• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

The Zero Tolerance 0777 has arrived!

This comment has no sense of thought in it at all. You fuss because the market (yeah, that's what its called when price meets demand) is high and you blame ZT? This is stupid. ZT isn't selling the knives at this price, retailers or individuals are. You said this yourself.

I guess you have lost respect for Colt and all the other AR style manufacturers out there because the price of an AR-15 has gone from $800 to at least twice that.

The AR-15 market is a frenzy fueled by an executive order. I don't see that happening with a manual folding knife such as the ZT 0777. You're rallying behind what you perceive to be market forces on a factory produced knife. I personally think it's a great looking knife, and the savvy buyer will wait until true market value adjusts down for a $300.00 knife. The AR-15/AK 47 market is an inflated market that will only escalate. It's a great money maker.

The AR-15 market is a frenzy fueled by an executive order. I don't see that happening with a manual folding knife such as the ZT 0777. You're rallying behind what you perceive to be market forces on a factory produced knife. I personally think it's a great looking knife, and the savvy buyer will wait until true market value adjusts down for a $300.00 knife. The AR-15/AK 47 market is an inflated market that will only escalate. It's a great money maker.

Unfortunately this knife will never "adjust down" to $300, in fact if you arent in on the pre-order I say you will never be able to buy one for under $600+(regardless of condition). At $480 I consider this knife to be extremely well priced as you cannot find one with similar features for under $700 and even then those knives don't have a composite blade with Devin Thomas Damascus.

GenKraid- Nice diggies, whats ur rate/rank? im AM3 on C-130s.

Thank you! :) ET2, Submarine Radioman. Though I'm currently on shore duty at a P-3 command. Loving the Air side of things. Sadly, I'm almost done here, then it's back under the depths for me. :(

I'm not talking about the secondary market. I certainly wouldn't pay $500.00 for a $300.00 knife.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you think this is a $300 knife, you are way off base. We sold this knife for $600 MSRP, but we should have sold it for $800-$1000. There are plenty of production knives that sell for this kind of money. Look at William Henrys or fancy Sebenzas. The 0777 is one of those rare cases where the MSRP was actually lower than it should have been.

Last edited:
The Tilt is a fantastic knife but having owned two Tilts and owning a 0777 now, the 0777 is in a different category and a different class by a decent margin. You'd have to have both in your hand at the same time to fully understand.

IMHO anyway

Last edited:
After all the whining about how it took more than two years to get here; now we start bitching and complaining that it is selling above MSRP? Tell that to Harley, GM, Nike, Busse, and Casio.

Superbowl tickets, autographs, etc. This happens all the time.

-----

I'm glad that something is working out in my favor regarding pricing... Now just waiting on the mailman and the credit card bill! :)

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you think this is a $300 knife, you are way off base. We sold this knife for $600 MSRP, but we should have sold it for $800-$1000. There are plenty of production knives that sell for this kind of money. Look at William Henrys or fancy Sebenzas. The 0777 is one of those rare cases where the MSRP was actually lower than it should have been.

- I think ZT should make another run with an MSRP of $800-$1000. I can't imagine that you wouldn't sell every one.

The Tilt is a fantastic knife but having owned two Tilts and owning a 0777 now, the 0777 is in a different category and a different class buy a decent margin. You'd have to have both in your hand at the same time to fully understand.

IMHO anyway

Quit yer bragging :)

Hey, my threads don't get locked down. They're too much fun! Gaze upon the beauty and rejoice!

IMAG2709_BURST002_zps7016c69a.jpg

As if things weren't bad enough one just went up on ebay for $1195.00. I'm sure it will be there for a long time, but you never know.

A thing of beauty open and closed, but I must say that picture of it closed shows how well the blade goes with the carbon fiber!

A thing of beauty open and closed, but I must say that picture of it closed shows how well the blade goes with the carbon fiber!

Agreed! The contrast of the layers in the damascus and cf look great together! People said the tilt looked like Batman's knife, but I think this one does even more so. :D

I'll have to take a picture of it with the tilt, whenever it gets here that is.

As if things weren't bad enough one just went up on ebay for $1195.00. I'm sure it will be there for a long time, but you never know.

Looked high and low.... didn't see one on the bay anywhere. What's it listed as??

Edited to add: I sure as hell ain't paying anything near that for one !!

Back