Thoughts and impressions if the new Micro/IBBB/Bawanna Bowie Good and bad.

Put me on the list, don't care about the cost. My best to your missus, she's knows a good knife when she see's it.
I too of course can't get over how much I love this little knife.

I've been looking for this quote and just found it:

...I most want something HI that I can wear on my belt every day. Something that when a bunch of guys are sitting around comparing knives the room goes quiet when I put mine on the table. Different, beastly, extremely robust, but still only 7 1/2" or so long. Something where everyone puts their knives in a drawer and ask me to get them one of mine from Auntie. I break out in goose bumps thinking about it.

Hats off to Bawanna, Yangdu, and Bhakta for making this knife a reality!

I'm typing this with one hand because the IBBB hasn't left my other for the last 30 minutes or so. It's absolutely awesome. The grip fits me like a glove. The balance is excellent, with the balance point right at the first finger, behind where the grip meets the blade. Great job and a big thank you to everyone involved in the design and production of this knife.

I've been looking for this quote and just found it:

Hats off to Bawanna, Steve Tall, Yangdu, and Bhakta for making this knife a reality!

I fixed this for ya. You played an instrumental role in the research and development with your sizing and reduction computer skills, something I admit I'm horribly lacking in. I know you like to stay in the background and not take credit for all the good things you do but I ain't letting it happen this time. Sorry.

Thanks for reposting that quote too. I think this micro will fill that dream perfectly, in fact I just came from the patrol area. Had a 2 minute impromptu show me your knife moment. 4 hands at once reached for my micro. One was an automatic switch thingy. Didn't even warrant an also ran in this race. The rest all folders. I mentioned going out and testing to see if they could pry open a car door. Nobody wanted to play. I think they call that a forfeit!

I mentioned going out and testing to see if they could pry open a car door. Nobody wanted to play. I think they call that a forfeit!

Well "pry open a car door" is not something you expect from a EDC.
It's like bringing a fire hose to a p!ssing contest. I would forfeit too :p

Well "pry open a car door" is not something you expect from a EDC.
It's like bringing a fire hose to a p!ssing contest. I would forfeit too :p

Is to me, I have high expectations. I learned this from Auntie. Also I always cheat and always try to win.

Any p!ssing contest you see me in you'll know me. I'm the one with the fire hose every single time. I don't forfeit ever.

Wait till you hold yours, your expectations will multiply 100x and you won't forfeit anymore either.

I'm anxious to hear from the others who got these. I'm trying to work today and I'm gonna keep trying but like Phillll I'm working with one hand and feel the need to come back here over and over to see what folks think. Well back to trying to work, one handed is better than nothing I guess.

Is to me, I have high expectations. I learned this from Auntie. Also I always cheat and always try to win.

Any p!ssing contest you see me in you'll know me. I'm the one with the fire hose every single time. I don't forfeit ever.

Wait till you hold yours, your expectations will multiply 100x and you won't forfeit anymore either.

I'm anxious to hear from the others who got these. I'm trying to work today and I'm gonna keep trying but like Phillll I'm working with one hand and feel the need to come back here over and over to see what folks think. Well back to trying to work, one handed is better than nothing I guess.

Well said... I'll probably work half speed too and for a while once I get mine.
And since I bought two, this is only if I succeed holding only one at the time.

Otherwise I better call sick. Cause if I'm stuck with one in each hand, I'm not going to get much work done.

Well said... I'll probably work half speed too and for a while once I get mine.
And since I bought two, this is only if I succeed holding only one at the time.

Otherwise I better call sick. Cause if I'm stuck with one in each hand, I'm not going to get much work done.

Actually if I didn't have a pretty good idea these knives were coming today I would have stayed home sick today. Didn't feel so hot yesterday either, a little better this morning but I was coming if I had to come in an ambulance. Funny thing, I've felt alot better since they arrived.
You do raise a valid point, with two it's hard to work no handed. I'm managing to fondle one at a time so far. I'm anxious to get home and show Hal Beshair his new protectee's and I'm even gonna show the wife, heck it worked out ok for Steve Tall, miracles happen everyday ya know. Wait.......maybe he got today's miracle and I'm setting myself up for a beating? Hmmm, I shall ponder this.

Well fellas. I had time to strap mine on my belt today (wide open carry of course) and head off to town in search for materials to make a Top Bar Kenyan Beehive. WTH is that? well. don't really matter. So off to Home Depot for materials. I went in to pick out some 1x2's and there was this sweet old lady there starring at the pile of busted up, warped, and even broken pieces of wood. She wanted to make shelving brackets but couldn't find any good stuff. I climbed on the stack and saw a few bundles in the back and they were still strapped together. Well Guess what? I just happen to have a Bowie to open some new ones. I hesitated to pull it out because i was afraid i might scare her to death:eek: No other alternative so I pulled it out and busted all the straps on the new bundles and she just said "nice!". Then after I cut them open she said "Smart!...Thank you honey and prayed for me (i need it). So now off to get some tung oil. I thought maybe paint dept would have it? They had minwax but nothing "pure". The lady that was helping me was asking me what I want to use it for so of course I had to pull out the Bawanna Bowie again:eek: She started telling me how her house burned down too and lived just a few miles from me and such while fondling the Bowie. I didn't think she was going to give it back to me. She loved it. She asked me about the wood and Kami marks etc. We spoke for about 30 minutes about knife making and her flint knapping hobby. OK now off with my catch back home. On the way out I had to whup it out to cut some twine at the door to tie all the stuff on and proceeded to the car to load the stuff up on my surfboard racks. There was a guy parked behind me loading his stuff and was watching me cut up the twine. Don't know what he was watching but I was flashing a fuller full of sunlight in his eyes for sure! I think he liked my knife and wanted to ask about it but we just nodded and went on our way. Anyway was a fun day with my new beast and she sure did me well on her first working day! Open carry was the best way to carry it if you can. The sarkis even blunted the brass tip so it wouldnt poke a hole in you or your car seat as you did your thing. I think they thought of everything!

