This just in ~ from España • The Navajas of ArtesaniaHerreros

@herder - we are all keen to share José's exquisite knives. Glad you have noticed.

I can't pick a favorite anymore, ;) I like too many. However Vince, this knife and your photo are an Ambassador campaign all on their own.

I'm liking seeing more of yours too Jack.

Stay tuned all for the new Pinemoon & RayseM collection currently incoming from España :cool:.

Ray

Last edited:
Thanks amigos mios, beautiful photos and more than that a community of friends all gathered speaking about folding knives and even some pseudo philosophical stuff hahaha

Let me apologize if I am not around many times to answer in time :( I had to stay in bed the whole weekend and I am still recovering from it, that's why I miseed your amazing pictures guys, I am definitely using some of yours in the instagram account soon :D

I will be back soon, sneak peek: I am finishing Don's new child and I am hoping Ray receives his soon, I think it will look way more beautiful when he takes his own photos than the ones I sent him hahaha

Cuidaros amigos mios, un abrazo para todos,

José

Thanks amigos mios, beautiful photos and more than that a community of friends all gathered speaking about folding knives and even some pseudo philosophical stuff hahaha

Let me apologize if I am not around many times to answer in time :( I had to stay in bed the whole weekend and I am still recovering from it, that's why I miseed your amazing pictures guys, I am definitely using some of yours in the instagram account soon :D

I will be back soon, sneak peek: I am finishing Don's new child and I am hoping Ray receives his soon, I think it will look way more beautiful when he takes his own photos than the ones I sent him hahaha

Cuidaros amigos mios, un abrazo para todos,

José
I hope you are doing better amigo.
Gracias por las amables palabras.

May the knife Gods guide your skilful hands.
May the sun shine upon you in Albecete, and long may your anvil ring :)

Ray and I are muy emocionado to receive our next navajas.
And we are excited to share them here with the other ambassadors :thumbsup:

I've come down with a bad case of mailbox twitch. ;) Opened our road side mail box today and started a jig for all the world to see. :rolleyes: I obviously had received an overseas package. :cool: :thumbsup: :)

Hooray for José and the super speedy mail system I sang out loud...

...BUT then I looked more closely :confused: - was just the thickness planer cutter knives I ordered off the bay, from China :( :p (Those came pretty darn fast!)

Oh well. All good things...

o_O Ray

I've come down with a bad case of mailbox twitch. ;) Opened our road side mail box today and started a jig for all the world to see. :rolleyes: I obviously had received an overseas package. :cool: :thumbsup: :)

Hooray for José and the super speedy mail system I sang out loud...

...BUT then I looked more closely :confused: - was just the thickness planer cutter knives I ordered off the bay, from China :( :p (Those came pretty darn fast!)

Oh well. All good things...

o_O Ray
:(

As modern people would say: "Sh*t happens brother" hahahaha

I am sorry for your dissapointment, you should receive it soon! It says on the USPS webpage that the expected delivery date is 10th May. Let me copy and paste it for you just in case:

Expected Delivery by
FRIDAY10 MAY2019by
8:00pm

Btw, if you check the tracking number I gave you on the USPS webpage you can select the option to receive an SMS of any update, even the delivery! I just discovered it! It may helps you Ray to know when they deliver it.

Thanks José but I am a strange fellow as regards tracking - I prefer the fun of the surprise on delivery day rather than the disappointment that the tracking is off by a day or 2. :) Really don't mind waiting.

Yesterday's delivery was a mail gotcha'. * I had forgotten about the incoming planer knives.

* noun
1. NORTH AMERICAN an instance of publicly tricking someone or exposing them to ridicule, especially by means of an elaborate deception. Not such an elaborate deception but I was taken in nonetheless.

However, tomorrow is not very long to wait. New knife for the weekend :cool:

Ray

The weekend is a great time for a new knife, RayseM RayseM !
The other ambassadors are waiting with you :thumbsup: :)

In other news, Jose' emailed me this morning to say mine has just been shipped !
I am happier than a pig in :poop:

Dos navajas for us :cool:
We are muy emocionado :) :p

My instinct were right on after all - my new Herreros was very close to home. One day earlier than tracking promised it -

Arrived today! :thumbsup: :D

Do you want to see it? :rolleyes: No marine shots today. Too busy a work week for other than a few minutes at lunch time to photograph in the full sun off the porch. No matter. It looks great among the trees too. There will me more with the ocean as the backdrop.

First - what has now become - the Classic Herreros Navaja pose.

TEAK handle - nickel silver metal throughout (except for the spring and blade, of course). The idea is for this to be my fair weather sailor's knife. I think it is quite loyal to the classic Navy Knife in many respects. Knowing this was coming is why I didn't order the BF 2019 Traditional Knife. Well worth the wait.

Simple and sublime are the details. 3" cutting edge, 4-1/4" handle, a slim profile, and the broad and beefy sheepsfoot blade make this a perfect boat knife for me.

It is a slip joint friction folder so that I can easily open it but more importantly, close it with one hand while under sail by simply pressing against my thigh or any part of the boat.

