This is getting ridiculous - where the hell is my knife?

Ok I realize that sometimes dates on things get pushed back, but now we are at almost 4 months later and still only a portion of these production knives have gone out.

What is going on? Do you even have all of these knives finished and done yet? Or are you still making them?

I PAID for my knife 4 months ago with knifeworks because they were told you guys were shipping the knives out. (I realize the prepay is between knifeworks and I)

And you were supposed to send the "2nd shipment" of production knives to RYP over a month ago. He said on BFC they were received and went out, yet I'm not aware of any other dealers that received a 2nd batch of production?

And I know knifeworks has only received 100 knives and that was 2 months ago.

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE REST OF THR PRODUCTIONS KNIVES?!?!?!

Ok I realize that sometimes people get upset, and certainly have a right to complain. But please keep it polite. Even low level vulgarity is out of place in our discussion forums. It escalates too easily, once begun. Go to Whine & Cheese to blow off steam.

I am sorry that I can not give you any answer.
I do not control the distribution, please write to

customerservice@dpxgear.com

My only customer in this deal is DPX. When I send knives to US I do not know how they will be split to each customers.

The only think that I can guarantee is that we have in production the second run. I hope that with this new run all of you can have his own knife in a short time.

In one hand we are happy about the result of this knife, we have collected a lot of order, but in the other hand we are sorry that we were not able to deliver all these knives in a short time.
We are working in order to give a better service to all of you. Sorry again.

I am sorry that I can not give you any answer.
I do not control the distribution, please write to

customerservice@dpxgear.com

My only customer in this deal is DPX. When I send knives to US I do not know how they will be split to each customers.

The only think that I can guarantee is that we have in production the second run. I hope that with this new run all of you can have his own knife in a short time.

In one hand we are happy about the result of this knife, we have collected a lot of order, but in the other hand we are sorry that we were not able to deliver all these knives in a short time.
We are working in order to give a better service to all of you. Sorry again.

I sent my HEST folder to DPx on 3/8/2011 for blade play in lockup.After about 5 email to customer service with no reply,I feel like I just got scammed.If no reply in another week,I'll be making some calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grumpy::mad::grumpy::confused::barf:

Now I'm worried. I sent mine in this week for exactly the same problem.

I'm decidedly unimpressed by my "hard use knife" that developed an enormous amount of blade play from a couple of weeks of opening and closing it.

The word around was that their customer service was doing a good job resolving issues.

I sent my HEST folder to DPx on 3/8/2011 for blade play in lockup.After about 5 email to customer service with no reply,I feel like I just got scammed.If no reply in another week,I'll be making some calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:grumpy::mad::grumpy::confused::barf:

I'm in a similar situation. My folder has been away for quite a while...I was told that I would wait up to two weeks before I had the knife back. It is now a few days past two weeks and I still have not heard back from anyone. I sent an email about 5 minutes ago to ask what is going.

I know of someone who sent theirs in also and already got a new production version with the same problems (blade play) that he initially sent his out for. If the one that I receive has the same problems, I will be returning it for refund.

Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions but it appears that these lock issues are surfacing a lot with these knives.

This makes me wonder if we're seeing an engineering issue that won't be solved by replacement.

My HEST started out locking up solidly . When a small amount of blade play developed it worsened quickly,to the point that it was close to disengaging just from moving the blade up and down. :mad:

I have a $25 Boker framelock that has zero blade play after extensive carry and use.

I'm close to asking for my money back before I even try a replacement.

I'm in a similar situation. My folder has been away for quite a while...I was told that I would wait up to two weeks before I had the knife back. It is now a few days past two weeks and I still have not heard back from anyone. I sent an email about 5 minutes ago to ask what is going.

I know of someone who sent theirs in also and already got a new production version with the same problems (blade play) that he initially sent his out for. If the one that I receive has the same problems, I will be returning it for refund.

Lol are you referring to me? My first hest/f had vertical play due to the lock bar slipping. I sent it in and within a week they sent me another. At first it was solid. After a week of very light use it developed a tiny bit of vertical blade play which imo is not acceptable for a $175 knife. So I sent it back. All in all Dpx has been very quick to answer any emails I send. They told me to allow at least two weeks so we will see what happens. So far my experience with the knife has been unsatisfactory, however, my experience with their customer service has been great.

Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions but it appears that these lock issues are surfacing a lot with these knives.

This makes me wonder if we're seeing an engineering issue that won't be solved by replacement.

My HEST started out locking up solidly . When a small amount of blade play developed it worsened quickly,to the point that it was close to disengaging just from moving the blade up and down. :mad:

I have a $25 Boker framelock that has zero blade play after extensive carry and use.

I'm close to asking for my money back before I even try a replacement.

I know how you feel, I have a $17 crkt frame lock that has no play what so ever. May very well be an engineering issue.

Lol are you referring to me? My first hest/f had vertical play due to the lock bar slipping. I sent it in and within a week they sent me another. At first it was solid. After a week of very light use it developed a tiny bit of vertical blade play which imo is not acceptable for a $175 knife. So I sent it back. All in all Dpx has been very quick to answer any emails I send. They told me to allow at least two weeks so we will see what happens. So far my experience with the knife has been unsatisfactory, however, my experience with their customer service has been great.

No, not you. But the fact that you too had the same experience really makes me wonder....

Initially, mine was SOLID. Unfortunately, the lock bar was also solid, meaning it was almost impossible to unlock the the knife without using two hands. I tried to fix this by bending the lock out slightly. This worked for about 1 day and then it started developing play. Not as much as yours, but enough that I could rock the blade up and down and hear it clicking against the lock face. Otherwise, I agree that the customer service has been pretty good in terms of communication. I absolutely love the knife except for the lock issues. See my review here: http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/threads/829098-DPx-HEST-FOLDER-OVERVIEW-Production-Version

Another member here (don't know if he wants his name mentioned) had a production version that he was testing the lock with (not spine whacking, just applying force on the back of the blade). The lock slipped and the blade closed on his fingers. He sent the knife in, they sent him a new one in about one week but it had the exact same problem as the one he sent out. Like I said, if I have the same experience I will just return the knife for good.

Last edited:
I love mine also. If I can't count on it to lock up safely and continue to in the long term it's useless to me.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone knows if they're honoring their "no questions money back" guarantee since it appears it may be coming down to that in several cases.

Loads of high end folders use the teflon washers.

The SR-1
Hinderer's XM knives
Burchtree custom folders
Kirby Lambert's knives

Bob Terzuola uses nylatron, plastic type material

Last edited:
Thanks for the info,I was unaware of that.

It is all about education, and believe me....I was shocked with I saw teflon on my $600 custom folder. Then I researched and looked around and found many folks use it and is preferred by many custom makers and high dollar knives.

Back