Time to your door

Hey Ellie, thanks for the info. So will the 4.1s have the same discount? Do you think the same situation will happen?

I remember reading you guys were looking at hiring someone else - is that still in the works?

Yes, the GSO-4.1 will also have the 20% discount. It is definitely possible for the same situation to occur, we will be sure to take that into account.

We are definitely hiring someone, but he won't be starting until he is done with school in a couple months. Fortunately, he worked with us part time for a year and a half before we moved so he will be able to hit the ground running.

I got my 3.5 that I ordered on 3/18 today. It is SWEET!

Mine too. I just got notice that it is sitting waiting for me in the mail box when I get home! Cant wait to check out my first survive! knife when I get home and see first hand what all the fuss is about. Thanks Ellie, and Guy.

Yes, the GSO-4.1 will also have the 20% discount. It is definitely possible for the same situation to occur, we will be sure to take that into account.

We are definitely hiring someone, but he won't be starting until he is done with school in a couple months. Fortunately, he worked with us part time for a year and a half before we moved so he will be able to hit the ground running.

I got mine today and just checked it out. I'm no knife expert but I can't see why it's a second. There "might" be some faint marks on the blade? Maybe something with the grind my untrained eye can't see? Looks like great work!

I'll definitely have to be quick on the order button when the 4.1 comes out! Will there be seconds of those also?

Just had a quick look at some of your work Hale. Very tight and clean. Will be watching what you do with some of the GSO models.

Actually, if you are in the mood would you mind posting back a pick from the show of the 3.5 with your work? Would be very keen to see your bent on the carry.

Thanks in advance.

Ay yi yi. Ended up selling the kydex sheath at the show and never took pics. I'll make another one (I need one to carry the blade since it's a user for me) and post up some pics. It's gonna look like this more than likely but a different pattern in the kydex. This is my hunting knife (I have others for different hunting and camp chores). The 3.5 will be my fishing knife (hence the CPM-20CV). The lanyard is handmade beads from a broken knife scale made from crushed mammoth bones in resin. The scales had a chunk of bone right on the fault line and broke. I didn't want to waste the material so I made the beads. The Antler fire steel was made by me too from a buck I shot a couple years ago. I'll post pics here when I make the new sheath.
51u4bc.jpg
[/IMG]
2ugyv09.jpg
[/IMG]

Anyone else receive any updates on their 3.5 factory 2nds? I ordered 2 of them on March 29th and haven't heard anything since. Just curious if I should contact Survive since it's past the expected date or just sit and wait some more.

Hale, awesome sheaths, kind of a leather look
I have a 3.5 second coming also. There is literally 2 peeps that run Survive and I think they are a bit overwhelmed. I'm not concerned.

Last edited:
Anyone else receive any updates on their 3.5 factory 2nds? I ordered 2 of them on March 29th and haven't heard anything since. Just curious if I should contact Survive since it's past the expected date or just sit and wait some more.
I'd say sit. It may seem uncertain now just waiting, but Ellie has said a few times here and on Facebook that they're doing everything they can to get those orders filled. That's coming from a guy who hasn't been waiting a month for an order though........
I hope you get it sooner than later.

Lookin good, Halestorm!

We are going to be working all weekend to try and get the last of those out on Monday.

Got my shipping confirmation today as well. Ordered on 3/29 and shipped on 5/6. Took longer than expected, but they're in the mail:)

I am in Ohio.

The knife was mailed from Survive! on May 6th according to Survive! and USPS.

According to USPS, it reached Spokane, Washington, a little over an hour later.

Twenty-one hours later, as of 4:02 AM today, the knife has left Spokane, Washington, having "departed" for somewhere.
May 7, 2015 , 4:02 am Departed USPS Facility SPOKANE, WA 99224

Last edited:
Mine shows the exact same thing, departed Spokane at 4:02 this morning. Mine shows delivery by tomorrow.

Now shows out for delivery. One month and a day from order placement to receiving is not bad at all in my opinion. I know some companies only make you wait two weeks but... :D

I received my two 3.5's yesterday and they are razor sharp. The blades are near perfect besides one of them having some very slight scratching. What I mean by very slight is if you cut a piece of cardboard it would probably make the same marks. I don't see why these would even be considered factory 2nd's, but I appreciate the deal on them from Survive!! Now the waiting time for the GSO 4.1's, but I had to order one off the forums to get my fix in the meantime. I am now a Survive Knives addict and had to purchase my wife a GSO 4.1, so the hole family has their own Survive knives for our camping, hiking, and backpacking trips. Thanks Ellie and Guy for putting out some awesome knives...

We are going to be working all weekend to try and get the last of those out on Monday.

Well this didn't quite work out due to the buffer deciding to act up. It took Guy a couple days to get it back up and running. The last GSO-3.5 orders will be getting sharpened today and we will do our best to get them all built and in the mail Friday.

Ellie, Which do you think will ship first (if you had to guess) - The GSO 5's that needed scales and sheaths, or the Starter 5.1's?

Thanks a bunch!

Back