There is always room for improvement! šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

New benchmark; 350 reps of calf raises with the 140lb weighted vest in 4 sets

One downside to the gym in the basement, is not having a Smith machine. I'm not a fan of them in general, but they're great for weighted calf raises with heavy weight.

Don't have the desire or inclination to spend the money or take up the room for something that's only going to be used for 1 exercise (whether it's a Smith machine or a calf raise or hack squat machine).

Hang in there and keep pushing, guys.

Some days are easier than other days...
5x straddle jump to handstand for a (not slow enough to be 1 second) count to 40.

Yesterday I only needed 15 minutes between each handstand. Today, the rest time between each successful handstand got longer and longer. It was an hour between #4 & #5 before I quit for the day.

Some days are easier than other days...
5x straddle jump to handstand for a (not slow enough to be 1 second) count to 40.

Yesterday I only needed 15 minutes between each handstand. Today, the rest time between each successful handstand got longer and longer. It was an hour between #4 & #5 before I quit for the day.
The important part is that you did them.

Last edited:
Pulled both my ham strings last night trying to out run my kids. Terrible pain. Can barely even walk today. This is going to take like weeks and weeks to heal!
I'm speculating, but usually those kind of hammy twangs heal quickly, I'll guess 2 weeks, hope so anyway.

We're off to hit plyos. It's leap year after all.

Terrible pain. Can barely even walk today.
I can relate to that lol. Last Wednesday I injured my lower back. I was doing elevated deadlifts. I was deadlifting 405lbs for 10 reps. Got 8 good ones. On the 9th rep the left plate I was standing on slid back and to the left when I pulled the weight. It caused my form to break and my lower back to tense and lock up.

Havenā€™t been able to walk well since, and my lower back has been killing me. This is my fourth but least serious back injury thankfully.

Give it a few good weeks and Iā€™m gonna shoot for a deadlift PR.

Side note, same night before deadlifts. I squatted 405lbs for 10 reps. So we getting stronger!!!

I can relate to that lol. Last Wednesday I injured my lower back. I was doing elevated deadlifts. I was deadlifting 405lbs for 10 reps. Got 8 good ones. On the 9th rep the left plate I was standing on slid back and to the left when I pulled the weight. It caused my form to break and my lower back to tense and lock up.

Havenā€™t been able to walk well since, and my lower back has been killing me. This is my fourth but least serious back injury thankfully.

Give it a few good weeks and Iā€™m gonna shoot for a deadlift PR.

Side note, same night before deadlifts. I squatted 405lbs for 10 reps. So we getting stronger!!!
I don't like 10s for deads. We used to start 12 weeks out from a meet and do one week of 10s, not pushing too much, then couple weeks of 8s, 6s, several weeks of 5s (favorite), couple weeks of 3s, a week of 2s, then the meet. Pretty old school.
People have trouble maintaining form on 10s and start to rep out, not resetting and treating them as individuals, bouncing etc. I'd rather do 6 sets of 2 off 20 seconds, forcing full setup, and multiple instances of first rep form.

Longest ride yet, post-surgery. Felt good. :thumbsup:

rmws5c.jpg

What not to do when youā€™re 52yo and donā€™t stretch first.

Itā€™s okay to laugh at my stupidity.

Iā€™m only laughing cause you actually thought you could beat your kids beyond 10 yards ā€¦.. in your dreams buddy šŸ¤£

Feel better adluginb adluginb , ice it and keep moving, just like Uncle tinfoil hat timmy tinfoil hat timmy said šŸ‘

DrBC DrBC , youā€™re still a young stud šŸ˜Ž youā€™ll bounce right back and hit your PR in no time at all šŸ»

Hope everyone is doing well and either making progress, resting as needed, or managing to work around their injuries without causing further aggravation.

More of the same on my end. Still at a "not slow enough to be 1 second" 40 count for handstands. Surprised myself with a 13 minute & 10 second shuffle step on my 1 mile mostly uphill path when it wasn't raining a couple of days ago.

Back