was done by Gary Swanson.
A few months back, I sold this No.1 International in 30-06 and picked up another Redhawk which I outfitted with the V-notch rear and gold bead front sight, and planned to use it on deer and elk this year but didn't get drawn for either so, maybe next year.

Wow. very cool jack. i love seeing stuff like that. Americana. :thumbup:

and, i just noticed your sig line....
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." - Groucho Marx

lol. that's good stuff.

Love the Rugers Jack.
I used to have a #1 varmint in 22-250 & wish I'd of grabbed a #1 RSI in 250 savage when they still offered the savage chamberings.
I also had a 44 carbine & a .41 bisley,wish I still had those 2.
I always had a gun on layaway at the exchange when I was in the marines & had quite the collection at one time.

Love the Rugers Jack.
I used to have a #1 varmint in 22-250 & wish I'd of grabbed a #1 RSI in 250 savage when they still offered the savage chamberings.
I also had a 44 carbine & a .41 bisley,wish I still had those 2.
I always had a gun on layaway at the exchange when I was in the marines & had quite the collection at one time.

I had a 1V in 25-06 that took quite a few coyotes at over 250 yds. When I used a rifle for hunting, it was always a single shot. Had a Shiloh Sharps from Big Timber, Montana in 45-70 but at 11 lbs it was a bit much to be climbing mountains with, but it was a lot more comfortable to shoot a 405 gr bullet than the #1 that I bought and sold after putting one box of ammo through. Just remembering it makes my shoulder hurt!

Loved that 250 Savage cartridge, Mykel. Had a Remington 700 Classic in that chambering for a long time, shot many Pronghorns, whitetail and one mule deer with it, should never have sold it but I ended up wrecking the original stock and never found another stock that I really liked so I let her go. I was coveting the Ruger M77 RSI in 250 Savage when they were available but waited to long, now they are rather pricey! I would like to think there is a Ruger #1S in a 7x57, .280 or 30-06 in my future!

Loved that 250 Savage cartridge, Mykel. Had a Remington 700 Classic in that chambering for a long time, shot many Pronghorns, whitetail and one mule deer with it, should never have sold it but I ended up wrecking the original stock and never found another stock that I really liked so I let her go. I was coveting the Ruger M77 RSI in 250 Savage when they were available but waited to long, now they are rather pricey! I would like to think there is a Ruger #1S in a 7x57, .280 or 30-06 in my future!
Cooll,Bob Milek,my favorite gun writer(RIP) had nothing but good to say about it.(the 250-3000 savage)
I would also love to have a Savage 99 in 250 3000.

Last edited:
We went to our son's college campus last night. It's not far away from our house, only about a half hour. He's staying on campus first year anyway so he can get the "college" experience.

Anyway, he is a clarinet in the Jazz Ensemble, and they had kind of a concert in one of the campus pubs. It's cool, cause that pub is where they actually practice every week. He had a solo on one of the songs, I don't have video yet. He and his friend are the youngest in the band, and there are even some "older" cats in there also. I think they are just alumni or community players, not all students. Anyway, nice show, pretty tight sounding group.

It's nice to see him doing the jazz, cause they didn't allow clarinets in HS jazz band. Who ever heard of such a thing?

very cool Glenn, never had the talent for music but always enjoyed listing to those that do live!

I was taking a picture for Sean's edc thread on the other forum and thought I'd take some one of my projects at the moment, I've been turning our sons crib (Iris had her very own but both Sam and Toby used the same one) into a bench for my wife, she likes the re purposing stuff,

Sorry for the state of the garage :) I have to have it in here because I can work on it with the kids int he house, work building's a little far behind the house to go when mommy's not home.

Anyway I had some spare parts from the crib of course and decided to put some of it to use as well

It's made from maple burl and the longer beads are cut from one of the cribe's side posts, thought it came out pretty well

it's made to fit my wife so a little small for me though :)

Lots of talent around here. My youngest played alto sax in her school jazz band, I used to enjoy going to watch her play. (not to brag, ;), but she was also "first chair" in the regular band). When she was in college (WIU) I used to drive 220 miles each way, once a month, to visit her, used to love those trips.

it works. how did...? who the...? what the...? whoooa.

I could tell ya, but then............ ;)

very cool Glenn, never had the talent for music but always enjoyed listing to those that do live!

I was taking a picture for Sean's edc thread on the other forum and thought I'd take some one of my projects at the moment, I've been turning our sons crib (Iris had her very own but both Sam and Toby used the same one) into a bench for my wife, she likes the re purposing stuff,

Sorry for the state of the garage :) I have to have it in here because I can work on it with the kids int he house, work building's a little far behind the house to go when mommy's not home.

Anyway I had some spare parts from the crib of course and decided to put some of it to use as well

It's made from maple burl and the longer beads are cut from one of the cribe's side posts, thought it came out pretty well

it's made to fit my wife so a little small for me though :)

nice conversion from crib to bench!

Great use of existing materials. I would have never thought of something like that.

A little whatever to getcha going in the morning.

[video=youtube_share;wuk8AOjGURE]http://youtu.be/wuk8AOjGURE[/video]

thanks!

funny picture to get the morning started :)

caution.jpg

Back