Cool pics Philll! The horn looks great!

Watch out Steve! You know what happens if she likes it too much. I've lost three or four that way already!

I too seek mastery of bees. ndog you are too cool - (though I hear bumble bee keeping is where its at) -- It is a great knife though, I have not really chopped anything but I really like it as a pocket knife , I opened some letters with it. best IBBB story so far ++++

Wow! Ndoghouse......what a day with your new BB(Bawana Bowie). Mine fails in comparison to yours. I simply walked outside, raised her towards the Heavens and cried out loud" I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!" A hurricane like wind rushed in from the West, Fire and Brimstone from the East, lightning and Thunder from the North, and then my wife grabbed my #%*#$ from the South and said ..............."Im your wife, put down that knife!
Do what say, it'll all be okay,"
I replied..........."It's not a knife, but a KUHKRI dear wife!
Sharp as a pirahna, from the mind of Bawana!
Now leave me be, so I can go chop,
I cut down 30 acres of my neighbors crops!"
Thanks Bawana....I have no words for how cool my baby Bowie is.

Wow! Ndoghouse......what a day with your new BB(Bawana Bowie). Mine fails in comparison to yours. I simply walked outside, raised her towards the Heavens and cried out loud" I HAVE THE POWER!!!!!" A hurricane like wind rushed in from the West, Fire and Brimstone from the East, lightning and Thunder from the North, and then my wife grabbed my #%*#$ from the South and said ..............."Im your wife, put down that knife!
Do what I say, it'll all be okay,"

Dude! You can summon the heaven and earth! lightning, wind and thunder is cool but I could do without the big fires for a while:rolleyes: Yours hasnt failed! It just has kinetic energy waiting to be released at the right time:D You guys are great and it is great to see them words Steve posted when this was just in Bawannas brain and seeing an idea come to life and in everyones hands at the same time! Ive been cutting all day but now I wanna chop something!
Yes Gahazi bees are cool! Ill have to check out them Bumble bees. I have two colonies of bees and may have to move them because of some pending construction. If they are too close for comfort for the backhoe operators ill have to move them. If so ill be ready with the hive.
Do what say, it'll all be okay,"

Well I manned up in a big way and broke mine out soon as I got home. Showed it to the missus and gosh darned I kid you not, her exact words verified by my perfect hearing son were "That's a nice knife!" I got a little light headed, world spinned a bit and while my courage was still strong I asked if she'd had a phone call or any correspondence from a certain Mr. Steve Tall. She's got a pretty decent memory and said the fella from the undisclosed location (she named it correctly) hadn't called. Hmmmm. Spontaneous response "That's a nice knife!" and nobody put you up to it? There's some wonderful magic in these little beauties.

Well I'm off to show Kal and I'll try to take a few pictures. Already a few cops at work interested in having one to call their own. One already kind of tried to play on my weakness for giving stuff away but I told him to bugger off for now. These are mine, mine, mine.

Ndog, if I ever get down south we'll have to meet in a neutral location. I got no use for bee's. I'm skeered of em.

Do what I say, it'll all be okay,"

I hate to whine Tedward but there's two "N's" in bawanna, it's a common spellin but also not worthy of capitalization which I never do. Course if you prefer one "N" and a capital I'm fine and dandy with that, I mean whats a letter and a letter size between friends ya know?

Well one more post with some photo evidence and I'll shut up for awhile. Hard to tell I'm kind of excited about these.

Just for fun shot.

Daddy Jr and his two sons.

A little spine comparison.

One thumbs up (would have been two but had to work the camera) and wife approved.

Even Kal is smiling and is endorsing the IBBB!

Ill plug the entrance holes so they cant get out so you'll be at ease! When I first bought this property they attacked me after chainsawing into some brush above their hive. They chased me about four hundred feet to my car. I waited inside the car swatting the few that got in and eventually they forgot about me. I got out about an hour later to retreive my chainsaw and lick my wounds. Glad i aint allergic to them. They dont bother me now because I know they are there and respect them.
Ndog, if I ever get down south we'll have to meet in a neutral location. I got no use for bee's. I'm skeered of em.

I think we are going to have to watch our wives on these knives! They seem to really like them. She cant have this one. Ill get another but she cant have this one! Fortunately I just gave her a Lachhu Kumar Karda so she is not saying much:thumbup:

Back