1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

This BB13 went on a diet

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by razor-edge-knives, Mar 25, 2017.

1. kniferMan

kniferMan Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Thanks for the awesome feedback. I'm on the fence and will entertain both options for now but I'm diggin what you're saying. I love my B11 and will most likely keep both options available :D

Will York likes this.
  2. Azula Gun Holsters

Azula Gun Holsters KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 19, 2016
    Yes, very well worth it. His work is outstanding

Here is a BB13 that was worked over by Josh at Razor's Edge Knives
    REK BB13 INFI 18.5 oz .228 in front of handle and .208 spine thickness in center of blade.
    Ends up being the same weight as a 1311.

Weights of other knives as a comparison.
    Scrapyard 1311 18.5 ounces
    Busse BB13 SR101 21.4 ounces
    Scrapyard 1111 20.9 ounces
    Busse Basic 11 16.9 ounces
    Scrapyard Dogfather 19.7 ounces

Here is a quote of exactly what Josh at Razor's Edge Knives did to the BB13:

"So what I did was regrind to a full flat, then do a convex edge blended into the flat grind so you won't see a transition point for the edge, then I applied a microbevel on the Wicked Edge for the final apex stability. You will notice 2 tick marks near the edge on the blade, this is the sweet spot for chopping where you will be doing your harder chopping. In between the tick marks I did a mirror polished micro-bevel because a polished edge is better for chopping, whereas I left the rest of the blade (heel and tip) with a 1k grit edge on it which will be perfect for cutting rope, or hacking weeds/underbrush (for a machete type use). I also didn't leave the tip overly thick since I figured you would be using this in a jungle type setting you would want precision cuts on light vegetation as well."

REK BB13
    [​IMG]

kniferMan likes this.
  3. Ladams19

Ladams19 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Wow, that does look nice. I just had mine in hand today as a matter of fact and yes they are front heavy. Nice that you shaved off a small EDC knife amount of INFI lol.