New to my experience is that the blade does not press on the back "spring" at all as it opens. There is no contact until the blade is fully opened. Most sip joints I have handled will raise the back spring just a bit so that there is pressure opening and closing but this blade opens and closes without any resistance except at the pivot - set at about a 7.

More details -

The nickel silver bolsters do not wrap the knife. They are beautifully inlaid into the
30 year old TEAK (from my boat building days). The little copper J inclusion (H- on the other side) was a favorite touch from my 1st Herreros that I asked José to repeat. You can also see his makers mark on the blade by the pivot and some elegant yet simple details incorporated throughout.

AND - per my request - a lanyard tube :thumbsup: - a must have on a boat.

Some folded shots - a slender shape :)

Finally, another close up of the Classic Pose

My friend José has absolutely brought together "my sailor's knife" exactly as I had hoped. It will be well used and cared for and likely for more than just sailing, although my other Navaja might have something to say about that. ;) Thank you so very much José. You heard me very well.

I am truly grateful for such treasures - your knives in my hand AND your friendship most of all.

Enjoy Ambassadors.

Ray

Last edited:
My instinct were right on after all - my new Herreros was very close to home. One day earlier than tracking promised it -

Do you want to see it? :rolleyes: No marine shots today. Too busy a work week for other than a few minutes at lunch time to photograph in the full sun off the porch. No matter. It looks great among the trees too. There will me more with the ocean as the backdrop.

View attachment 1125597

TEAK handle - nickel silver metal throughout (except for the spring and blade, of course). The idea is for this to be my fair weather sailor's knife. I think it is quite loyal to the classic Navy Knife in many respects. Knowing this was coming is why I didn't order the BF 2019 Traditional Knife. Well worth the wait.

Simple and sublime are the details. 3" cutting edge, 4-1/4" handle, a slim profile, and the broad and beefy sheepsfoot blade make this a perfect boat knife for me.

It is a slip joint friction folder so that I can easily open it but more importantly, close it with one hand while under sail by simply pressing against my thigh or any part of the boat.

New to my experience is that the blade does not press on the back "spring" at all as it opens. There is no contact until the blade is fully opened. Most sip joints I have handled will raise the back spring just a bit so that there is pressure opening and closing but this blade opens and closes without any resistance except at the pivot - set at about a 7.

More details -

View attachment 1125601

The nickel silver bolsters do not wrap the knife. They are beautifully inlaid into the
30 year old TEAK (from my boat building days). The little copper J inclusion (H- on the other side) was a favorite touch from my 1st Herreros that I asked José to repeat. You can also see his makers mark on the blade by the pivot and some elegant and simple details incorporated throughout.

View attachment 1125604

View attachment 1125605

View attachment 1125613

View attachment 1125619

Finally, a close up of the Classic Pose

View attachment 1125620

My friend José has absolutely brought together "my sailor's knife" exactly as I had hoped. It will be well used and cared for and likely for more than just sailing although my other Navaja might have something to say about that. ;) Thank you so very much José. You heard me very well.

I am truly grateful for such treasures - your knives in my hand AND your friendship most of all.

Enjoy Ambassadors.

Ray
Beautiful, simple, elegant. Excellent! Thanks for posting, Ray. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1125597

More details -

View attachment 1125601

30 year old TEAK (from my boat building days). The little copper J inclusion (H- on the other side) was a favorite touch from my 1st Herreros that I asked José to repeat. You can also see his makers mark on the blade by the pivot and some elegant and simple details incorporated throughout.

View attachment 1125604

View attachment 1125605

View attachment 1125613

View attachment 1125619

Finally, a close up of the Classic Pose

View attachment 1125620

My friend José has absolutely brought together "my sailor's knife" exactly as I had hoped. It will be well used and cared for and likely for more than just sailing although my other Navaja might have something to say about that. ;) Thank you so very much José. You heard me very well.

Enjoy Ambassadors.

Ray
Wow Ray...
This navaja is showing off very nicely.
I love the copper inclusion and the teak. The filework and the finish are superb. Jose' is an amazing maker ;)

That is a stunning piece. I am blown away.

Congratulations, ambassador!

I really like that configuration. Large hefty capable blade in a sleek Teak wardrobe and the file work is exquisite. I love the delicate ornate almost lacy look José can create in what is yet a muscular rock solid unit of utility. Well done yet again my friend and kudos to you Ray for your design and selection.

Thank you very much guys for your enthusiasm & support!!

José - all these compliments recognize your skill.

"Beautiful, simple, elegant. Excellent!" :thumbsup:

"The filework and the finish are superb." :cool:

"Large hefty capable blade in a sleek Teak wardrobe and the file work is exquisite. I love the delicate ornate almost lacy look José can create in what is yet a muscular rock solid unit of utility." :)

All of the above and more! Each knife you make is worthy of this praise. Tu mano y tu corazón están en tus cuchillos.

Ray

Last edited:
I would like to say two things:

I have no words to describe how happy I am now. Thanks a lot amigos mios and ambassadors for your words, they reached me deeply.

I slaughtered the like button on each post, I would prefer an option to say that I love them instead of liking them,

Have an amazing weekend guys, this definitely made my day, I am gigglering like a 15 year old teenager when seing his first boobies

José

Back