Thoughts and impressions if the new Micro/IBBB/Bawanna Bowie Good and bad.

Well I manned up in a big way and broke mine out soon as I got home. Showed it to the missus and gosh darned I kid you not, her exact words verified by my perfect hearing son were "That's a nice knife!" I got a little light headed, world spinned a bit and while my courage was still strong I asked if she'd had a phone call or any correspondence from a certain Mr. Steve Tall. She's got a pretty decent memory and said the fella from the undisclosed location (she named it correctly) hadn't called...

Now that's funny. I wasn't smart enough to think of doing that.

"There's some wonderful magic in these little beauties."
I agree.

I'm also very fond of Tilley Hats. Seriously best hats in the world in terms of rugged quality.

You guys tell your IBBB stories like the Tilley hat community tell stories about their hats. :)

Here's some just to back it up

"Elephant trainer Michael Hackenberger of the Bowmanville (Ontario) Zoo, had his Tilley Hat snatched from his head and eaten by an elephant. Three times. Michael later would find and pick up his Hat, wash it thoroughly, and wear it. He had declined to accept a new Tilley Hat in order that we may have his well-traveled Tilley for our museum. (We were secretly pleased!)" Alex Tilley, Ontario

"In the spring of 1991, I bought my Tilley in Waterton Park. For eight months I enjoyed it thoroughly. Then someone broke into my truck and took fishing gear and my dear Tilley Hat. In September 2001, I had a call from a railroad worker who said he had found my Hat in a rail car. My name and phone number were still in the Hat. Too bad this Hat can't talk. Like the proverbial cat, this Tilley came back." Don Fraser, Alberta

"My husband was going fishing. He put one foot on the edge of the boat and one foot on the dock, did the splits and went into the water. He was going down for the third time, when his brother came down the hill, saw the floating Tilley Hat, then saw his brother's hand. He ran, jumped in and pushed him up. Thanks to the Tilley Hat I still have my husband." Cecile Nöel, Ontario

"During a recent trip to Tanzania I encountered a local gentleman who approached me wearing a Tilley Hat, but upside down on his head. When I suggested to him that it might be better the other way up, he replied: But my dear fellow, I'm not wearing it. I'm carrying it." David Francis, United Kingdom

"One of our customers described to me the following: A friend of mine was walking alone along a beach in Jamaica, wearing a Tilley Hat. Approaching him came a woman also wearing a Tilley Hat. 'It was the entrée to a glorious week-long affair' he told me." Alex Tilley, Ontario

"I was robbed of my autographed Tilley Hat at gunpoint... I must say that other than fearing for my life, I was extremely upset in losing my new hat... please send me a new 7-5/8 ASAP." Bob Chapman, Idaho

Just got it. First impression is that it is going to be a very useful and solid little knife.

The family
5cd6914bbcdfeda2c51f39c8b8b9d009.jpg

Did ya bring your Bowie to work today? I did. Now what? I think maybe ill do some wind tunnel testing on it and see how it slices through the air. Then put the sheath on it and check its system impedance:D What are you going to do with yours?

Three bowies on me today. It's a great day. Feel kind of lousey but sharp and pointy at the same time.

Showed em to another detective who has an incredible eye for detail and observation. He was genuinely impressed with these. He usually finds some fault in just about everything. Only thing he found on here was the snap on my sheath had potential to scratch my horn handle and he didn't want that to happen. That's an endorsement right there.

On behalf of all of us poor non-IBBB-owning shlubs out there, please post more pictures!

Im having fun finding effective ways to carry mine. It fits well in small coat pockets and those long pockets I don't use in carpenters jeans. I might take the button off mine cause it fits nice and snug in the sheath anyways.

Neat little knife.

I built me a little kydex belt sheath for mine tonight. Just finished. Had to take my own pictures so not great.

Needs a little fine tuning. Fits nice and snug, unleashes easily, doesn't resheath as good as I'd like.
Before anyone sends me sympathy cards for being left handed I'm not. I am right handed. I carry a belt knife on my weak side, a 1911 usually resides on my right. I call the knife my get off me knife. I'm very happy with the way it rides, plenty of knife but not huge.

Perfect.

Wow, look at you, I've barely got the oil off mine and you already built a sheath! That looks great!! Kydex and the IBBB are a perfect match!

Dude that looks rite handy! Just over the diamond plate:thumbup: Nice job bawanna! ive been carrying mine in my front pocket at work cause dont want them people here to have a heart attack. They are all sharppointyobjectphobiacs:eek: hoplophobic too. Off the job she get her dosage of vitamin D (sunlight). Today is the day my fancy pants arrives for my KLVUK and the KLVFKK piggyback! I cant wait to see what Pugs has done for me!!! Someday the micro will get some pants to ride with grandpa!

You'd best sit down when you open that Pugs package. Me thinks it will be a life changing event. He tends to do things up about 113 percent on his worst days and off the charts on the good days.
I'm contemplating some Pugs leather for my little bowie too. It surely deserves it.

Just got my Micro Bowie yesterday. Been fondling and pondering on this little bugger.
When I first saw the idea about these things I was a bit skeptical.
Now that I have one, I can see it will be a great companion to it's big brother.
Big bro for chopping and the MB for use kinda like it's karda.
These things in my opinion will serve very well for caping, dressing game and doing the things that it's big bro cannot easily do.
Good idea, Bawanna!

I'm happy your no longer skeptical Karda. I too think the blade shape is perfect for caping and dressing and all sorts of other stuff.

It's a dream come true for me. Now I can wear a HI knife on my belt everyday without stirring up alarm, well no more alarm than I normally stir up that is.

My hunting days are long over although the urge is coming back to me of late. I used to be quite an avid hunter. I was never greatly successful but mostly I enjoyed getting out in the woods for a purpose, not to just wander around. If your successful the work begins ya know.

Dude that looks rite handy! Just over the diamond plate:thumbup: Nice job bawanna! ive been carrying mine in my front pocket at work cause dont want them people here to have a heart attack. They are all sharppointyobjectphobiacs:eek: hoplophobic too. Off the job she get her dosage of vitamin D (sunlight). Today is the day my fancy pants arrives for my KLVUK and the KLVFKK piggyback! I cant wait to see what Pugs has done for me!!! Someday the micro will get some pants to ride with grandpa!

I hope you like it, and it arrives safe.

You'd best sit down when you open that Pugs package. Me thinks it will be a life changing event. He tends to do things up about 113 percent on his worst days and off the charts on the good days.
I'm contemplating some Pugs leather for my little bowie too. It surely deserves it.

Your a trip Bawanna, thank you, lets hope he likes it. I got my Mini the other day as well and boy its a winner for sure. Exactly what I thought it would be, a perfect small chore working knife, cant wait to get out and use it.

If he don't like it I'll find it a home for sure.

And perfect "small" chore working knife? I think I could whittle a Giant Redwood with this puppy.

If he don't like it I'll find it a home for sure.

And perfect "small" chore working knife? I think I could whittle a Giant Redwood with this puppy.

Guess I should have chosen my words differently, compared to the other AK Bowies its more useful for the smaller work, more control over the blade and where you want it to go. But your right it could whittle a Giant Redwood for sure, and you certainly don't feel under-knifed with this bad boy on your hip.

It's a cool.....little big knife, that's how I would describe it. Lots of power in an efficient package. Only thing I plan to change is due to the short handle, my index finger rubs the metal where the wood meets. A file, stone or sandpaper will soon have it polished like a bar of soap!

Back