The Zero Tolerance 0777 has arrived!

Take it its the same story from BHQ too. Oh well...Keep up the great pics guys! Looking good. And on a side note Reeek, I'm a little jealous of the scenery behind your work. I always enjoy your knife pics.

Thanks, BLUEGINGER :) Northern Nevada has a lot of beauty ;)

Take it its the same story from BHQ too. Oh well...Keep up the great pics guys! Looking good. And on a side note Reeek, I'm a little jealous of the scenery behind your work. I always enjoy your knife pics.

Question: Is the non-clip/lockbar CF side CF over a Ti liner or solid CF? It's hard to tell from the video. Thanks!

Congrats to the happy owners!

Stainz (Still happy with my TILT!)

It's solid CF - the lock bar side has a nested liner type configuration that has been milled into the inside of the CF. In studying the construction of this knife, it also looks to me like a large part of the super solid feel of this knife has to do with the one piece titanium back spacer. The back spacer is slightly more than 3 inches long and is secured by three screws that go all the way through the entire handle and back spacer and secure on the other side. I'm sure this is a key piece in overall strength and it is probably milled the way it is to save overall weight but still provide a balancing point near the lock bar release position/choil where the index finger sits while looking nice at the same time. The 0777 feels really good in hand and fits my paw like a glove. The handle fills my hand completely and my thumb rests on the spine jimping perfectly and she is still only 4.2 ounces. A large knife that isn't heavy yet feels strong is not something you get every day. Add the superb KVT pivot action and this knife competes with pretty much all the high end knives I have ever owned so far and in fact, it probably outshines many of them too. This is a great balance of beauty, brawn and function IMHO. This is one of the best knives I have ever owned without a doubt.

The Tilt is a magnificent knife but if you ever get to handle both at the same time, you'll see that the 0777 is in a different class. IMHO that is . . .

Question: Is the non-clip/lockbar CF side CF over a Ti liner or solid CF? It's hard to tell from the video. Thanks!

Congrats to the happy owners!

Stainz (Still happy with my TILT!)

Last edited:
Well, yesterday I, my wife, and the two salesmen at my local sharp-thing-emporium got a chance to A-B one of their 0777's with my TILT!. The 777 won on looks, from barely (me) to soundly (my wife). The 777 is lighter, but the Ti-framed TILT! instills more confidence re strength - and was decidedly smoother, a no-brainer considering it's use here - it's broken in. Perfectly centered goes to the TILT!, not the 777. The replaceable lockbar is a novel idea, a la my LionSteel SR-1, but must not be that necessary - or CRK's would have it. My TILT! also has VANAX75 steel - the 777 doesn't. I told them to hold my 777 for a day as I pondered it - my wife said it was her's - and to hold it until she could pay for it, which they happily agreed to do, as she gets my knife-gifts there. $600 is a bundle, too, especially since we were awaiting a decision on our bid on a new to us home, my having lived here since 1976. We needed to count pennies.

Not to worry - last night we found that the home, empty for a year, got a better offer after ours, so we'll get our earnest money back. Oh well.

Stainz (Yes, still happy with my TILT!)

All the power to you, too! :)

Well, yesterday I, my wife, and the two salesmen at tmy local sharp-thing-emporium got a chance to A-B one of their 0777's with my TILT!. The 777 won on looks, from barely (me) to soundly (my wife). The 777 is lighter, but the Ti-framed TILT! instills more confidence re strength - and was decidedly smoother, a no-brainer considering it's use here - it's broken in. Perfectly centered goes to the TILT!, not the 777. The replaceable lockbar is a novel idea, a la my LionSteel SR-1, but must not be that necessary - or CRK's would have it. My TILT! also has VANAX75 steel - the 777 doesn't. I told them to hold my 777 for a day as I pondered it - my wife said it was her's - and to hold it until she could pay for it, which they happily agreed to do, as she gets my knife-gifts there. $600 is a bundle, too, especially since we were awaiting a decision on our bid on a new to us home, my having lived here since 1976. We needed to count pennies.

Not to worry - last night we found that the home, empty for a year, got a better offer after ours, so we'll get our earnest money back. Oh well.

Stainz (Yes, still happy with my TILT!)

Dang - still no email from kershawguy - and I was the first one to post in the pre-order thread!

Ok - now I am just sounding like a whiner. ;^)

Now, where was my Jack Daniels?

best

mqqn

I bought a 777 from a store in Canada. It shipped last wk but has been stuck in NYC for 3 days. Should I be worried about this knife being seized by Customs?! Was so excited to find one...this never occurred to me!

Man x.x starting to get worried lol. Haven't been able to find one yet even with a constant refresh on sites x,x the force is not strong in me lol

Any updates on when some of the dealers with preorders will have them? KnifeCenter in particular. Haven't heard a peep on when these would be fully released. If they are coming out slowly that is no problem but no one has said anything so I don't know if they have all been released already or what the status is. Thanks in advance!

Any updates on when some of the dealers with preorders will have them? KnifeCenter in particular. Haven't heard a peep on when these would be fully released. If they are coming out slowly that is no problem but no one has said anything so I don't know if they have all been released already or what the status is. Thanks in advance!

Direct quote from Thomas in December: (source)
...they are being produced. Shipping a very small amount seemed complicated, so we will hold on prior to allocating, and look to produce a higher number before letting them hit the streets.

Either that is no longer the case, or dealers are sitting on them. Either way, it is definitely driving the secondary market price up on the ones that are already out there. :(

I got mine today and after waiting since 2011 from a pre-order, the stop pin is canted pretty bad. I contacted the dealer about it and will see what they say.
Honestly, this one should be a 2nd.

Back