This must be where the DEKs hang out, eh?

Why not? Gotta push the limits. I really just wanted to see if it could do it. I'll repair the blade myself, shouldn't be too terrible.

Images aren't great. Last two are heavily magnified.

The screw was small and clamped down on a wood block. A deadblow hammer was used.

The blade only rolled. No chips. View attachment 2429973View attachment 2429974View attachment 2429975View attachment 2429976

Not bad. How does the screw look ? (just noticed yoko was faster :) )

Why not? Gotta push the limits. I really just wanted to see if it could do it. I'll repair the blade myself, shouldn't be too terrible.

Images aren't great. Last two are heavily magnified.

The screw was small and clamped down on a wood block. A deadblow hammer was used.

The blade only rolled. No chips. View attachment 2429973View attachment 2429974View attachment 2429975View attachment 2429976

How big was the screw?

I am a bit surpised. In Nathan's videos, I have certainly seen Δ3V take less damage, in fact, in his magnacut video, that took almost no damage.

Sadly, the screw took very little damage. I would suspect that it was hardened.
Or maybe Ti?
I cut screws on the regular in my trade. Most of the time 6-32’s and 8-32’s.
My regular Klein curve wire strippers cut steel screws no problem.
View attachment 2430233
But they can’t handle Ti screws.
For Ti screws I have to get out my heavy duty wire strippers.
View attachment 2430234
And they don’t cut the screw. More of a shearing effect after a great amount of force is applied.

Side note: good wire strippers come with purpose built threaded holes for cutting 6-32 and 8-32 screws. You can see them by the pivot in these pics.
Nathan uses 8-32 hardware.

How big was the screw?

I am a bit surpised. In Nathan's videos, I have certainly seen Δ3V take less damage, in fact, in his magnacut video, that took almost no damage.
Nathan was cutting bolts in his videos and I believe he was using larger knives. I don't know if bolts are hardened. I'm not sure. Does anyone know?

I'm pretty sure the screw was hardened.

Or maybe Ti?
I cut screws on the regular in my trade. Most of the time 6-32’s and 8-32’s.
My regular Klein curve wire strippers cut steel screws no problem.
View attachment 2430233
But they can’t handle Ti screws.
For Ti screws I have to get out my heavy duty wire strippers.
View attachment 2430234
And they don’t cut the screw. More of a shearing effect after a great amount of force is applied.

Side note: good wire strippers come with purpose built threaded holes for cutting 6-32 and 8-32 screws. You can see them by the pivot in these pics.
Nathan uses 8-32 hardware.
I'm not sure, but I doubt they're titanium. They're out of some cheap shelf kit I got on Amazon or something. I was able to cut it with my rebar pliers when I found them afterwards. It took force, but it wasn't very difficult.

I want to be clear that I'm not complaining about the knife. I was purely sharing my experience.

Last edited:
You know how when you want something real bad and it takes a long time too get it, and then when you do get it in hand it just cant possibly live up to your expectations or the magical pedestal your mind had placed it on?

This is not one of those times!

View attachment 2430459
This knife is everything I had hoped it would be. The extra thickness over the DEK1 makes it perfect for my hand. This thing feels indestructible and thats exactly what an idiot like me needs.
Its the perfect size for my mostly urban adventures without the feeling I would be under knifed on a 3 day hike.

I am just elated with this thing.

You know how when you want something real bad and it takes a long time too get it, and then when you do get it in hand it just cant possibly live up to your expectations or the magical pedestal your mind had placed it on?

View attachment 2430459
This knife is everything I had hoped it would be. The extra thickness over the DEK1 makes it perfect for my hand. This thing feels indestructible and thats exactly what an idiot like me needs.
Its the perfect size for my mostly urban adventures without the feeling I would be under knifed on a 3 day hike.

The good news is it will keep growing on you more and more. Welcome to the DEK 2 club. Awesome overbuilt stud of a knife. Now you need to get you a sweet leather sheath to compliment it Nicely.

View attachment 2430459

It’s a real beauty for sure ❤️

Just wait till you feel how grippy those Burlap scales get once they get wet too 👍

Kettleman Kettleman is officially a DEK2 Club Member now 🍻

Back